Trip Report Feb 9-11

wsky70

Just got back in from the day trip, Had a blast out there today. Thanks for letting me cruise with you dman. He/we had a little accident, I'll let the pics tell and and he can comment. The weather was nice all day, little cloud cover, but temps around 75. I can't wait to spent the entire weekend out there next weekend, it'll be a blast. Here's some pics from the day, again good times by all...Semper Fi, Woody :rockwoot:

070210012.jpg

070210017.jpg

070210036.jpg

070210026.jpg

070210041.jpg

070210042.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good times today weather was great

lvkc20 got a flat

joeduner lost a rear diff oil plug

and as you can see mike and i rolled the rhino

kayla almost blew up her moms rhino

no injuries when we left

thanks for postin the pics mike they look good

thanks for taking the rollover ones kayla

Edited by dman74

well after much campfire discussion some of us think DDR could use a real midget (or little person not sure what is PC). anyone have a small friend that wants to come play ??? apply online :thumb:

job includes transportation food lots of drinks and many rail/rhino rides! Costume optional :DDRrocks:

Edited by vegas style

well after much campfire discussion some of us think DDR could use a real midget (or little person not sure what is PC). anyone have a small friend that wants to come play ???

apply online :thumb:

job includes transportation food lots of drinks and many rail/rhino rides! Costume optional :idiot:

thought i had already been elected to this position??? as well as PLC= potluck coordinator!!

:DDRrocks::thumb::rockwoot: :fro:

Just got in and finished washing up the toys and hauler.

This weekend was alot of fun. The weather was gorgeous. Sunday got a bit breezy at times, but not too bad.

The Sperry Wash trail was a blast w/ everyone. :idiot: 13 miles into it Joe Duner lost his rear diff drain plug and lost all his oil. :( We saw a wet trail for a little while on the path we were on, then after about 2 miles later when we stopped and were talking about it. Joe decided to go check his quad since he was up front of the pack. Thats when he found out the plug fell out and he lost all his fluid. After looking at every bike and Rhino in the group- there wasn't a bolt that would work. Joe then found out a rubber bumper on the bottom of his quad seat cushion fit in the diff pretty well. Vegas Style & I hauled azz back to camp pickup some oil, tape, etc to get him back. That was probably the most fun I had all weekend! :thumb: :fro: I think I'm gonna desert race my Grizzly after seeing how well I can cover some ground on that badboy. :clap: 40-55 mph was my average speed through the wash. :thumb: I even did a one wheel stoppy going into one of the tight turns. :dance: After bringing the supplies out to Joe we taped up the plug so it wouldn't fall out, topped it off, and he was good to go. We made it all the way back w/ no problems. :D

The rest of the day was pretty chill....really chill. Duniemonkie napped while I sat back sippin on some beers watching Pastrana Nitro Circus 4 w/ Don, then chatted for a while with Larry & Nannette (ShortSandCars). I can't wait for my new car. The more I talk w/ em the more excited I get.

Sat night was relaxing. We shared some good laughes around the fire. Jackie busted out the birthday cake for Don and we celebrated his birthday around the fire stuffing our faces with more cake than we wanted to eat. :fro: We were gonna go hit up comp hill at night but everyone was really tired and had the lazies. (Sorry stalteri920 & Big_Gunz & crew) The fire was just too nice.

Sunday I went out with OGP for a Rhino ride and watched Larry at comp w/ his new car. That thing is sick. The power wheelies that thing pulls are incredible. :rockwoot: We then took a lil trip around the south pole and up back around the hills in that area.

Monkie & I went for a ride shortly after. It was actually the only DUNE RIDE I went on all weekend! :rockon: It was nice though. The wind in my face felt great. The weather was really nice.

It was great seeing everyone & I had some good times as always. Off weekends rock. They are very relaxing and much better than the crazy holidays. On the other hand, I can't wait for next weekend. :thumb::DDRrocks:

this weekends observations...

-Vegas Style pronounces motorcycle as motor-sickle :fro: We couldn't stop laughing about that one

-Sperry Wash at 55mph...awesome :DDRrocks:

-don't ever buy mini meatball hoagies from Albertsons deli (fkn mold on em! :barf: :no_no: )

-"Big rock...........BIG ROCK...BIIIG ROCK" :clap::rockon:

-Joe Duner has 6 rubber bumper things under his quad's seat cushion, therefore he has 6 rear diff emergency drain plugs :thumb:

-duniemonkie loves chicken sandwiches, expecially when ynot's wife makes em :rockwoot:

-we can talk about midgets for about 30-45 mintutes and laugh our azzes off and it doesn't get old. :thumb:

-For some reason talking about posting a "rail" in the sandrail section of the gallery is hilarious :dance:

-old people rock :idiot:

-Don29Palms doesn't like shirts

-dman74 can't handle a Rhino :fro:

-Ynot's buddy, Ken, likes dessert items :thumb:

-cordless/ electric drills for lowering & raising the toyhauler stabilizers jack... friggen priceless

-off weekend @ Dumont + DDR peeps= always a good time

it was a pretty fun weekend.

except toy problems.

and i get really lost at night trying to find my camp :DDRrocks:

thanks Dave for going in the Rhino with me and trying to explain somethign about the radiator :thumb:

Jackie & Kelly thanks for letting me tag along on the ride

met a few new people. vegastyle , northphelan & mr. brownsand :D

i cant wait to go to ArmaGhetto next weekend B)

this weekends observations...

-Vegas Style pronounces motorcycle as motor-sickle :rockon: We couldn't stop laughing about that one

-Sperry Wash at 55mph...awesome :DDRrocks:

-don't ever buy mini meatball hoagies from Albertsons deli (fkn mold on em! :barf::barf: )

-"Big rock...........BIG ROCK...BIIIG ROCK" :no_no: :thumb:

-Joe Duner has 6 rubber bumper things under his quad's seat cushion, therefore he has 6 rear diff emergency drain plugs :rockwoot:

-duniemonkie loves chicken sandwiches, expecially when ynot's wife makes em :idiot:

-we can talk about midgets for about 30-45 mintutes and laugh our azzes off and it doesn't get old. :dance:

-For some reason talking about posting a "rail" in the sandrail section of the gallery is hilarious :clap:

-old people rock :fro:

-dman74 can't handle a Rhino :thumb:

-Ynot's buddy, Ken, likes dessert items :fro:

-cordless/ electric drills for lowering & raising the toyhauler stabilizers jack... friggen priceless

-off weekend @ Dumont + DDR peeps= always a good time

you forgot Joe has a wounded ramp.

& Don plays weird a$$ music :thumb:

Well, we're home and unloaded, not bad since we didn't even leave Dumont 'til after 1:00. Had to get ONE more ride in before loading up. Got a little gusty out there, but was a very nice ride otherwise today. Pulled right up to the dump station at Tecopa, and low and behold it was Pete and Anna pulling out of it. We'll post up the pics later, gonna go fire up the grill and finish off the carne asada we didn't need Sat. night. (ALWAYS pack TOO much food, oh well.) Used more gas than water this weekend. My azz is toast but it was well worth it!!! Great weekend, lots of fun, and great friends to boot!!

had a great time this weekend... :D weather was perfect and company was great..it was nice to see everyone and meet some new peeps....sperry wash ride was fun and still got back to do some dune riding...went over to dave and kelly's camp for dinner sat evening,meet some great people THANKS kelly again...then had bithday cake with Don.kicking back around the campfire with great conversation....gotta love the off weekend for relaxing.... :D we also brought out our new 8mo old puppy sabrina out she was awesome for her first trip, just laid in front of the toyhauler and love the attention,she is not sure about the campfire though.

post-672-1171253663.jpg

post-672-1171253752.jpg

post-672-1171253783.jpg

post-672-1171253811.jpg

post-672-1171253838.jpg

post-672-1171253866.jpg

post-672-1171253958.jpg

post-672-1171254017.jpg

post-672-1171254406.jpg

Edited by DUNE SMURF

Don29palms loves shirts!

Thanks everybody that was there for a GREAT birthday!

Special thanks to Duniemonkie & Dunefreak for the new T-shirt :slap:

AND Extra Special thanks to DuneSmurf for making a fat guy happy with a B-day cake :2cents:

My DDR family ROCKS :beercheers::laughing:

Don29palms loves shirts!

Thanks everybody that was there for a GREAT birthday!

Special thanks to Duniemonkie & Dunefreak for the new T-shirt :slap:

NNNNNNNOOOOO... :beercheers: I meant you don't like shirts because you only wore a shirt about 10% of the whole weekend! :laughing: