Yamaha YFZ450

dreamrr

I know people that have done pipes, cams, high compression piston and some port work and there pretty fast, but the one with the most money is always gunna be faster no matter what.

Oh there are many ways to make your bike fast, and dreamrr has a great bike to work with and hope to see him at the hill kicking butt.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll race you for titles and 1,000$ if your serious. I'll even give you a 3 bike head start and 2 out of 3 runs... :beercheers:

All i got is a 59Hp stock bore YFZ so your 62 Hp bike should whipp me up...

In all seriousness your looking at over 10K for a bike to be the baddest on the hill, or atleast hold the 1st place title for years ..Even to be remotly fast your looking at atleast 3K for motor work and chassis set up..

Come on Sam, that wouldn't be fair..... :D I'll have to call BS also on 62hp with ext mods, he'll understand one day, unless he actually posts back up and wants too. Then congrats on your new bike.....Semper Fi, Woody :freakin_nuts:

Edited by wsky70

Hey Dunfreak are you making fun of my .5 hp. :D well I take everything that I can get when it comes to moving my fat a$$.

Dreamerr......my carb is bored out to a 42 and its pretty cheep if you want the name of the guy who did it let me know. I wasnt knocking your pipe and truthfully I havent heard anything about them, but I do know that most pipes are low to mid and for dragging your going to want a top. Also I hear ya about the need to always be dreaming, oh cant wait to order my LT buggy (two years ohhhhh two moreyears :freakin_nuts: ). Later

Edited by sandcrab74

I'll race you for titles and 1,000$ if your serious. I'll even give you a 3 bike head start and 2 out of 3 runs... :laughoff:

All i got is a 59Hp stock bore YFZ so your 62 Hp bike should whipp me up...

In all seriousness your looking at over 10K for a bike to be the baddest on the hill, or atleast hold the 1st place title for years ..Even to be remotly fast your looking at atleast 3K for motor work and chassis set up..

dude there is no way your bike is only putting out only 59hp and if it is then I'd sugest finding someone else to do your mods.

My bike dinoed out at 57hp after putting on a DMC, edlebrock carb with 5/8in fuel line , full aluminum intake with a K&N, and running a fuel mixture of 2/3 110oc 1/3 100oc, and I run all redline fluids.

after that I put the rev box on, custom made cams, redid the VVT to match the the Toyota celica GT motor, and played with the sprockets on the dino tell my hp topped out.

(If your looking for custom mods look tawrds the celica GT, the motor that is in the 450 is the #1 cylinder on the GT motor)

His bike won the 1 round of the stock bore class at 4 stroke wars!!! Also if I am not mistaken he won the second round also. 57 HP on a bike that just has a carb, intake fuel line and burning fuel that it is not setup to run? His bike was built by KBR if I am not mistaken and they are a big contender where builders are concerned. Who did the dyno on your bike?

He did win the 1st round, and it was built by MMAD, the second round, he didn't make it out, but will be at the next round at Pismo, just last weekend, MMAD took home a few more trophies in different classes. I think yfztech bikes took home a total of 7 trophies over the 2nd round, check out the site, right at the top of the forum page. I'd say he is one of the top builders around and knows the YFZ in and out.....Semper Fi, Woody :drinkbeer:

I think Sam might still be selling his bike, and that is a great price.

Edited by wsky70

He did win the 1st round, and it was built by MMAD, the second round, he didn't make it out, but will be at the next round at Pismo, just last weekend, MMAD took home a few more trophies in different classes. I think yfztech bikes took home a total of 7 trophies over the 2nd round, check out the site, right at the top of the forum page. I'd say he is one of the top builders around and knows the YFZ in and out.....Semper Fi, Woody :drinkbeer:

I think Sam might still be selling his bike, and that is a great price.

MMAD yes sir I do remember that sticker on his bike. either way his bike is fast and I am sure his dyno numbers are accurate which until I saw the 62HP YFZ on the DYNO to prove the numbers, I find it hard to believe that this can be accomplished with external mods. I even talked to my builder and all he did was laugh and say no way.

His bike won the 1 round of the stock bore class at 4 stroke wars!!! Also if I am not mistaken he won the second round also. 57 HP on a bike that just has a carb, intake fuel line and burning fuel that it is not setup to run? His bike was built by KBR if I am not mistaken and they are a big contender where builders are concerned. Who did the dyno on your bike?

Dan over at pwerhouse did my dino

lets race for titles if your so sure that its impossible...

Ill take you up on that say when.I agree,thats total bullcrap.I have a built yfz thats very fast and it sure as hell isnt putting out 62hp.

dude there is no way your bike is only putting out only 59hp and if it is then I'd sugest finding someone else to do your mods.

My bike dinoed out at 57hp after putting on a DMC, edlebrock carb with 5/8in fuel line , full aluminum intake with a K&N, and running a fuel mixture of 2/3 110oc 1/3 100oc, and I run all redline fluids.

after that I put the rev box on, custom made cams, redid the VVT to match the the Toyota celica GT motor, and played with the sprockets on the dino tell my hp topped out.

(If your looking for custom mods look tawrds the celica GT, the motor that is in the 450 is the #1 cylinder on the GT motor)

No offense but that is a very crappy setup,i guarantee your bike isnt putting out nowhere near 60hp.Thats just crazy.Whoever dynoed your bike,his dyno must be reading 20hp high.I have tons of experience with YFZ's and you have to have a high dollar build to make 60+HP on a 450 based quad.Ive dumped a pretty penny into mine along with plenty of testing and it runs very hard but isnt making 60hp,maybe 54-56ish if im lucky.1badyfz has one of the fastest stockbores in the country for example and is making 59hp.Whoever told you your bike dyno'ed 62HP should be slapped. :clap:

quote from dirty dykstra

dude there is no way your bike is only putting out only 59hp and if it is then I'd sugest finding someone else to do your mods

Ya because his bike has only won 2 four stroke wars in its class,and MMAD his builder.The bikes he setup only won king of the hill and damn near every class they entered.But hey whos counting.Must be the 5/8 fuel line :clap:

Now if you REALLY want your bike to run hard.Start with a good intake.I would suggest one of the following...An FCI,Ron Woods,or Ported ESR...Pipes i would suggest...Sparks Big Core,ESR Pro,Ron Woods,Nmotion....Cam Mod....or if you are running aftermarket cams Web +5's are an awesome drop in cam setup....Carbs....Bore your stocker with Sredrum off YFZtech anywhere from a 40mm all the way to a 43.5mm.......40 for a stock head or 43mm for a ported head....Porting on a budget contact KBR off YFZTECH or more $$$ call KENZ or MMAD on TECH......High compression piston if you dont mind running race gas 14-1 Black Widow from KBR is very nice or Nils with Velocity Racing makes a 14 or 15-1 compression....Then when you are done blowing the kids college fund on your motor you will need some tires.The best all around drag,duning tire is the STU Padla Brats Comp Cut on 8x7 wheels...Or you can go with some 21x12x8 6-7 cup ultra light haulers....You will also be needing some lighter front tires too....Call Joe at Fullerton Sandsports....In a nutshell $300 isnt going to get you far....Being fast is expensive....A gret bolt on bike proven time and time again consists of this.....ESR Pro Series pipe,ESR ported intake,Cam Mod,40mm bored stock carb,6 cup Padla Brats Comp Cut,and a can of U4....Many have run this with incredible results for a bolt on bike...Good Luck

Edited by Sand_YFZ

hey guys go put the edlebrock carb on your bike and re dino tune it then get back to me. you'll pick up a few more. the 5/8 fuel line is because the bike drinks the fuel faster then the reg. fuel line can fill the float...

I thought you wanted to race for titles?Ill keep my DASA carb.The only thing im wondering is how your 62HP build does on the hill.Everyone on here knows im at the hill a ton,and ive never seen your bike.With 62 ponies it would stand out quite a bit.

hey guys go put the edlebrock carb on your bike and re dino tune it then get back to me. you'll pick up a few more. the 5/8 fuel line is because the bike drinks the fuel faster then the reg. fuel line can fill the float...

Dude no offense, I am sure you are a good guy in person, but there is no way your bike is putting out 62 HP with what you say you have done. If you truly feel that you bike is that fast then take Sam or Arron up on their offers. If you can take their titles then you will have a killer bike and your bike. I don't want any ill will, but I would like to see your bike on another Dyno.

I think you are wrong , it could'nt have been 62 . more like 52 !! I have yet to get one in the 60 hp range

maybe your run was in 3rd gear :mc_smiley:

lol now that is funny when the guy he said dyno'd his bike does not agree with the dyno numbers. I don't even think he is at 52 HP with what he said he has done.

Approx 8 HP for a pipe jet and filter (give or take a couple HP) and a new carb and intake what a 3 or 4 more?

35 + 8 + 4 = I think 47 at best!

Here's a setup that will be one of the fastest on the Hill. It cost ya but you can do it in steps

Start with:

Ron Woods - Pipe & Intake

13tooth front sprocket & 22" skat traks

Reject carb using the YZ Needle

These 3 will get you better than most of the 450's

Then do:

450 wr kit crank/piston/cylinder out of the WR motorcycle (Magnolia motorsports)

Port & Polish the head (Dee @ Rage Atv)

-6 flywheel from trail tech

GYTR CDI

Web Cams (Dee will do custom grinding if you have the cash)

Only problem here is this is about $2k in parts w/o labor. Buy the 450 book and do the install labor yourself

Here's a setup that will be one of the fastest on the Hill. It cost ya but you can do it in steps

Start with:

Ron Woods - Pipe & Intake

13tooth front sprocket & 22" skat traks

Reject carb using the YZ Needle

These 3 will get you better than most of the 450's

Then do:

450 wr kit crank/piston/cylinder out of the WR motorcycle (Magnolia motorsports)

Port & Polish the head (Dee @ Rage Atv)

-6 flywheel from trail tech

GYTR CDI

Web Cams (Dee will do custom grinding if you have the cash)

Only problem here is this is about $2k in parts w/o labor. Buy the 450 book and do the install labor yourself

Question I was told that a light weight fly wheel is not good for duning, I heard that it makes the bike more prone to stalling because of lack of rotating weight?

Question I was told that a light weight fly wheel is not good for duning, I heard that it makes the bike more prone to stalling because of lack of rotating weight?

The theory on that makes sense, but I haven't noticed a difference. I also did all the mods at once so i don't really know what affect just the flywheel change would do.