president weekend observations

vegas style

Let get this started :dunno:

i had a good weekend. busys weekends are fun to watch the mayham :drinkbeer: . but makes for some rough riding.

ill post up a little later. alot of DDR people and alot of AS THE SAND BLOWS :beercheers: meterial..................... we still need a DDR midget :dunno:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in, had a great weekend out there. 15 was a mess because some accident. Me and Indy grabbed some food and hung out in the hauler in the dirt lot beside Valero. Took a good nap and woke up about 1030 and hit the road, smooth sailing from there on. Meet alot of new people this weekend, everyone was great. The potluck was outstanding on Sat, I got full, lots of good food. Headed over to Comp with everyone and had a great time, of course lost the buzz when we got back to camp. That secret hand shake really works wonders with the rangers. My camera took a dump on Sat morning, got a few decent pics out with dman on Friday, I'll have to post those up tomorrow. Thanks dman, had a blast Friday. I'm sure there's alot more, but sleep is in need....Semper Fi, Woody :beercheers:

Well arrived on Thursday around 5pm and found Vince and crew right away and helped try to keep our space and a way to get to it. had new camps pinch in all around us so by Friday night there was only one way to get rigs to the camp :bawl: . but we seemed to have room for everyone that wanted to stay with us :drinkbeer: .

comp hill was a zoo most of the weekend seemed like anytime you watched it for more then 5 minutes there was a crash or a way too close to one :laughing: . sand was all chop and my hands took a beating one longer rides.

DDR was well represented every time you turned around you met member :hello: . I got to meet several people barefoot bob fun guy, BIG rick sweet car nice guy, Ken Colors couple good rides and some great conversation! many more I cant think of now. then all the regulars camped by Woody and indy the dog and wingnut.

the DDR ride Saturday was the regular scramble to the north pole I hooked up with pauly pete and woody for a medium speed dune was a nice line.

Sure was a lot of people duning there tow rigs. and a lot of them were getting stuck in places that I wouldn't want to see anything I owned. I know pete has a pic of one high centered on the very top of a cone shaped dune. made for a few good laughs at the idiots. Saturday night was comp hill zoo nothing like 50 moving things on the hill at once going different directions at high speed :dunno: !!!!!

OBSERVATIONS

lots of firewood lots of sobe :ninja:

pauly and fmflover like the new trailer

woodys dog pees on mailmen

pete can draw a crowd :beercheers:

vendor row was like a shopping mall went on forever

watching jeep racing sounds better then reality

pauly is faster then a tahoe :dunno:

dumont rocks :mc_smiley:

-1st observation from "Thats Fuggin Right" weekend: That's Fuggin Right! :beercheers::hello:

-lots of fools try duning their trucks and get stuck

-Sat night cost me over 300 bucks to go to comp hill :finger::shake:

-LOTS of firewood makes for a badass fire at comp

-Those SOBE things-gone-wrong are still funny as hell

-Steveo learned he needs to always wear riding boots :slap:

-Pauly Paul....the 2 wheeler bandit doesn't stop for chit :ninja:

-after getting heated as hell from expensive azz tickets and uncalled-for harrassment from the BLM...friends make everything ok. :dunno:

-vegas400ex's FX400 Ford is badass and takes the whoops pretty good when sideways :drinkbeer::laughoff:

-jalepeno popper cheese sucks to have on your back :laughoff:

-Steveo talks chit to the Rangers when you are trying to get out of trouble :shake: :mc_smiley:

-sandseeker is a good friend to have :dunno: Thanks again, Brice......and Mary & Stephanie :laughoff:

-SAND~~SNAKE can't keep his wheels on his car :laughing:

-sanddunesaddict is much happier at the dunes when he has a rail to drive

-bpguy runs over trash bags with his rail (on accident) :bawl:

-ISBB didn't show :dunno:

-YFZchick likes to fight :boxer::laughoff:

-Vinces chicken wings are the bomb! :rockon:

-1st observation from "Thats Fuggin Right" weekend: That's Fuggin Right! :beercheers::hello:

-lots of fools try duning their trucks and get stuck

-Sat night cost me over 300 bucks to go to comp hill :finger::shake:

-LOTS of firewood makes for a badass fire at comp

-Those SOBE things-gone-wrong are still funny as hell

-Steveo learned he needs to always wear riding boots :slap:

-Pauly Paul....the 2 wheeler bandit doesn't stop for chit :ninja:

-after getting heated as hell from expensive azz tickets and uncalled-for harrassment from the BLM...friends make everything ok. :dunno:

-vegas400ex's FX400 Ford is badass and takes the whoops pretty good when sideways :drinkbeer::laughoff:

-jalepeno popper cheese sucks to have on your back :laughoff:

-Steveo talks chit to the Rangers when you are trying to get out of trouble :shake: :mc_smiley:

-sandseeker is a good friend to have :dunno: Thanks again, Brice......and Mary & Stephanie :laughoff:

-SAND~~SNAKE can't keep his wheels on his car :laughing:

-sanddunesaddict is much happier at the dunes when he has a rail to drive

-bpguy runs over trash bags with his rail (on accident) :bawl:

-ISBB didn't show :dunno:

-YFZchick likes to fight :boxer::laughoff:

-Vinces chicken wings are the bomb! :rockon:

did you get a ticket Pete?

did you get a ticket Pete?

Yep...you figured that one out. :drinkbeer:

It's a long story, but 3 of us got tickets on the way back from comp. :dunno: Evidentally driving your truck on the finger dune is "reckless and negligent operation of a motor vehicle". :mc_smiley: :laughing:

That's reckless but this isn't???????? :ninja::hello::bawl: This dude was at the top of the back/ steep side of comp and that was okay I guess....

S2010064~6.JPG

The rangers had it out for everyone this weekend. It's understandable why they were trying to bust the drunk drivers, but after I PASSED the field sobriety test they kept searching for chit to bust me on. They said I was "swinging donuts" in my camp. This was not true- I drove in a circle around the campfire 1.5 times. They called that swinging donuts. :beercheers:

Oh well, I guess it could have been worse. It just pisses me off that I was completely cooperating with the BLM 100% ("yes sir, no sir...yada yada yada") w/ no attitude and they were still being jerks. I guess if you have any kind of fun at Dumont they label you as a trouble maker. :dunno:

For me this weekend was much better than last prez day, for others maybe not so much. I didnt break my quad or myself :beercheers: so right there, that's a great weekend. Nice to meet and hang out some more DDR people. Vegas Style, Wsky70 (woody) both of the Dooners, YFZchick (wow can she sober up fast).

My best ride of the weekend started with following SandSnake to the south pole back and forth to camp to fix his rail and then a big long ride from the south pole to the north pole thru the dunes and then instead of heading back to camp made a run up the sperry wash just before sunset. For me I got more riding in than usual on a big weekend.

Observations:

Dunefreak did not get what he wanted for Prez day :drinkbeer:

Dunefreak can handle himself well with a BLM Ranger in his face :laughing:

Steveo not so much :mc_smiley:

Woody knows some sort of secret handshake

Sand Snake can't keep up with me in the dunes without breaking his rail :dunno:

Good thing BLM did't search table right next to their truck, when they rolled into camp. :dunno:

Here are few pics of this weekend.

post-416-1171906261.jpg

post-416-1171906308.jpg

post-416-1171906400.jpg

Edited by Kens Colors

Yep...you figured that one out. :drinkbeer:

It's a long story, but 3 of us got tickets on the way back from comp. :dunno: Evidentally driving your truck on the finger dune is "reckless and negligent operation of a motor vehicle". :laughoff::laughoff:

That's reckless but this isn't???????? :rockon::laughoff::laughoff: This dude was at the top of the back/ steep side of comp and that was okay I guess....

S2010064~6.JPG

The rangers had it out for everyone this weekend. It's understandable why they were trying to bust the drunk drivers, but after I PASSED the field sobriety test they kept searching for chit to bust me on. They said I was "swinging donuts" in my camp. This was not true- I drove in a circle around the campfire 1.5 times. They called that swinging donuts. :beercheers:

Oh well, I guess it could have been worse. It just pisses me off that I was completely cooperating with the BLM 100% ("yes sir, no sir...yada yada yada") w/ no attitude and they were still being jerks. I guess if you have any kind of fun at Dumont they label you as a trouble maker. :dunno:

dude, sorry to hear about that, that sux ballz.

by their definition of "reckless and negligent operation of a motor vehicle then you can get a ticket on a rail for driving in the dunes??? god forbid I get a ticket on my farm equipment :ninja: :mc_smiley:

after seeing the pics u posted with all the haulers there, the LEO's looks like they had their hands full. Imagine what they did if they found some one to be intoxicated, or drugs, or other stuff :laughing::bawl::hello:

I showed my wife those pics of all the haulers, and she was like, "no effin way areyou EVER gonna get me out there on Prez day" i have no peoblems with that either, as that is my mantra.....

start a Pete's ticket slush fund thread....ill pitch in 5 bucks :finger:

Couple from the weekend:

-It's hot out here

-This is MY SPOT

-Pauly likes to roost BLM :laughing:

-Pete likes to roost everyone behind him

-Indy I guess don't like mailmen (sorry dude)

-Potlucks are kick azz....those wings were good :dunno:

-Just be quiet Steve.... :ninja::laughoff:

-Secret handshakes are money savers

-The weekend rocked with everyone again.... :drinkbeer::bawl: :mc_smiley: :hello::laughoff::beercheers::dunno:

1. Thats f*cking right

2. homely as fk

3. down syndrome

4. always wear your riding boots, (Iam heading to the doctor to get a X-Ray)

5. People need to learn how to mind their own bussiness.

6. I need to learn how to keep my cool when dealing with a$$ hole Rangers.

(GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE JACKASS)

7. Bring on the Piss :beercheers::dunno::dunno:

8. ISBB Who? (Was he with Doug?)

9. Comp Hill Saturday night (AWESOME)

Other than that i had a great time, alittle ruff in the mornings but it all worked its way out.

Sorry for going off on that a$$ hole Ranger, I should of just kept my mouth shut BUT thats not my style.

(i will work on it)

I noticed alittle something this weekend, I know the Rangers are just doing their job but they need to concertrate on some of these other people that make us look like Saints instead of wasting their time giving us tickets for open containers that were closed in the back seat in a box, what the fk, i could see if we were sipping on it while driving but come on, maybe they encourage trash at comp, (just leave your open bottles over at comp DDR will pick it up. (fk them) :mc_smiley:

Also Flying Ryan rushed his wife over to the Medic trailer Friday night knocked and knocked and no one ever answered the door. What do these people really do out there? :bawl:

OK IAM DONE :drinkbeer: Cant wait for the next trip..... :laughing:

Edited by steveo

If you start a payment plan for the tickets we need about $450 to pay all of them. :beercheers:

I need to learn the hand shake because been a girl, saying no sir yes sir didn't get me out of the ticket.

I should have been beating Steveo a$$ instead of Pete's all night :dunno:

Ya well sometimes sh*t happens... CHeck it out radiator shrouds dont fit ohh well use the old ones or run without... take the bike up the street for a quick run to make sure sh*t still works... bike dont run!! tear thru the carb twice in a last ditch effort to go... bike still dont run... grab beer and jaeger and drink in the garage and throw tools at your bike Priceless! I had every intention of going... truck was packed and ready to put the bike in and something told me to just give it a quick run up the street and nadda!

tickets?!?!?!?

BLM!?!?!

YFZChick "attempting" to beat people up

sounds like fun, sorry i missed it, but i got alot of entertainment watching all the NBA Fans beat eachother up....."Thinning the Herd" gotta love it.

glad you all had fun, glad no one got hurt.

I had a great time on Sunday! Watched the crowds, rode my yfz450, and kicked some a$$ up comp in my rail! What more could you ask for!

I also met quite a few people from the board. Everyone seemed very nice. I even barrowed a few tools from some DDR members at camp and when we blew a tire on the way back to Vegas :blury: Everywhere I looked, I saw a DDR sticker on a truck or rig.

It's good to be home safe :dunno:

I had a great time on Sunday! Watched the crowds, rode my yfz450, and kicked some a$$ up comp in my rail! What more could you ask for!

I also met quite a few people from the board. Everyone seemed very nice. I even barrowed a few tools from some DDR members at camp and when we blew a tire on the way back to Vegas :laughoff: Everywhere I looked, I saw a DDR sticker on a truck or rig.

It's good to be home safe :dunno:

Too bad I missed you, bud. I saw your car once, but it was too far away to say hi.

Those stickers are getting out there huh? :chat::blury::D

only issues i have. this was my 1st big weekend out there

1. sad to say but we need rules on the sandrails and were they drive on comp-hill. 2 collided at the top on sat night (freakin arses) no oe watching were they are driving!! 1 hr to get the broken 1 down the hill. 1 guy drove right down the middle of the hill as the quads races up and allmost ended up hitting 2 or 3 quads. they cut across the hill and tore all comp up (rough rough rough).

2 idiots driving to comp using the staging area? WTF!!

3 lets race!! 3,000 ppl and only like 40 quads racing. come on guys..

fun fun fun!!

all in all.. GREAT WEEKEND!! all us had a blast and had mucho fun. nothing to serious broke so all is good..

got my quad back just in time on fri and ran like a top. i am the proud owner of a 60 hp yellow raptor WOOO HOOO!! i powder coated my rims yelow. looks great. family had alot of fun and cant wait for next year.

Last but not least. THAT GUY ON THAT 3 WHEELER IS FAST AS HECKTOR ON HOT SAUCE!! FUN RACING HIM!!

anyway all is good..

good weekend

didn't get any tickets

car still runs rhino stayed on all four wheels

wife drove the rhino to little dunes without me and didn't wreck :dunno::rolleyes:

the saturday ride was good once we got headed that way good lead joe :blury:

watched the drags on sat they were a drag

lost a buddy only to find him engine block deep in the sand. went for beer came back and the other friend was stuck trying to pull the one sideways through 2 ft of sand dune :chat:

found small crack in exhaust on the rail :laughoff: gotta get a new one

all in all good times

Edited by dman74

other than my buggy making me cry here is my observations:

ty riding family for the pred a turd advice

randogs a great guy !!

cmyfirepole can spot me from a mile away :blury: ( great guy)

pete likes couseling :idiot:

pauly needs a flag

the longer i sit in petes camp the more beer he will give me :blink:

sand dunes can be hard on skid plates and oil pans :dope:

ddr peeps are good listeners cause i dont remember shutting up (sorry woody) :dunno:

raptors are hard to ride with a buzz :rolleyes:

kens colors is gonna cost me money with that giant quad of his :no_no:

i cant find ddr at comp on saT NIGHT :chat:

i can spot desert skyz from a mile away (thanks for the directions to the ddr peeps) late again !!

im late for everything :shake:

i never got my ddr sticker :think:

everyone with ddr are great peeps :thumb:

had alot of fun yaking with you guys at comp and north pole :chat:

the colodas will be in the next episode of as the sand blows,

and the smurf.................................... :laughoff: maybe your dog to he was cool

sorry i didnt get to visit more but my car would not cooperate the last straw was sat night i get ready to go to the hill i wipe down the car fill it up put the bigger pulley for racing on since it wouldnt run cool i thought i would hill shoot . get already jump in the car buckle in hit the key start the motor and ill be dipped if the oil pressure sensor quit working, :dope: so i rode with my buddy who ran into other people and i couldnt get him to drive over to you guys :dunno: so i went with the flow. sorry guys i said id be there guess i lied :dunno: sunday was for the kidz and i went to stop by and the ballon was gone and you guys were gone??

Edited by barefoot bob

forgot an observation

turns out handy was in my camp this weekend

we went to comp way late saturday nite and he gave us a some campfire entertainment afterwards so here it is

helmet $200.00

quad $5000.00

not having a clue that your friends are not coming back and your helmet is in the truck that left. you have to get back from comp while drunk without a ticket

PRICELESS

so after hours of picking on him his new name is "HANDY HELMET" :blury::chat::laughoff::dunno:

pete likes couseling :rolleyes:

sunday was for the kidz and i went to stop by and the ballon was gone and you guys were gone??

:dunno: I forget what that was all about. I remember joking about something related to that but I can't remember what the hell it was. :dunno::blury::chat::laughoff::idiot:

As for Sunday, the balloon got taken down sometime late afternoon. Some left early, but I was still there till about 5 or so. I can mail you the sticker Bob, just pm me. :dunno: It's no biggie.