Your face in Esquire Magazine.... really

NICKSUL

Okay. Morning Dune people.

Heres an unusual post...

Esquire magazine is shooting a photo portfolio for its June issue at Dumont Dunes one weekend in March. We're looking to capture the spirit of the dunes, in action shots, with machines and also the atmosphere in camp. It's also (GET THIS) a men's fashion portfolio so we'd bring clothes (mostly jeans leather, casual stuff) with us. Esquire doesn't shoot models but real American men. So here's the thing. You're the models.

What we're looking for is men aged roughly 20-40 (and roughly 5ft 9 to 6ft, 32-34 waist, 40reg suit size or one size either side). You don't have to consider yourself a great looker either. This is about real life.

We're not set on the best weekend yet but 15-17 March is looking good.

If you think you'd be up for a single shot, which would require about 2 hours max of your time either on the dunes or in camp, let us know by posting here with info, and a photo (without your helmet on please!) along with contact details and which weekends you plan on being there. Alternatively send an email to me at Esquire (nsullivan@hearst.com).

Thanks!

Nick Sullivan

FASHION DIRECTOR

Esquire

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>What we're looking for is men aged roughly 20-40 (and roughly 5ft 9 to 6ft, 32-34 waist, 40reg suit size or one size either side). You don't have to consider yourself a great looker either. This is about real life.<snip>

No fatties allowed? What 'real life' are YOU experiencing? :rolleyes:

No fatties allowed? What 'real life' are YOU experiencing? :rolleyes:

Size for the shoot is largely governed by the clothing samples available to us (they are lent from the manufacturers for the purpose of photoshoots). We usually demand larger sizes (or a broader range of sizes) than most magazines.

We may well shoot more people, but the ones we actually dress will generally be within these size ranges.

Nick

instead of a photo shoot of clowns dressed up in costumes... why dont you take pictures of the hard workign duners trying to keep our sacred dunes open... Since the weekend you picked will be the cleanup weekend!!! :D

Okay. Morning Dune people.

Heres an unusual post...

Esquire magazine is shooting a photo portfolio for its June issue at Dumont Dunes one weekend in March. We're looking to capture the spirit of the dunes, in action shots, with machines and also the atmosphere in camp. It's also (GET THIS) a men's fashion portfolio so we'd bring clothes (mostly jeans leather, casual stuff) with us. Esquire doesn't shoot models but real American men. So here's the thing. You're the models.

What we're looking for is men aged roughly 20-40 (and roughly 5ft 9 to 6ft, 32-34 waist, 40reg suit size or one size either side). You don't have to consider yourself a great looker either. This is about real life.

We're not set on the best weekend yet but 15-17 March is looking good.

If you think you'd be up for a single shot, which would require about 2 hours max of your time either on the dunes or in camp, let us know by posting here with info, and a photo (without your helmet on please!) along with contact details and which weekends you plan on being there. Alternatively send an email to me at Esquire (nsullivan@hearst.com).

Thanks!

Nick Sullivan

FASHION DIRECTOR

Esquire

:rolleyes:

Well I was hoping maybe just maybe someone from DDR would be interested in helping Nick Sullivan out since I can not, but now I guess I should have known better. Sorry Nick. :pissed: Most of the dune riders probably aren't going to fit into the category of person you might be looking for.

Well I was hoping maybe just maybe someone from DDR would be interested in helping Nick Sullivan out since I can not, but now I guess I should have known better. Sorry Nick. :crash: Most of the dune riders probably aren't going to fit into the category of person you might be looking for.

:grin: Well Nick, I’m more of a back stage guy, (stagehand) and I don’t take good pics, :2cents: but I’ll be there for the clean up march 16th thru the 18th . I’m 6’, 175 lbs, 32 w 34 L 40years young! I seem to fit the criteria, and my wife thinks I’m good looking. :pissed: LoL so I'll help you out. we wouldn't want you to think we're all fat a$$es. :DDRrocks:

post-2259-1172114737.jpg

Oh my... just thought of my hubby for this.

5' 9''.. think he is a 31' waist but can stick his stomach out to a 32'' waist. ;)

Suit size is in that range.

Oh no.... now he really is going to get a swelled head. Ha ha.

If we make it out will ask where is the photo shoot??

PETE, PETE, PETE..... Come on dude, you'ed be perfect for this...... :happydrunks: I don't qualify in the waist department either..... :thumb:

I think PETE is the poster boy for real life dumont dune guys! :jester2: :headbang1: :jester2: maybe just maybe you could find the time Pete. just two hours of your time. :DDRrocks: take one for the team Kid! :ban-split: