My dumont weekend.

It was nice out there, 80 degrees or so, perfect night etc.... Light breeze just enough to make it smooth overnight.

The sammy (suzuki samurai) is a rhino killer. It climbed comp 3-4 times today with 2 225 lb guys, it towed a duramax/allison with a hualer out (about 28 ft or so) , it towed a ranger and quad trailer and qaud out, it towed a nissan with a small trailer out, and some body else that I cant remeber.

It climbs right into the big bowl and right out. It goes pretty much anywhere you want to. My rail lost the air filter on the best ride I ve ever had in any rail. So after that we tried to fix/repair but it just wasnt having it, but it was a great ride. Next season is gonna be great. The rail will hopefully have all the bugs worked out, and the sammy is great. The two girls, my daugther and a friends and best friends) rode around camp about 1200 laps, and made a club ouse in the back of the truck. No accidents, no injuries, just energy tappng fun.

I have no idea why rhino are so popular, when there is a better less costly alternative.

The sammy (suzuki samurai) is a rhino killer. It climbed comp 3-4 times today with 2 225 lb guys, it towed a duramax/allison with a hualer out (about 28 ft or so) , it towed a ranger and quad trailer and qaud out, it towed a nissan with a small trailer out, and some body else that I cant remeber.

It climbs right into the big bowl and right out. It goes pretty much anywhere you want to. My rail lost the air filter on the best ride I ve ever had in any rail. So after that we tried to fix/repair but it just wasnt having it, but it was a great ride. Next season is gonna be great. The rail will hopefully have all the bugs worked out, and the sammy is great.

The sammy looks awesome!! Now I have to build one, what trend have you started!!!

The two girls, my daugther and a friends and best friends) rode around camp about 1200 laps, and made a club ouse in the back of the truck. No accidents, no injuries, just energy tappng fun.

I have no idea why rhino are so popular, when there is a better less costly alternative.

My girl's statement as we got home "will my dune buddies be there next time we go?" Thanks for hanging out John.

The sammy looks awesome!! Now I have to build one, what trend have you started!!!

My girl's statement as we got home "will my dune buddies be there next time we go?" Thanks for hanging out John.

Thanks for having us Kamal. Both Jordans were passed out by the time we hit pavement, then the first thing they said when they woke up, was, what about Alia? All three had a great time I think. Tyler said he s gonna get one of those 90's for his Jordan, (and sell her eton 2 stroke90)

I was always alittle worried that one of them was gnna make a mistake and crash, but they did real good. Few!.....

hmmmmmm, now back to work. If only I could take another 40 lbs off the sammy.....hmmm (with sawall in hand)

Thanks for having us Kamal. Both Jordans were passed out by the time we hit pavement, then the first thing they said when they woke up, was, what about Alia? All three had a great time I think. Tyler said he s gonna get one of those 90's for his Jordan, (and sell her eton 2 stroke90)

I was always alittle worried that one of them was gnna make a mistake and crash, but they did real good. Few!.....

hmmmmmm, now back to work. If only I could take another 40 lbs off the sammy.....hmmm (with sawall in hand)

Anytime!! Let me know next time and I'll bring the 50 with me.

Tube frame the rest of the sammy and you can get lighten up the front quite a bit!!

Have you dug into the rail yet?

didnt sell it, it was more of a brotherly love kinda thing... I got it from zukifreak, and sent it back to zukifreak.. he wanted to buy a rhino.. told him eff that you can have the sammy back :D Costs less to build and is more capable.. :D

I believe he racked up about 15k into that sammy.. 3 diff suspension designs later he came up with one he liked... :D it also has a 1.6ltr FI out of a 97 side kick in it so its not the puny 1.3 carb'd motor.

post-634-1173830779.jpgpictures...... this one still has the stock puny 1.3 carbed motor, but if I get a chance to do the 1.6 16 swap , yes it will happen.

aslo are some other oictures since I was outside with the camera.

post-634-1173830722.jpg

post-634-1173830674.jpg

post-634-1173830629.jpg

post-634-1173830828.jpg

Not exactly the order I was thinking but....the rail I just picked up, the thursday before pres day. The wheel picture, if you look close , you can tell it was cut apart, those wheel came with the sammy, but I cut the centers out, flipped the rim to gain a bunch of positive offset, the welded up the to original valve stem hole then redrilled a new one on the correct side. Man that was hard.

The sammy is a 1.3 5 speed . It climbs well. This one is very low cost....around 2k total, thats with the tires, prp seats , belts from some generous board members, and the steel for the cage. The cage is not done, but its getting close. Its welded right to the frame. I m gonna do a trunk rack to hold a ice chest and supplies etc...up kind high, so it doesnt drag a dune when coming off a hill.

I was after the offset. I actually tried to buy some steel wheels from petro works that give a big offset but they were unavailable. They sell them for about 50 a wheel. Mine ended up being even more then there special wheel. I have about 6 inches out and 1 to the inside. Its pretty wide, and I even turned around on comp hill to go back up. It side hills pretty stabile.