president weekend observations

vegas style

It was definately good times! Special Thanks to Jay, member, who supplied the fire wood when we needed it most! Thanks bro. if you read this let me know never got what your name was on here. Great weekend Guys!

its vegas400ex...........and no problem, any time man....Glad you guys had fun..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great time...spent a little time going from camp to camp and caught up with JoeDuner, Bert, Randog (with broken part in his hand), Barefoot Bob (Michelle and Kelly? too), HarleyR (at the South Pole), Wingnut, SinCityBlondie, Jackie, PaulyPaul, CDAVEGO (at comp)......and some dude named Steve with a Coors light 18 pack hat. :blury:

I would have been back for more visits, but I had a good buzz so leaving camp without someone else driving was out!! :slap:

I did get a good quad ride in on Jon's LTR (my first real ride in the dunes on a bike with power). We went up the Sperry wash trail then veered back towards the North Pole.....and back to camp through the dunes. :dope: ....I also managed to get a gooooood rail ride in on Fri before it was too crowded.

Observations:

-Joyriding a Ranger is fuggin funny!!! (went to comp hill Sat late night, but no one was around) :slap:

-Two drunk guys wrestling around camp on the cliffs always ends up with someone hurt. (One dude in our camp got up with a black eye from face planting into the rocky ground) :dope::watching:

-Wishing someone bad luck on a ride is bad for the Karma!! :slap: (we had a guy come back with a broken foot after someone wasn't being nice) Riding boots are your friend! :slap:

-I laughed and partied so hard this weekend I feel like I worked out like Arnold used to. :driver:

-When someone is driving and tells you to "get small" if something happens....be afraid...be very afraid. :blink:

So even though we had "face plant" and "club foot" in camp it was a great time...lots to watch and do. :laughoff: :no_no:

My observations...

1. I was on time to leave for once. Actually had to wait for Craig aka 9digit. :slap:

2. Lost the altenator in the truck right when I pulled into camp.

Still managed to make it all the way to Pahrump on battery power only. Was only putting out 8 volts when I got there! Thanks for helping out Ross! New altenator and two vehicles to jump start me and all is good. :dope:

3. Didn't realize I was camped with Jay until Sat morning even after shooting the sh*t with him Fri night at comp. Woke up and was damn that looks like Jay's truck. :slap:

4. Steveo finally got a high five from Junior. I think he found a new friend. :blink:

5. Ross (Justintime) and Dawn (California Oranges) surprised us by showing up Sat night to hang out. He brought out his kids quad for them to learn on. :driver:

6. My brother-in-law Eddie is the BBQ king. Never a bad meal when he is around. :no_no:

7. My lil bro-in-law Charlie is spoiled. He was driving his pit bike, his banshee, his little china made quad, his dad's buggy and his dad's jeep all weekend. :slap:

8. My trailer can sleep 4 adults and 6 kids with no problems. :laughoff:

9. 2pm ride got cut short due to Jim's wheel malfunction. Me & Junior, 9digit, Dman & his wife, Joe Duner, Wingnut, Ken and his buddy stuck around til Jim came back and made sure he was good, then we took off on a nice run of our own to the north pole. It was a fun ride. :watching:

Had a great weekend. Wish I could have hung out a little more. Can't wait for the cleanup weekend.

My observations

1. The first day we jumped in a ride with Dman, Kirk, Gary (aka Hank)

and Guy who likes to hug a lot, it was fun. :driver: Thanks for the warm welcome. :hug: Dan

was surprised it was us. Good times

2. Bob really doesn’t were shoes

3. Don’t touch the paint on Dmans car. :mc_smiley:

4. Sand~~Snakes wife thinks she created bad Karma for the car.

5. YZ chick is quit the bundle of energy…… (Ritalin may be her friend) : J/K :chat::chat::boxer: :argue:

6. I missed Jackie and Kelly. Damn it! :(

7. Cop Drag Racing is effn funny.

8. I can drink a lot of Coors light in 3 days. :beercheers::beercheers::beercheers::beercheers:

9. Laughing your a$$ of at your Best Friend ( at his expense) til you almost pee.

10. Bad a$$ rides behind someone who is fast and been dunning a 100 years

is fun, fun :driver: :ahhhhh: :driver:

11. Doing wheelies up Comp at night, 3 times in a row will make your

butt pucker for about 2 beers later.

12 What got broke: Motor home: Ignition switch broke, :pissed: had to hot wire it, then

couldn’t shut it off :banghead: , propane leak., :blury: bumper fell almost completely off.

Turned into camp not sharp enough and effed up the trailer and put 3 slices in

the front tire of the car. :stick_smack: Didn’t pop the tire. Broke a floor tab on the

car and lost 3 bolts holding it on. Back A-arm bushings started tosquawk like a mofo. Gonna be a biotch to fix that.

13. Guys who thinks doing Hot Laps on the flats at 3 am with their rail and quads is a ahole. :finger: :2gunsfiring:

14. Stevo wears bellbottoms :beercheers::laughoff::laughoff:

Don’t touch the paint on Dmans car

it's not that i don't like people touching my car i just don't like punk kids writing sh*t in the dust on my car it tends to etch it in there for life :beercheers: :mc_smiley: :stick_smack:

Some of my observations:

1. Dumont looks like a city from the highway on busy weekends!

2. Justin (sandsaw) likes to drive back and forth to Vegas to get a replacement kick starter.

3. Above observation comes in handy when you have a broken quad to go home, and a running Warrior to come back!

4. Minor suggestion...take the "For Sale" sign off the buggy as you tow it back to camp. NOT good advertising.

5. Trucks are for driving, not duning.

6. Having a camp grand-mama is a wonderful thing!

7. Danyell will set rude campers straight.

8. Playing tag or hide-n-go-seek at night, on a quad, with no lights, is NOT a good thing.

9. The catch phrase of the weekend, "true dat"

10. We had more fun on the off weekend trip than this crazy-a$$ holiday weekend!

double posting,

also met harley at the south pole, nice talking and riding with ya. hope you found your party alright.

didn't see ya later so figured you found them ok

again nice to meet all of you that we were able to meet, hopefully can meet somemore next trip.

:beercheers:

We drove 13 hours to get there. First trip to Dumont. Riding was good. A little dusty. Met some nice people Dave and Stephanie and Brice and Mary. Thanks for letting us hang out with you guys. The family from Fontana hope you get your buggy fixed. You guys were cool too. Im drawing a blank on names right now, sorry. I cant let one person ruin it for everyone Im sure you are all great people at the DDR camp. But the one that wheelies thru caution tape that we put up to slow people down, that doesnt leave a good impression on us newcomers. The post did say observations and thats what I observed.

We were asked to take it down. We did make an opening so people could get through. It kinda ticks a guy off when you got people hitting 3rd and 4th gear 30 feet from where you are sitting. So if you think its was funny thats fine. But I still say that isnt the way to make an impression on new people.

caution tape isnt a friend of ours it ends up being trash maybe try some cones next time. and it did get stupid trying to get into our camp by saturday night. we had been there sence thursday morning holding ground just to watch camps push in on top of us so there was finaly only one way in and that was getting caution tape across it. i went and said hey you cant block our only way in. and i got a bunch of crap for it. i just about wheeled through it myself after that. with 20 rigs in our camp i dont think you had the right to become our gate keeper.

We were asked to take it down. We did make an opening so people could get through. It kinda ticks a guy off when you got people hitting 3rd and 4th gear 30 feet from where you are sitting. So if you think its was funny thats fine. But I still say that isnt the way to make an impression on new people.

I wasn't there or near you. But, I agree, the 3rd and 4th gear racing through camp needs to be brought under control. Mark my word, it will only take one kid to get hit by this and the parent pulls a gun and that's all she wrote. Then we will be posting "How sad, why did this happen". I personally don't allow cars/trucks to speed through our neighborhood. If I catch you doing over 35mph, you just might get a 2x4 through your window as you pass :ahhhhh: Ask a few of my neighbors on here, they have also chased a few people down the street also. So, if you don't allow it in your neighborhood don't allow it there. It all comes down to respecting others.

Although, we were lucky and didn't get any of this through our camp really. I have zero complaints while we were there. Unless you count Bob riding sooooo slow I had to keep it in 1st :rolleyes:

My vent is over :rolleyes:

Edited by Bound4Dirt