Looking to buy a quad, need suggestions

Handy

I've done a lot of research and here's what I've come up with

1. Suzuki Quadracer 450. - Comes "race ready" and all I need to spend is on a pipe, filter, paddles and a twist kit really.

2. TRX450 - Seems faster, but not out of the box, I'd need to spend more on upgrades which financially wouldn't work right now.

3. YFX 450 - Seems like a good bike but just doesn't appear to be in the same class as the above two...out of reviews, and on my buddy's.

I never was too interested in the Predator or Raptor 700, both appear too bukly and high standing for me. The Quadracer outperformed Honda and Yamaha on every test I've seen...so I'm thinking Suzuki.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey go with the raptor 700r its bad a$$. Throw some skat trak haulers on it and youll smoke 450s all day with pipes cams whatever i have a slip on HMF on mine and a stock intake still and 450s cant hang and my dads 220 pounds beating 450s. On the trails these bike can power over anything just crusing 2nd or 3rd gear perfect for duning or trials

Yep thats what im saying.I can almost say ive beat every 450 ive ran against except 2 one had 525 nos motor and the other one was a turbo motor. So its all rider. And if it aint speaking much for a 700 then how bout this a 700 is 396 pounds a 450 is only 350-368 so you tell me they got me in weight thats all start and who can ride the woops the best.

well i can say youve been beatin by a 06 450 with pipe and cam stock bore and stroke and stock head cuz ive beatin you most of the time up comp at amargosa except when you would do a rollin start and i would be stopped i remember seein you at amargosa two time in a row. ya youre right on rider being most of it you are pretty fast but ive beatin you most of the time but those other two guys on yammi 700,s the one i could never get in front of was pretty quick but i was always right6 with him all the time im not here to bash or anything and also i guess he's ur dad, with that other raptor and he ways like 200 thats a pretty quick raptor

I've done a lot of research and here's what I've come up with

1. Suzuki Quadracer 450. - Comes "race ready" and all I need to spend is on a pipe, filter, paddles and a twist kit really.

2. TRX450 - Seems faster, but not out of the box, I'd need to spend more on upgrades which financially wouldn't work right now.

3. YFX 450 - Seems like a good bike but just doesn't appear to be in the same class as the above two...out of reviews, and on my buddy's.

I never was too interested in the Predator or Raptor 700, both appear too bukly and high standing for me. The Quadracer outperformed Honda and Yamaha on every test I've seen...so I'm thinking Suzuki.

I have actually read a couple shootouts between those 3 bikesa and even the one in dirtrags said that YFZ was the top all around bike. The only place that the Suzuki beat it was on the track. Right out of the box the YFZ out performed it on the dunes and trails and the Suzuki has the lowest HP rating out of the box, I believe the YFZ is 35HP the Honda is 37 and the Suzuki is 33 HP which already put the bike 2 HP down. The Suzuki is also geared for the track which means you will have to regear for the dunes to compete. Also the Suzuki comes shocked better, but you can adjust the YFZ and a real "race ready" quad is not using factory shocks, they have about $1500.00 in after market shocks. The Suzuki is still a great bike, but out of the box I would pick a YFZ personally.

well i can say youve been beatin by a 06 450 with pipe and cam stock bore and stroke and stock head cuz ive beatin you most of the time up comp at amargosa except when you would do a rollin start and i would be stopped i remember seein you at amargosa two time in a row. ya youre right on rider being most of it you are pretty fast but ive beatin you most of the time but those other two guys on yammi 700,s the one i could never get in front of was pretty quick but i was always right6 with him all the time im not here to bash or anything and also i guess he's ur dad, with that other raptor and he ways like 200 thats a pretty quick raptor

O ok i know who you are. Gotchya well i changed my paddles and well see how i run now.Itp=sh*t comparred to my new ones. NO thats not my dad thats my neighbors.The yellow raptor is my dads hahh I ride a yz450f. Your quick bro fur shur but wide arms and shocks dont make you faster.I swear ive heard everyone with shocks say that. Your bikes quick though fur shur im not bashin on you either cuhh hopefully we see eachother again.

Dunno not, my buddy has the LTR and TRX and said out of the box, the TRX won't beat the LTR and YFZ, but it's a lot cheaper to make fast than the others....man, through my whole thought here.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Honda 450, nice bike. We added an HMF exhaust to it and it really moves. My husband just picked up a YFZ 450 Special Edition. It rides really nice, too. It feels lower than the Honda, but that's because of the plastics. Both are great bikes and are worth the money. If you're going to a dealership, do your homework ahead of time. We never pay full price for a new bike. I think we went online and got a price for my Honda that the dealership on Boulder Hwy matched. We went to Parker Yamaha to get my hubby's quad and his last one, too. Well worth the trip!!!

Good luck!!

:thumb:

My wife rides the 07 trx450 honda and loves it. :thumb:

I agree with cmyfirepole about which bikes are the best. It's all what you like. :jester:

By the way what ever you get next year will probably be better with new tech etc... . :blink: