Trip Report Feb 9-11

wsky70

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jsut let me say, :tapdance: I had a great time saturday. everyone was really nice and fun to ride with.

Vegas Style pronounces motorcycle as motor-sickle :dance: We couldn't stop laughing about that one

ISN'T THAT FUNNY!!!! :beercheers: must be a Norwest thing. LOL

Thanks again everyone. :laughing::slap::2cents:

Was a great weekend! The sperry wash trail was very interesting espically the rocks hanging on the sides of hills waiting for the next little bit of rain and wash away the little spec of dirt that is holding it there.

Off weekends are the best !

Observations;

Dunemonkie likes Chicken sandwiches in the middle of the trail along with some dust to wash it down with!

Pete refuses to go on camera to be a TV star

Rhino's are a hell of a lot of fun!

Walter's choice of deserts for a skinny guy is amazing! I had to eat half of a sandwich just to justify 2 deserts around the fire.

Happy Birthday Don!

Following a ranger that has a flat tire SUCKS! Amazing how much dust a flat throws up!!

My dog loves riding in the Rhino!

:mc_smiley: :barf: :mc_smiley: :mc_smiley:

I just want to shout a THANX to Dinicolada, Dinicolady, and the rest of their group for making a quad-ignorant fella feel welcome within their camp circle this weekend, my first time EVER on a quad. All I can say asides all that is...I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THESE!!!

Edited by PinzEOD

Does anyone know who got airlifted out on sunday? thought i saw a helicopter.

:stick_smack: We were told by a gal in our little group that it was a child that was playing in his/her camp and was plowed over by some (can't find a word suitable enough) who cut through their camp site, ran the child over, and never even stopped.

:laughing: We were told by a gal in our little group that it was a child that was playing in his/her camp and was plowed over by some (can't find a word suitable enough) who cut through their camp site, ran the child over, and never even stopped.

Friggen' camp racers.post-475-1171315381.gif :stick_smack:

Probably a tweeker.post-475-1171315241.gif

Please keep us up to date about the child's condition. I can only hope he/she is going to be ok.

Good weekend, got some good dune riding in on my new LTR450. My Pops had his recently finished VW rail out to Dumont for the first time, he loved it. He hadn't been to Dumont in years. We were camped right next to the DDR crew, went to say what's up a few times but I think our rides were on opposite schedules. Was hoping to pick up a DDR hat while I was out there, maybe next time.

Anyways, great weekend, got to hang out with my Pops, my brother, my nephew, Mike (Northphelan, if only for a little bit) and Chuck(CRD450) who made it out for a day trip on Friday.

Hope the child is OK that was hit in camp, keep us posted if anyone knows what is going on.

Hope the child is OK that was hit in camp, keep us posted if anyone knows what is going on.

Davey knows the story better than I, I only overheard him telling Mike Sat night at Comp. what Melanie saw (the yellow blanket/tarp in the middle of the campsite).

They air-lifted the body out, didn't survive.

(Maybe some of the Californians on the site heard it on the news and could post up the correct info)

Edited by dinicolady

I just want to shout a THANX to Dinicolada, Dinicolady, and the rest of their group for making a quad-ignorant fella feel welcome within their camp circle this weekend, my first time EVER on a quad. All I can say asides all that is...I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THESE!!!

Hey there Mike, didn't take ya long to find your way to the site! I was gonna post something up about turning a newbie on to the dunes! You beat me to it. Glad you had fun, and thanks to you for transporting the kiddos to Comp Sat night, they got a HUGE kick out of that ride in the "Pinz"!!

dumont4day_034.jpg

Edited by dinicolady

el pres you camera shy or ashamed to be seen in a rhino :think:

It looks like you peeps had a blast

No, I'm not camera shy. Ynot was just giving me crap because I always talk chit about Rhinos and this last weekend I was cruising OGP's around a few times. :stick_smack: I'm not that embarrassed to be seen in one. :laughoff::laughing:

Don29palms loves shirts!

Thanks everybody that was there for a GREAT birthday!

Special thanks to Duniemonkie & Dunefreak for the new T-shirt :think:

AND Extra Special thanks to DuneSmurf for making a fat guy happy with a B-day cake :think:

My DDR family ROCKS :stick_smack::laughing:

I'm sorry we didn't make it over in time to cut the cake with you guys! We figured we see you all at comp (word was that you all were taking the party to comp at 8:00) so we headed directly there 'bout 8:30. Oh well, I understand hanging in camp by the fire makes for a GREAT party anyway! :laughoff:

I'm sorry we didn't make it over in time to cut the cake with you guys! We figured we see you all at comp (word was that you all were taking the party to comp at 8:00) so we headed directly there 'bout 8:30. Oh well, I understand hanging in camp by the fire makes for a GREAT party anyway! :stick_smack:

i was going to go over for around 7:30 for cake but i got lost haha and couldnt find the camp :laughing:

so we went to comp but no DDR :laughoff::D except for northphelan . hes cool people. :D

Edited by GirlWithHorns

Kayla, did you see them actually roll?? I saw you haulin' a$$ to the top of the hill, THEN noticed a Rhino on its side. I could tell you were taking pics but didn't know it was Dan and Mike until Jackie came back down and told me. That is me and Jackie at the bottom of the hill waiting, I needed to shut my quad down to cool off for a bit, (I took it on hills it didn't even know it could do :stick_smack:) That was a fun run we were on!

070210061.jpg

Edited by dinicolady

QUOTE(barneycar @ Feb 12 2007, 03:32 PM)

OGP sound like a great peep but must be alittle :headbang1: LOL

He is a great peep and a good friend. :beercheers:

WTF!!! :mc_smiley: What brought that on Barney? Im a little out there though. I admit it. :dance:

Edited by ORIGINALPIMP

I'm sorry we didn't make it over in time to cut the cake with you guys! We figured we see you all at comp (word was that you all were taking the party to comp at 8:00) so we headed directly there 'bout 8:30. Oh well, I understand hanging in camp by the fire makes for a GREAT party anyway! :mc_smiley:

It's what happens in camp when you let old guys camp with you! Some see the wisdom in it some don't. I think the party ended fairly early Sat night I know it did for me. Getting up at 4:30 to drive to Dumont sat night makes a long day. I missed the Friday night fire but actually driving out Sat. morning was nice no traffic in town and a quick trip.

See Pete I told you camping with old guys would mellow you out!! :headbang1: