More power for my Z400

Foxysandchick

Come out next weekend and you can ride with us, will show you the ropes. Ive been riding for 29 years and were very patient, Ive taught many to ride both dirt bikes and quads.

I would come out next weekend, but I have 2 problems...I haven't recieved the replacement screw yet, so I can't ride my bike or get it serviced yet and I don't have any transportation to the dunes, since I don't own a truck I depend on my sister and her boyfriend to go riding. :laughoff::D

Thanks for the offer, maybe you can catch me around during the cleanup weekend if you are going and teach me some things. B) I always ride with the same people and none of them have been riding a very long time, so any experience is much appreciated.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll be there next weekend the 10th and if we can meet up i'll see what i can help ya with. :) my old z i'd launch in 2nd gear and at just before the whoops i'd shift to 3rd and pull it hard all the way up. but i also had a little more mods. :D

Thanks for the offer, I can't get out this weekend (just answered another post with the explanation :D ).

Maybe I will be able to pull 3rd when I get some mods, but for sure 2nd is it at the moment :laughoff:.

dirt wheels is good..............unless you own a DS650 :happydrunks:

They have NEVER put 1 positive thing in their rag about the DS. One time (at band camp), they ran a DS against the eraser. like that would EVEN be close, then all they did was diss the DS for being slower than the eraser

what a bunch of :happydrunks: and :happydrunks:

Dirtwheels is pretty good, when they do articles like that and some of the shootouts. I have a link that I believe has a pdf version of the service manual for you bike.

Cool. I got a link from Woody for the service manual, I have looked at it a little bit. Send me the link in a PM and I will check that out also. Thanks

:happydrunks:

well I can help you out with the fuel bowl drain screw but as far as the ride, I cant. I should be in dumont until Sunday than we are headed to Sin City for the big race. As far as the fuel pet c*ck, most bike has the same pet c*ck but with a shut off. Suzuki uses a vacume draw to the carb and does not have a shut off to it. So " normally " you can turn the pet c*ck horizontal and shut all fuel to the carb but with a Zui you cant and thats why you have to drain the fuel in the carb first. But other than that I still wouldnt put my bikes standinng up, but thats just me.

But as far as riding I wish you could go next weekend. We could get you set up and than you could go back to your group and show them whats up. So really try. I cant make it for the clean up even though I wish I could. I hope someone there will take you underneith their wing.

well I can help you out with the fuel bowl drain screw but as far as the ride, I cant. I should be in dumont until Sunday than we are headed to Sin City for the big race. As far as the fuel pet c*ck, most bike has the same pet c*ck but with a shut off. Suzuki uses a vacume draw to the carb and does not have a shut off to it. So " normally " you can turn the pet c*ck horizontal and shut all fuel to the carb but with a Zui you cant and thats why you have to drain the fuel in the carb first. But other than that I still wouldnt put my bikes standinng up, but thats just me.

But as far as riding I wish you could go next weekend. We could get you set up and than you could go back to your group and show them whats up. So really try. I cant make it for the clean up even though I wish I could. I hope someone there will take you underneith their wing.

Oh we drain the carb on the YFZ also when we stand it and it has a fuel shut off :laughoff:, dunno that one isnt mine. The manual gives directions to transport the 400 standing, so thats what we followed. Wsky70 explained to me about the petcock and gave me some tips for both bikes.

As far as why we stand them, well we only have a truck so if we want to ride then we have to stand one or both. Weekend trips require both to be standing, day trips mine stays on all 4. We are working on getting a trailer.

I would go ride every weekend if I could, but I haven't bought myself a truck just yet :clap:. My bike is stored at my sisters place with her boyfriends bike and he is the only one with a truck, so I am dependent on others for now.

I am sure I will get a chance to ride with some people with more experience and more knowledge to share than my group currently has and I will benefit from them greatly. :beercheers:

Thanks for the offer! Hope to see you out there some time, enjoy your weekend.

• 1 month later...

So I thought I would post a little update, since you all have been so very helpful to the new chick :dunno: . I now have a DMC Alien slip on pipe and a 13 tooth front sprocket which were donated by NLVREDNECK, who also did the install and jetting :ban-split: . I also added sandstar front runners on douglas blue labels which I also bought from NLVREDNECK.

As for my riding skills, those have improved and I am learning something new everytime I ride. I can now get my quad to any place in Dumont and Armagosa without much problems :laughing: sometimes I just have to try it 3 or 4 times until I figure it out and no more getting stuck for me. I have to thank Vegas Style for taking me on an awesome ride at Dumont, Wsky70 for all the technical :dope: after every one of my rides, and Nlvredneck for the parts, labor and :laughoff: and also everyone else who has offered me any advice or information.

So the newest project for the quad is getting the shocks re-valved, they have already been softened as much as possible and it is still a rough ride for me. I did some testing out at Amargosa this weekend, to make sure it was not rider error this time. I took a Raptor 350 through the whoops pinned in 6th without getting jerked around or thrown off, then I took a YFZ that had the front end completely redone (can't remember the type of shocks) and got it pinned in 4th before I ran out of whoops, but I didn't have a problem staying on. So then I took mine and got it pinned in 3rd and was almost thrown off and had to let off the throttle :laughing: . Well I can't afford a new front end yet, so I am going to see what is possible with the stock setup for now. Nerf bars are coming soon, then I will be done with everything till my skills match the ability of the bike.

Hopefully :praying: by next season I will have myself a Toyota Tacoma!

hey there fox what's shakin :laughing: works shocks has a spring upgrade kit for the ltz. they do triple rate on the front and double rate on the rear. i'm not totally sure :idiot: but i think it is like $800.00 but if you can hold off and save a little :headbang1: i might be able to get you a hookup on an i-shock front end kit?

hey there fox what's shakin :grin: works shocks has a spring upgrade kit for the ltz. they do triple rate on the front and double rate on the rear. i'm not totally sure :bs: but i think it is like $800.00 but if you can hold off and save a little :finger: i might be able to get you a hookup on an i-shock front end kit?

I have a jar to start saving my pennies so I can have the bike hooked up by next season :laughoff: . I have been browsing the net checking my options and pricing some things, so any help is much appreciated since I don't know really what all of my options are.

8 days till Coral Pink! I am so excited to see how it rides :flipoff: .