sat at comp

barefoot bob

post-3-1172184494.jpg

There ya go Gerald. Thats usually the way I go throughout a weekend at Dumont around comp. :drinkbeer: :eatdrink021: :drinkbeer:

:laughing:

It's kinda of an unwritten rule, but you usually go up the right side of comp and down on the left and on banshee hill you run the middle and turn to your right or left..It's just the way the traffic moves and common sense basically so you dont get hit..

With all the power those rails make they shoule be a little more careful, all the ones i have came into contact with were pretty safe drivers. They do cut it close but were not in the safest sport there is, if your scared go to church..lol

With all of these unwritten rules...what keeps a new guy straight?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laughing:

With all of these unwritten rules...what keeps a new guy straight?

hopefully common sense! :drinkbeer: Watch everyone on the hill and don't be an idiot. That was what I learned my 1st time out. I always rode up on the right and turned off to the left to come down....JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WAS DOING. :eatdrink021:

I just read Sam's post and it's almost the same as I wrote! :drinkbeer:

last year a rail did just that and hit a geo tracker the guy in the rail went to jail . what for i dont know. we all need to be careful just because you spend all that $$$ on your toy you dont own dumont .

I remember that accident.

Dumont_Nov_05_(3).JPG

First of all 80% of the stuff said is bull sh*t I saw the entire thing and I was the first person at the top of the hill after it happend obviously everyone will have there own opinion on whos fault it was but when facing the hill everyone racing up the hill goes up the hill and to the left the two people in the rino were comming down the hill and to the right and he was racing another car up the hill which was on his left so when he came up over the roller he went just to the right of the quads to avoid them and then clipped the rhino that was going down the wrong side of the hill on his right, and about the thing of him "getting shut down like a b*tch" when he mentioned himself being a officer is bullshit the rangers told the guy in the rhino to go down to the bottom to exchange info, and he took off, and I was the person walking the front of the car down the hill and trust me there was not a single person that made any sort of comment about him " driving like an idiot"

I am not writing this to say who was right or wrong I am just trying to sraighten out all of the BULL sh*t !!!!

Straighten this out for me, How Does the Rhino get hit on the Right side if he was coming down the hill. :whistle: And the Rhino did go Down the hill like the Rangers ask. To bad it took the rail so long to come Down. Rhinos are a part of our WILDLIFE. we all need to learn to Respect them. :offtopic:

First of all 80% of the stuff said is bull sh*t I saw the entire thing and I was the first person at the top of the hill after it happend obviously everyone will have there own opinion on whos fault it was but when facing the hill everyone racing up the hill goes up the hill and to the left the two people in the rino were comming down the hill and to the right and he was racing another car up the hill which was on his left so when he came up over the roller he went just to the right of the quads to avoid them and then clipped the rhino that was going down the wrong side of the hill on his right, and about the thing of him "getting shut down like a b*tch" when he mentioned himself being a officer is bullshit the rangers told the guy in the rhino to go down to the bottom to exchange info, and he took off, and I was the person walking the front of the car down the hill and trust me there was not a single person that made any sort of comment about him " driving like an idiot"

I am not writing this to say who was right or wrong I am just trying to sraighten out all of the BULL sh*t !!!!

Straighten this out for me, How Does the Rhino get hit on the Right side if he was coming down the hill. :whistle: And the Rhino did go Down the hill like the Rangers ask. To bad it took the rail so long to come Down. Rhinos are a part of our WILDLIFE. we all need to learn to Respect them. :offtopic:

first off genius i watched it he was outa control that little wannabe sand car was going 22 degrees across the face at 3/4 hill he almost hit two quads ! that frame folded because its crap ! going over 40 in that car would be a death sentence so quit acting like everything was bs if he would have come to the top and rotated down like your supposed to there would not have been an acccident that guy screwed up his wheely was not controled and his car folded like tissue. geez the rhino should be ticketed and have to pay for that !!!! not hardly !!! :offtopic: you better get your sh*t together before you post up that horseshit on a forum full of experianced duners and it was watched first hand and being commented on by a fellow LT owner..................................

Edited by barefoot bob

most of the rails racing up the hill go up the right side and then cut to the left (short of all the way to the top) and cut every one off . last year a rail did just that and hit a geo tracker the guy in the rail went to jail . what for i dont know. we all need to be careful just because you spend all that $$$ on your toy you dont own dumont . now if a quad and a rhino are going down the hill at about 3 to 5 mph and a rail is going at 50 mph + and has to swerve to hit the rhino ??????? thats like hitting a rock and saying the rock jumped in front of me :driver: well we all cant have common sense .

Again someone is talking smack about something they know nothing about!!!! :headbang1: The guy in the rail did not go to jail. They did put him in the ranger car, but just to check that he wasn't drinking. He was let go after they found he had nothing to drink. It sounds to me like you don't like rail riders. What the hell is a geo tracker doing going up the dunes anyway? :no_no: :undecided:

:clap: all these years of going to dumont and I have never seen the lane stripes on comp hill :no_no: HMMM? There is a common route people take up and down However there's also COMMON SENSE :dunce: It doesnt matter who's doing what you ALWAYS watch out for everyone no matter who's at fault :undecided: . Just dont drive like an A$$ and there will be no fault :clap: . To many new jacka$$es going out there that dont respect others :driver: . not that all newbies are jacka$$es but they are out there. :fro: :headbang1:

Again someone is talking smack about something they know nothing about!!!! :headbang1: The guy in the rail did not go to jail. They did put him in the ranger car, but just to check that he wasn't drinking. He was let go after they found he had nothing to drink. It sounds to me like you don't like rail riders. What the hell is a geo tracker doing going up the dunes anyway? :driver::undecided:

What happened with that? Did the tracker tumble or is that damage from impact? Did a rail do a wheelie and land on top of it?

I understand what your saying about the tracker, but it can probably do better then most trucks. I have a samurai, but its a dune only vehicle, and can go anywhere you point it, 100lbs heavier then a rhino and double the power.

Straighten this out for me, How Does the Rhino get hit on the Right side if he was coming down the hill. :headbang1: And the Rhino did go Down the hill like the Rangers ask. To bad it took the rail so long to come Down. Rhinos are a part of our WILDLIFE. we all need to learn to Respect them. :undecided:

Instead of left and right just call it drivers side and passengers side so it hit the pass. side of the buggy and the pass. side of the rhino since the buggy was going up and the rhino was going down

first off genius i watched it he was outa control that little wannabe sand car was going 22 degrees across the face at 3/4 hill he almost hit two quads ! that frame folded because its crap ! going over 40 in that car would be a death sentence so quit acting like everything was bs if he would have come to the top and rotated down like your supposed to there would not have been an acccident that guy screwed up his wheely was not controled and his car folded like tissue. geez the rhino should be ticketed and have to pay for that !!!! not hardly !!! :undecided: you better get your sh*t together before you post up that horseshit on a forum full of experianced duners and it was watched first hand and being commented on by a fellow LT owner..................................

OK GENIUS MAYBE YOU CAN FIND SOMEONE THAT CAN READ BETTER THAN YOU PROBABLY WONT BE HARD AND THEY WILL EXPLAIN TO YOU HOW I NEVER WROTE ANYTHING ABOUT HIM BEING IN CONTROL AND THAT I DID WRITE THAT HE WENT JUST TO THE RIGHT OF THE QUADS AND ENDED UP CLIPPING THE RHINO I MADE IT CLEAR THAT I WAS NOT POINTING THE FINGER AT ANYONE JUST TO AVOID PEOPLE MAKING COMMENTS LIKE THE ONES YOU MADE TO ME

Hey everybody,

did you know the driver of the rhino is an x cop, and mixed martial-artist and it seems to me because of that he kept his cool and the rail driver lucked out big time!!!! :driver:

You either are him or know him. Cough it up. Give your version! :undecided::headbang1:

Bottom line peeps, shut up and pay attention. I'm so sick and tired of "It was his fault...it wasn't my fault." Own up and be responsible. There are so many different "toys" at the dunes that are different size, speed and power. So many people dune now. Some are new to the sport some are vets. Just because you have a fast, bitching sand car doesn't mean you make the rules.

When it's busy in the dunes or at the hill USE BETTER JUDGMENT!!!!! Is it smart to wheelie on a hill full of peeps? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Just like it wouldn't be right for me to go skipping across the dunes and cutting through peoples trains because a dirtbike is fast and can do it easier.

Dumont gets very crowded now. Unfortunatly there can't be traffic signs, intersections and stop lights. So we as duners need to PAY ATTENTION and be curtious. It's very easy to run out of talent and some times luck runs out. It's easy to get into trouble out there. We all need to be safe out there. The more bad things that happen out there, the more it hurts our sport. Lets be honest, thank goodness no one was hurt or killed. We all need to get home safe and go to work on Monday. I would be a little pi$$ed if my toy got wrecked......but I would be thankful that I would live to see another day.

:undecided:

Edited by wingnut

What happened with that? Did the tracker tumble or is that damage from impact? Did a rail do a wheelie and land on top of it?

I understand what your saying about the tracker, but it can probably do better then most trucks. I have a samurai, but its a dune only vehicle, and can go anywhere you point it, 100lbs heavier then a rhino and double the power.

Here's the post from when that happened, Jon.

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...post&p=1421

Bottom line peeps, shut up and pay attention. I'm so sick and tired of "It was his fault...it wasn't my fault." Own up and be responsible. There are so many different "toys" at the dunes that are different size, speed and power. So many people dune now. Some are new to the sport some are vets. Just because you have a fast, bitching sand car doesn't mean you make the rules.

When it's busy in the dunes or at the hill USE BETTER JUDGMENT!!!!! Is it smart to wheelie on a hill full of peeps? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Just like it wouldn't be right for me to go skipping across the dunes and cutting through peoples trains because a dirtbike is fast and can do it easier.

Dumont gets very crowded now. Unfortunatly there can't be traffic signs, intersections and stop lights. So we as duners need to PAY ATTENTION and be curtious. It's very easy to run out of talent and some times luck runs out. It's easy to get into trouble out there. We all need to be safe out there. The more bad things that happen out there, the more it hurts our sport. Lets be honest, thank goodness no one was hurt or killed. We all need to get home safe and go to work on Monday. I would be a little pi$$ed if my toy got wrecked......but I would be thankful that I would live to see another day.

:headbang1:

:no_no: I think thats the longest post wingnut ever made! :driver::undecided: Good post though. I agree 110%!!

:undecided:

:D Damn Craig, for the "RA" you came off very articulate and made A LOT of good points! I, too, agree with you "110%". :headbang1:

ok guy's I was not there but I think the guy your talking Is someone I used to work with in cdc and he just got that buggy and Is really new to the sport and from the sound of this he made a very stupid misstake or stupid rookie mistake and he does not know the rules of the dunes that we all call comon f*cking sense. and from what I can remember of him he's just a dork.But maybe he hopefully learned something from this or just get out of the sport or get himself a rhino and step his way up to the big dog's.As for M.B. sandcars I know those guy's ,there out of Bakersfield but if the car has that much damage I'm glad I have and extreme performance ,well I,ve never wrecked it yet!