Dumont Dunes TRT meeting

for all you smokers, if I offended you, or you thought I was directing my comment toward you, I wasn't. It was aimed at the ones (you know who you are) who have no shame flicking your butts out your car window into the street, and treat public/private property as your personal ashtray.

I know it isnt all the smokers, but the next time you are walking down the street, take a look in the gutter. freekin disgusting

it's an unhealthy habit anyway, instead of defending it, quit it. you can save yourself some cash too! :laughoff:

Teacher,Preacher and Financial Advisor all in one.

:laughoff:

Edited by desertskyz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was there :laughoff: and i :hug: and i :thumb: and :hello::laughoff: and :laughoff: and :laughoff: and i :dunno: and :idea: and finished with :coocoo: and :laughoff:

and thats the trt meeting in a nutshell for all the in depth details read the page

oh and i am switching to capitol 1

it was productive. they have alot of bueracratic waste so they can trim fat, and we need to pay more no way out. but i tried to convey that they ned to keep it reasonable ( inso far as my ability to relate to a family mans plight in all this) if i was not hinderence i might go to the next one. vicky wadda ya think

should i return ??? :coocoo:

i like it this stuff is starting to get my intrest. i might attend a town council meeting to................ :idiot:

Edited by barefoot bob

vicky wadda ya think should i return ??? :dance:

AB-SO-LUTELY.

You were not a hinderance. This meeting was the first along a learning curve. There are some protocol matters that all of us need to remember, including me... I forgot myself once or twice while getting caught up in the moment but no harm, no foul and I'll do better next time.

The important thing to remember here is what a difference you all made in being there. Hanging around after the meeting and via emails since the meeting, I have been told by virtually all of the TRT members and Barstow BLM staff that having the members of the duning community there was a privilege and deeply appreciated. Let me see if I can find one of the emails for a quote...

Thank you for participating in yesterday's TRT meeting. In my opinion, you and your fellow dune riders made the difference by coming up with the solution of the day.

That's just a sampling... there have been many other supportive comments made.

We have a chance to make a real difference in Dumont's future and we're developing a strong partnership with the people who can help us make that difference.

And that is allllllll good. :drinkbeer:

Vicki

Bob, The TRT is made up of a cross section of people but nothing takes the place of the people that are directly impacted by it's actions. The dune users imput helps the members that do not use Dumont the way we do to see things from our point of view. :dance: :drinkbeer: B)

Edited by Sandemon

Hey guys and gals, I have been busy. I thought the TRT meeting was great, I had reservations about going, but when Sandemon had his rant it got me off my soap box and made me think that if I want to complain I better take the time to go where it will be heard and maybe changed. I wasn't sure if they would listen, but they definitely listened. I believe the more people who go to these meetings the more it shows them that we all care how are area is managed. I will definitely be there for the next one and will have seats available.

To Sincity Blondie what I said in that post was not pointed at any one person . It was meant to get people who could go to go. It wasn't meant to hurt or make anybody feel bad . So if i offended you that was not my intention. This site and members are by far the best site for trying to help Dumont.