Tax dollars hard at work.

painterjoe

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually never had a run in with them at all. I was just posting if he or she had an issue they had an option to resolve it. :headbang1:

:D Yeah, I understood it that way. It was your reference to "old time cops" that reminded me of that night out at the hill, 'cause this guy was definately an old timer and really easy going! Nothing hard-a$$ about him.

:D Yeah, I understood it that way. It was your reference to "old time cops" that reminded me of that night out at the hill, 'cause this guy was definately an old timer and really easy going! Nothing hard-a$$ about him.

Is there a Law againts roosting an abanded fire pit in the middle of nowhere? The "old timer" hasseled somebody for that as stated in a previous post. Why not hassle the people who LEFT the fire pit unattended? JMO :DDRrocks:

WHEW!!! There is some crow eatin'and back peddeling going on here. First of all, welcome to the forums donutz&dunz, and thanks for posting your side. I think a lot of eyes have been opened here. Still looks like some folks just don't get it though. Still lots of punkazz attitudes and comments being displayed.

All I would like to add is that Law Enforcement, much like the Military of today, is just a cross section of society to where you have an element that just doesn't respect others property or space. It comes from home trainin' and that just doesn't hardly exist anymore. Everybody's too busy trying to keep up with or impress the Jonses to sit down around the dinner table and find out what's in their kids heads, or lives.

D&D thanks for your service and I for one appreciate seeing you guys out there giving it your best. From an old crusty retired Marine to a young stud LEO, Semper Fi.

Thought the same thing.

Edited by Bound4Dirt

well on the wages they get paid how are they expected to be able to by property?

4th grade level? So what your saying is they went 2 or 3 grades further then you? (sorry but that was just childish, how do you expect them to treat you when you say things like that?)

well on the wages they get paid how are they expected to be able to by property?

4th grade level? So what your saying is they went 2 or 3 grades further then you? (sorry but that was just childish, how do you expect them to treat you when you say things like that?)

Isn't starting pay $2900 a month? Not defending anyone. Just curious. When my dad was a deputy in the late 70's and early 80's his pay was $5hr. I saw one of his old paychecks. lol. He supported a house and two cars and three kids. How, that's another story...lol

painterjoe said:

You are good at avioding the question.

Most humans I know treat other people with respect and I would say 90% of dealings I've had with the law I was not treated the same and until those numbers are reversed I'll keep my genralized stamp awake.

It's not the laws I have the problem with.

Thank you for your concern, you stay safe too.

Edited by sMitty

I will agree that there are some really Jerk cops out there today. All I have to campare to is my father. He was hired in 1967 at a wopping $640 a month salary. He retired as a Captain in 1986. "Old school cops" like my father went with the general idea that they will just regertitate :laughoff: the same attitude that is bestowed upon them. That is an old school cops way of thinking. The cop of today it seems as though they NEED to control every situation that they run into so they come off with this real arrogant attitude right from the word GO. It doesn't matter if you are the nicest guy in the world, they will still be an a-hole to you. Old school cops had nothing to prove. They just enforced the law as they should. If you were cool, they were cool. Some it I think has to do with the general public of today as opossoed to 20 - 30 years ago. Back then, most people resected the police. Now, they don't which is unfortunate.

Just my $.02 on this.

To any cops that might read this, if I can give a little advice that my dad was told way back in 1967 by his T.O. "Crime was here before you showed up and crime will be here long after you leave, don't think you are going to change the world. Just do your job the best way you know how and realize that with as many A-holes you may encounter, there still are good people in this world."

I'll get off my soapbox now......... :beercheers::finger::finger:

:finger::beercheers:

....unbelievable....only here can you declare in 1 breath that the "Glamis types" need to be weeded out for the greater good, and whine about the cops that are attempting to effect just that....

The sheriffs racing up the hill are trying to show a human side by blending in with the populus and demonstrating an interest in duning....grow up folks....if u dont want a ticket, dont break the law .....

would you rather have cops driving around w/ out flags, or drunken chaos and potential deaths as a direct result of their abscence?

I'll pay whatever cost for even more cops if it means keeping the drunken / high / non-conformists at bay for the protection of my family.... :finger:

“WOW!” Flags have been controversial throughout world history, but I never thought that not displaying a flag would bring about so much controversy.

I’m not posting this because I am offended or upset by what has been said. I have heard what everyone has had to say so now I would like a turn. And I honestly say this with a humble heart and without malice. I have a good sense of humor and working this long in law enforcement I have gotten use to being hated.

I am the NOVICE, poor excuse for an LEO that was riding the Yamaha. I liked those two. Oh wait, “turds” made me laugh too.

I have been visiting both Glamis and Dumont Dunes and riding MX since the 1970’s, I was born in the 1970’s. Although I have slacked off the MX because it got pretty $$$$$ I still compete in sport / expert level mountain biking.

Yes you’re right I was wrong for not having a flag on my motorcycle and you have a right to be upset. It’s not a matter of weather I believe I am above the law or that it doesn’t apply to me.

I personally have been stopped and issued a ticket for not having a flag on two separate occasions in the past both at Dumont and Glamis. I never I.D.’d myself as a law enforcement officer. I just took my ticket and paid my fine. On both occasions the LEO that stopped me was a complete JERK. This brings me to the reason why I chose to work this assignment. I feel that everyone is out there to have a good time, yes even us. What I’ve seen in the past was a couple LEO’s who had no background what so ever in offroading treating people, “such as myself” like criminals just because we like to make a lot of noise and a little dust. I am not talking about any one agency in particular it seemed like it was that way across the board. Glamis was really bad although the crowd was a lot worse there too and maybe the cops there need to be. Dumont is more family oriented and I try to be fair but firm when I need to be. I have had friends and family members who have been issued tickets also and I have to listen to them complain as well. Considering how dangerous this sport is if you make it through a holiday weekend at either Dumont or Glamis and the worst thing that happened was you received a ticket then I’d say you don’t have much to complain about. Just ask the 9 airlifted out or LuggNuttz who will never get to see his cousin again. I will say I personally have never been rude to anyone ever, who was not rude to me first.

The Sheriffs Department OHV team is currently comprised of Regular Deputies as well as Reserve Deputies who volunteer their time. I have been a part of the team for 2-3 yrs now and I can honestly say I have never written an actual citation for any violation I have seen out there. I have written A LOT of warning citations which does not require a court date or fine to be paid. I feel that’s all most people need and they will comply, although I know a lot of my partners feel differently which is why I’m out there, to try to balance them out.

I did not get paid for the 1 hr I was out there taking a break from the 9 airlifted and 1 fatality that we were dealing with not to mention all the stuff I over looked, “There’s a bunch of you who know who and what I’m talking about.” I left my uniform and radio on so that if something did occur I would be able to respond, all be it more quickly on my bike. Have you seen those quads we ride???

Back to the fatality, I hope the family is doing well considering their loss. All the, “So called paid professionals” were tied up on other injuries and the resources for medical aid was pretty well tapped. When my partner arrived on scene he began assisting with CPR. Now if we really took our power too seriously as you all think we would have all civilians back away from the scene. Instead we know there is a lot of off duty firemen, nurses, EMT’s, etc out there who jump in without hesitation to assist and we love those guys/girls for it. We REALLY APPRECIATE your help. I specialize in things such as gangs and narcotics not medical aid, so if you see me standing around with my hands in my pockets it’s because I’m just staying out of their way.

Now I thought that most would appreciate seeing the cops out there having a good time with them rather than impeding on your fun. But if you would rather have me out there working non stop enforcing the laws then the people have spoken and you have made it clear I work for you….Taxes….Most of us feel we are there to manage your fun not control it and to be there when you need us. If you feel that is unprofessional then your voice has been heard and I assure you, you will see a more professional organization in the future.

I know the guys we were racing were enjoying rocking us when their 450’s would smoke past my 250, “It’s all good.” I’ll have a 450 next time guys and yes it will have a flag and I wont by wearing an extra 30 lbs of equipment.

I must say this since everyone was so concerned about me being paid. If I am off duty at 2:00 a.m. (not getting paid), why is it O.K. for people to come knocking at the door of my personal trailer at 4:00-6:00 a.m.????? Should I get paid for that and if so, how much?

As several of you have said we are human and make mistakes. I was curious, how many of you obeyed the 55mph speed limit while pulling your 40’ trailers out there. See what I mean. I’m not going to apologize because I don’t think that’s what you are looking for here. But I will say you will not see that from me or anyone else on my team again. I will be out racing again without uniform look for that KX450 with a flag and I’ll meet you at the bottom of the hill for some good Old fashion racing.

Awesome. :finger::finger: Thank you for all that you do. :beercheers:

Dear mr donutz&dunz thank you for being at the dunes and handling bussines that needs tending to . thank you for racing up comp and enjoying yourself, and showing a human side. thank you for help protecting my kids from a$$hats. your more than welcome to come to my camp and ill make you dinner and shake your hand.thank you for realizing what were out there for and try to influence other leos of the same thing. you need a flag to stop an uproar ill buy you one !!!! i respect the badge and any man that can bring a human side to it!!! Mark James occasionally camps with us with his rock crawler im a freind of Tim Worleys.

now get in your underwear and join the conga liiiiiiine !!!!! :blink:

Edited by barefoot bob

You are correct sir...I appeared to have missed your question......

"No".....just because they weed out the problem children does not make it acceptable for them to treat others like garbage....

I will re-emphasize , however, that you appear to have met the wrong cops....

That being said, there are idiots in every profession and walks of life...law enforcement is NO exception...

I truly believe that the VAST majority of cops do what they do for a passionate purpose....a career choice that is necessary and coincedentally, 1 that not every1 can handle...

We shall agree to disagree.... :laughoff:

:watching:

Why do peeps say its the "glamis type" who cause problems? I find that funny.

were you duning when before they closed comp hill in glamis ???

how bout go on the glamis.com forums

lol i dune glamis to that doesnt make me a glamis type nor are they refering to everyone that dunes glamis. however i know exactly what there refering to as far as glamis types.

were you duning when before they closed comp hill in glamis ???

how bout go on the glamis.com forums

lol i dune glamis to that doesnt make me a glamis type nor are they refering to everyone that dunes glamis. however i know exactly what there refering to as far as glamis types.

Yes I was. I get what there saying but that makes glamis look even worse. Sure glamis hows alot more problems than dumont, but you have to take in consideration how much bigger glamis is and how many more people.

if you think the rangers are bad at dumont you should see the a-holes running pismo. to a man they act like they don't want you there and they don't want to be there . they dobn't seem to realize we are the reason they are employed. the leos at dumont have always seemed pretty cool with the what goes on and what us duners do. no more excuses about only bein on a 250 or extra gear as the reason for getting smoked on the hill though. :driver: