FoDD Cleanup Weekend Observations

EY3BA11

Wife and I got 10 bags turned in plus a burned out easy chair, not bad for 2 old people in that heat. Had a tire blow out on the way out on the camper and one blew on the way back to make it interesting.

What amazed me was that we could go down a wash behind 4 people cleaning and pick up trash behind them, it just depends on what direction you are running so you can see trash that others didn't see from their angle. I also have to say that Budd Light won hands down on being the most popular empty cans at Dumont!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My observations;

Camping at # 6 is a lot different than camping out in the sticks near #9

It's easy to get Stevo to leave if you want to by just asking him to turn off his truck stereo.

Pete's new car dunes really well and yes short cuts around slow people are necessary

South pole in the late afternoon is a better gathering point than the North pole because of one word---SHADE!

My car went the whole weekend and went into the trailer on it's own----PRICELESS

Bryan,Vicki,Mike,Karl,John &Kathy are fun to camp with and are not really Glamis snobs.

I want Jon Crowley's job!

Getting up and working the clean up takes more energy every year or less beer the night before!

How exactly do you break a tranny going down hill?

It was Frickin HOT!

I had a great time and thanks to everybody. :chev_bowtie:

My observations...

1. It was HOT! Thank God for Dual A/C's and a tv to watch!

2. Pete's rail looks even better in person.

3. On the way out we almost lost a wheel on the flatbed. Bearing had dissapeared! Had to leave the jeep and 2 quads back home.

4. My buggy ran great! New ring and pinion doing well!

5. My lil bro-in-law can slice a tire in the dunes. He managed to pop the front sand tire on my wifes quad.

6. DDR rocked the cleanup!

7. I won a $50 Bass pro shop certificate. Thanks to whoever it was that had to leave and gave me all his tickets.

8. I am tired today!

As always I still would rather be hot as hell in the dunes than at home doing nothing! It was a great trip. See ya next time.

Sorry... didn't make it, but thanks a lot for cleaning it up for everyone!!! :ban-split: We went to Parker, AZ instead to pick up my hubby's new quad.

:chev_bowtie: :mc_smiley:

My weekend observations:

Having a trailer with paddles helps with picking up trash in the sand :blink:

post-2396-1174329241.jpg

dinicolady, sincityblondie, and sandqueen are very nice in letting me help out with the tshirts. Thank You! :boxer:

Sandbob1973 thinks sincityblondie is the coolest person ever :ban-split:

I'm sure that Ynot's rail has a puddle of drool on it :wub:

duniemonkie is way cool :mc_smiley: Desert Monkey's Rule!! :chev_bowtie:

Our camp is way to quiet :yawn::rockon:

Too many mudslides make it impossible to drive to comp :blury::drunk:

Having Sirius comedy channels in camp make for some good laughs :rockwoot:

Meeting some of the good people of :laughoff:

We camped by #8...I had my DJ speakers blaring all night...we put on a laser/rave show for the locals...LOL.

We did our cleaning up, up around #8, #9 and #10. Me and my buddies took our trucks around and picked up all the larger items...chairs, etc.

We prolly filled my truck 3/4 or so...it was surpringly very clean.

I saw OGP's rhino around but never quite made it over to introduce myself to anyone.

:rockwoot::rockon::blury:

That was an amazing thing... I'm still awed by the generosity and my face still turns red when I think of it. Really floored me. :wub:

Vicki

Vicki..........don't be floored, just go and enjoy the trip you deserve it!!! :boxer: Just like I said, let me know how it went for you when you get back. A BIG personal "Thank You" for what you and your crew does to allow my wife, my daughter and I to enjoy Dumont........so look at it as a token of my appreciation for all the hard work you put in behind the scenes. It was my pleasure!!!!!

YOU ROCK........... :blink: :chev_bowtie: :mc_smiley: :ban-split::laughoff::drunk::yawn::wub::clap:

1) lots of great people at the Dunes

2) sometimes when a sand rail and quad meet, the quad wins (Reese has an angel on his shoulders)

3) it was friggn HOTT

4) even though its hot, you can still get in some good rides (thanks sandseeker Brice) :chev_bowtie: :ban-split:

5) GREAT WEEKEND ALL IN ALL

:mc_smiley:

had a great weekend, little hot but still great to be there...great meeting some more DDR peeps and seeing all my other DDR peeps. glad to be part of all the cleanup...which ROCKED. thanks for the ride in your car DMAN :mc_smiley: it was a blast. thanks again Don :D your the best :ban-split: :chev_bowtie:

* D-Man is 35.5 inches tall

* Pack it in then throw it on the ground

* "YOUR FUCGIN DOGS ARE DONE BRO" (RacinGaysen) :rockon:

* Fear and Loathing is still one of the funniest movie the 300th time watching it. (fk SEATS)

* watching jackass hungover will make you dry heave.

* white duct tape can repair a side wall of a tire as well as siding on a hauler

* OGP was not to happy with himself this weekend

* Cole pissed on my truck, i has no idea :laughoff:

* I like to listen to music (LOUD) :dance:

* Jims car broke again..

* Jims Ear still doesnt work. :laughoff:

* ISBB must of had his eye reconstructed (no wounded eye ball this weekend)

* From the road to the pay station the exact distance is (2 BEERS) :thumb:

* The Simpson's had a family member out at Dumont this weekend.

had a great time like always, Thanks to Pete and Anna for letting me crash once again.....

Edited by steveo

* D-Man is 35.5 inches tall

* Pack it in then throw it on the ground

* "YOUR FUCGIN DOGS ARE DONE BRO" (RacinGaysen):

* Fear and Loathing is still one of the funniest movie the 300th time watching it. (fk SEATS)

* watching jackass hungover will make you dry heave.

* white duct tape can repair a side wall of a tire as well as siding on a hauler

* OGP was not to happy with himself this weekend

* Cole pissed on my truck, i has no idea :laughoff:

* I like to listen to music (LOUD) :dance:

* Jims car broke again..

* Jims Ear still doesnt work. :laughoff:

* ISBB must of had his eye reconstructed (no wounded eye ball this weekend)

* From the road to the pay station the exact distance is (2 BEERS) :thumb:

* The Simpson's had a family member out at Dumont this weekend.

had a great time like always, Thanks to Pete and Anna for letting me crash once again.....

:rockon::laughoff:

That was so damn funny!!!

Edited by sanddunesaddict

Ok taking back my monster....here I go!!!!

1. El Presidente is over towing mach 2.

2. I have issues figuring out where to position my hauler.

3.Cole is out of control with sayings and makes me look like I have none...I.E......coo, coo, coo. Eat a fat baby's d**k, turd in a punch bowl.

4. those sayings never got old.

5.It's good not being the only A-hole that hates people.

6.Monkie doesn't like pants.

7.big blue Dodge was the official rescue vehicle of cleanup 07.

8.little blue rail is bad azz even though it has no oil pressure.

9. When riding a two wheeler please, please do not wear shorts that allow your junk to hang out!! :thumb:

10.OGP had mixed emotions all weekend.

10a. It was sad to c the pimp mobile drive away.

11.xbox

12. my dog shows box.

13.Bert's welder saves the day.

14. Nick showed up!!!Good times bro!!!

15.Tiff wants to feed everyone!!!! Maybe that explains my fatness.

16.Stale sayings are still funny!!!

17. The misfits camp rocked!!!

18.What the hell happened to me Friday night? I don't remember much but I guess I had good times!

19. we only burned 8 gallons of gas in 5 days but we went through 160lbs of ice, countless beers and bottles of booze.

20.it's funny seeing someone get denied to use the Taj's bathroom at 1:30 a.m.

21.two hot chicks, one small quad...NICE!!!!!!!

22.Awesome two have tres hermonos in one camp again!!!

23.Ken's quad is lucky.....and can make u giggle like a school girl!

24. HOT!!!!!

25. Last but not least thanks to Cole and Julie!!! They were the best, most generous guests ever!!!!

26.There's a TRASH

P.S last weekend of the month can't get here fast enough!!!!

:dance:

Edited by wingnut

:laughoff::thumb::clap:

Vicki..........don't be floored, just go and enjoy the trip you deserve it!!! :thumb: Just like I said, let me know how it went for you when you get back. A BIG personal "Thank You" for what you and your crew does to allow my wife, my daughter and I to enjoy Dumont........so look at it as a token of my appreciation for all the hard work you put in behind the scenes. It was my pleasure!!!!!

YOU ROCK........... :dance: :thumb::laughoff: :dance: :rockon::thumb::clap::clap::clap:

I'm curious as to what you gave her now, Mike. :laughoff:

Had the pleasure camping with Dinicolady, Dinicolada, PinzEOD, Bob,Jay,Rick and family, this weekend. Hot for sure but had a great time. New to the forum but not the Dunes. Clean up was a great success, amazing how much stuff was collected. It was a great time , better than being in Vegas anytime.

I never really gave much of a report from the cleanup other than the usual "observations" so here's how my trip went.

I had a blast. Gettin there early as hell (Wed night) made for a nice lil vacation. I'm glad wingnut and Ragdoll were able to come out early. They definitley kept the laughs going. :rockon::thumb::laughoff:

The cleanup was a great turnout. It was really nice in the morning, but got pretty warm after 12 ish. Terry did a great job. I'm sure it was quite a challenge to keep things moving with all those prizes to get rid of. I had a good time watching the festivities and got to meet alot of peeps from the site. It was hard keeping track of who was who though. There were ALOT of DDR peeps around in the crowd. :clap::thumb:

The sand was really smooth this last weekend! I got some serious seat time in the new car. It does way better than my last rail! :laughoff: Thanks to Randog for coming Sunday AM and forcing my a$$ to go on a ride. It was hard to get moving, but the ride was well worth it with his crew. After that I was dead tired though. Sorry to sandseeker for not having it in me for one more ride that day. I was done. :dance:

I duned a whole bunch but after I thought about it- I found out I never once went up comp or to the north pole. :clap::clap::thumb:

I had a great time camping with the Glamis peeps that I rarley get to see...Crowdog, SailAway, Bryan, Karl, Sandemon, Mike330R... You are all very nice peeps and chillen around the fire Friday night was nice.

Crowdog it was great to finally meet you in person. :dance:

The south pole meet/ greet was good times. I'm glad it was when it was because like ynot mentioned, the SHADE was nice! B)

Good times everyone and good to see you all throughout the wekend. :laughoff::thumb:

I'm already looking forward to next year's cleanup! :D

Ok taking back my monster....here I go!!!!

1. El Presidente is over towing mach 2.

2. I have issues figuring out where to position my hauler.

3.Cole is out of control with sayings and makes me look like I have none...I.E......coo, coo, coo. Eat a fat baby's d**k, turd in a punch bowl.

4. those sayings never got old.

5.It's good not being the only A-hole that hates people.

6.Monkie doesn't like pants.

7.big blue Dodge was the official rescue vehicle of cleanup 07.

8.little blue rail is bad azz even though it has no oil pressure.

9. When riding a two wheeler please, please do not wear shorts that allow your junk to hang out!! :thumb:

10.OGP had mixed emotions all weekend.

10a. It was sad to c the pimp mobile drive away.

11.xbox

12. my dog shows box.

13.Bert's welder saves the day.

14. Nick showed up!!!Good times bro!!!

15.Tiff wants to feed everyone!!!! Maybe that explains my fatness.

16.Stale sayings are still funny!!!

17. The misfits camp rocked!!!

18.What the hell happened to me Friday night? I don't remember much but I guess I had good times!

19. we only burned 8 gallons of gas in 5 days but we went through 160lbs of ice, countless beers and bottles of booze.

20.it's funny seeing someone get denied to use the Taj's bathroom at 1:30 a.m.

21.two hot chicks, won small quad...NICE!!!!!!!

22.Awesome two have tres hermonos in one camp again!!!

23.Ken's quad is lucky.....and can make u giggle like a school girl!

24. HOT!!!!!

25. Last but not least thanks to Cole and Julie!!! They were the best, most generous gests ever!!!!

P.S last weekend of the month can't get here fast enough!!!!

:dance:

dammit :laughoff::laughoff::rockon: good times dude! :laughoff:

1. Great weekend, I got to meet dinicolady, sincityblondie signing me up for the cleanup.

2. Guess I wasn't paying attention and missed the meet-n-greet/photo-op at the south pole :thumb: Maybe next year.\

3. Also forgot about the DDR t-shirts :laughoff:

4. VW Jetta's from Utah can sure fly down the dirt road :dance:

Edited by vegasandy

Awesome weekend. :laughoff:

Our camp get's a 'D-' for structure. I'd like to say 'we're learning' but I can't. :rockon:

Grimace can drive the chit out of his VW car. That a boy! :clap: Rollin' with the LTs.

Don't breath while eating cherry's that soaked in Everclear for three months. :idea:

ISBB was there. :clap: Good to see ya man, now get back to work! :thumb: JK, Hope you can make it more often.

Yep, Pete was duning before 10am. Really! :thumb:

His car dunes great and I think the color matches his Mutha Bitchezzzz Pants >>> :dance:

Lookin' forward to more runs with the Prez and his new machine. :clap::clap:

Ragdoll has no fear, PERIOD! :thumb: Nice airtime BTW :laughoff:

Sorry bout the sand shower from the wheelie Bud. :dance:

Can't scare Tiff either. :dunno: This was her the whole time >> :laughoff:

Kayla can ride. :thumb: You go girl! :thumb: Good to meet you and Mike (your dad).

Please tell him I owe him a ride and haven't forgot.

I looked for him Sunday morning But he left for home.

Ah ha! Much more room on the hill to play this trip. (Less chit in the chonies) that's a good thing. :dance:

Davey needs to go see Roger Waters with us. It's comming soon Bud. You in? :dunno:

Still need to chill with Gerold and crank the A$$rock :clap: Cuz it rules.

Woody and I are going to CRASH a Hendertucky party one of these days. BEWARE :ninja::ninja:

Good to see everyone again. Had a blast like always. Wish we were all still there.

:thumb:

R-

My observations...

1. fun weekend

2. ride in the morning and at sun set

3.was it just us or was every thing over heating

4. when its 111 out side the ac is nice :thumb:

5.i worked on my farmers tan

6. its bad to lose the sun block :laughoff:

7. 934 cv's shouldn't break

8. that was the worst cv i have changed

9. it sucks to throw your favorite shirt in the fire

10. it was a fun last trip (till next season) :dance:

Edited by tanner54

I never really gave much of a report from the cleanup other than the usual "observations" so here's how my trip went.

I had a blast. Gettin there early as hell (Wed night) made for a nice lil vacation. I'm glad wingnut and Ragdoll were able to come out early. They definitley kept the laughs going. :rockon::thumb::laughoff:

The cleanup was a great turnout. It was really nice in the morning, but got pretty warm after 12 ish. Terry did a great job. I'm sure it was quite a challenge to keep things moving with all those prizes to get rid of. I had a good time watching the festivities and got to meet alot of peeps from teh site. It was hard keeping track of who was who though. There were ALOT of DDR peeps around in the crowd. :clap::thumb:

The sand was really smooth this last weekend! I got some serious seat time in the new car. It does way better than my last rail! :laughoff: Thanks to Randog for coming Sunday AM and forcing my a$$ to go on a ride. It was hard to get moving, but the ride was well worth it with his crew. After that I was dead tired though. Sorry to sandseeker for not having it in me for one more ride that day. I was done. :dance:

I duned a whole bunch but after I thought about it- I found out I never once went up comp or to the north pole. :clap::clap::thumb:

I had a great time camping with the Glamis peeps that I rarley get to see...Crowdog, SailAway, Bryan, Karl, Sandemon, Mike330R... You are all very nice peeps and chillen around the fire Friday night was nice.

Crowdog it was great to finally meet you in person. :dance:

The south pole meet/ greet was good times. I'm glad it was when it was because like ynot mentioned, the SHADE was nice! B)

Good times everyone and good to see you all throughout the wekend. :laughoff::thumb:

I'm already looking forward to next year's cleanup! :D

We went to the North Pole...you dont remember.We got there saw there was no trash and hauled a$$ across the back flats.

We went to the North Pole...you dont remember.We got there saw there was no trash and hauled a$$ across the back flats.

oh yeah thats right. I guess I didn't remember it because we didn't actually stop and hang out like we usually do. :thumb: