North Pole Mailbox

ynot

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sux major a$$ in the 4 times we were able to make it out before christmas my kids always wanted to ride out there even my 4 year old with no suspension braved the ride just to put a letter and get pics in front of the box. props to all the ddr crew for passing the word and volunteering to right a major wrong :thumb: and heres to those that caused it :thumb:

Thats an interesting pic, What if we leave EDDIE out there to guard it?

I will gaurd it!-I charge ten bucks-1 uncooked weiner( farmer john's) 1 slice of cheese a day-10 to 12 bud selects per day and i will be out there every weekend! :thumb:

The first time I ever rolled out to dumont I brought only 6 weiners and 4 slices of cheese and 6 bud lights-boy was I a dumont rookie!!! :thumb:

That place kinda looks like Dumont.

yeah, just a lot colder :laughoff:

Eddie; thats realy funny :thumb::thumb:

whoever is maintaining the northpole; if there is a need for a new/stronger "arsehole-proof" pole i will be happy to make one (btw i found out that the pole could be in a concrete footing as long as nobody is complaining about it :blink: ....)

Edited by spooner

Pics... :D

PaulyPaul and Dune freak layin out the stripes

IMGP0773.JPG

IMGP0774.JPG

Adding a lil Special Touch to the new box.. :D

IMGP0775.JPG

Let the Paint Fly ( No more duct tape and plastic box we got Paint and METAL box now.. :D )

94e80510.jpg

Some finishing Touch's

IMGP0781.JPG

Lets reveal the finished box..

IMGP0789.JPG

IMGP0790.JPG

A lil surprise hidden under the paint.

IMGP0792.JPG

IMGP0794.JPG

During my Documentary picture taking spree i forgot to get a closeup of the damn thing actually hanging on the pole.. but you can still see it here.. with my 1/4 ton mobile repair truck/tow truck/Dune Vehicle.. :D

IMGP0802.JPG

:laughing: I would like to send out a special thanks to paulypaul and dune freak for trying to keep my pole in good order. Its a shame that it only takes one moron to ruin a good thing. I have just joined your website, and am also looking forward to meeting the the DDR.I have a friend mike dougherty that writes and article in sand sports magazine that frequently keeps me informed of my poles condition.I personally have put 3 mail boxes on the pole only to find them in ruins. I saw the last one around halloween I think that might have been you guys too. I think that one had red duct tape on it?. the last one you must have put up on sat. after noon of the 21st cause it wasnt there in the morning. I will be constructing a new mail box that will be ( up to the challenge) and will be installing it either on the weekend of the 18th or the 25th depending on scheduling of my fellow duners.Problably the 25th. That weekend were going to have a pole party to repaint and restripe the pole.If you guys would like to meet up that weekend that would be great!. we set the pole on the weekend of halloween of 2003.mike did an article on me in the april issue of sand sports magazine called north of zzyzx where he tells my story and how the pole came about.Once again I really apreciate what you guys have done and look forward to meeting up with you.

thank you T B

:ninja: I would like to send out a special thanks to paulypaul and dune freak for trying to keep my pole in good order. Its a shame that it only takes one moron to ruin a good thing. I have just joined your website, and am also looking forward to meeting the the DDR.I have a friend mike dougherty that writes and article in sand sports magazine that frequently keeps me informed of my poles condition.I personally have put 3 mail boxes on the pole only to find them in ruins. I saw the last one around halloween I think that might have been you guys too. I think that one had red duct tape on it?. the last one you must have put up on sat. after noon of the 21st cause it wasnt there in the morning. I will be constructing a new mail box that will be ( up to the challenge) and will be installing it either on the weekend of the 18th or the 25th depending on scheduling of my fellow duners.Problably the 25th. That weekend were going to have a pole party to repaint and restripe the pole.If you guys would like to meet up that weekend that would be great!. we set the pole on the weekend of halloween of 2003.mike did an article on me in the april issue of sand sports magazine called north of zzyzx where he tells my story and how the pole came about.Once again I really apreciate what you guys have done and look forward to meeting up with you.

thank you T B

So.... you are making a new north pole mailbox? Does that mean you will be taking down the one we made up? :laughing:

I appreciate what you did Mr.FJ40 but (MY OPINION ONLY) we went out of our way to put a new one up... Why go and take it down a month later... I mean the new one is supposed to be bigger and badder but maybe people will actually get a freakin clue that they cant destroy the north pole and people actually care about it. I hate to see our hard work get taken down in only a months time... Again this opinion is expressed soley by me and no other ddr members..