Coral Pink

Kitcat

We're looking at going to Coral Pink in April. How long does it take to get from Las Vegas? And, is the south route through Colorado City and Kanab the best route? I am sure it is, but hubby thinks it might be better to go through Cedar City! :banghead: And, what do you think of the riding out there??? I love that area! We've been to Zion a bunch of times and gone hiking! :banghead:

We're looking at going to Coral Pink in April. How long does it take to get from Las Vegas? And, is the south route through Colorado City and Kanab the best route? I am sure it is, but hubby thinks it might be better to go through Cedar City! :banghead: And, what do you think of the riding out there??? I love that area! We've been to Zion a bunch of times and gone hiking! :banghead:

Go through kanab take the hurricane exit.best way for us.When in April are you going?We will be there April 5th to the 8th with 2 other groups.We enjoy riding out there.There is also some cool little trail rides besides the Dunes. :D

15 to the 9 from las vegas right?

15 is right but as for the 9 not sure if that is it, but is say's hurricane exit,you get off there and take a right follow the road for about 20 min you will go through a town and than at the end of the town you go right,you can only do right or left and than you follow up the mountain and than you are on a straight away for a longggg.time. You get to see all the pretty girls with there dresses and jeans on and hair in buns.Now that is Chris's favorite part. :blink: I think they have a few husbands standing watch by them.Than you go through another small town where you take a left at the traffic light where there is a old gas station that got turned into a potery place, can't miss it. than drive for a while you will go through Kanab, stay on the road,and :laughing: you will see the sighn for Coral pink.Sorry if these were crappy directions but they work for us :laughing:

15 is right but as for the 9 not sure if that is it, but is say's hurricane exit,you get off there and take a right follow the road for about 20 min you will go through a town and than at the end of the town you go right,you can only do right or left and than you follow up the mountain and than you are on a straight away for a longggg.time. You get to see all the pretty girls with there dresses and jeans on and hair in buns.Now that is Chris's favorite part. :blink: I think they have a few husbands standing watch by them.Than you go through another small town where you take a left at the traffic light where there is a old gas station that got turned into a potery place, can't miss it. than drive for a while you will go through Kanab, stay on the road,and :laughing: you will see the sighn for Coral pink.Sorry if these were crappy directions but they work for us :laughing:

The only way I have been is from Duck Creek so any help is good.

North on 15 past St George to the Hurricane Exit which is also 9 or W State Street, Go South out of Hurricane on 59 through Colorado City (59 will change to 389 in Arizona) to Fredonia, the road will T in Fredonia turn left on Alt. 89 to Kanab (Alt. 89 will change to 11 in Utah until you hit Kanab), stay on the main drag through Kanab, You travel north on 89 out of Kanab about 10 - 12 miles to Hancock Road (Coral Pink Sign) and take the left, follow Hancock until it ends in a T and take a left on Sand Dunes Rd for couple miles and the campground (meadow) is on the leftside of the road. Approximately 3 - 4 hrs from Vegas

Couple Notes: Pull up Colorado City, AZ on Mapquest and you can see this whole route. If you ask for directions on Mapquest it take you through Zion. The Coral Pink Sign / Hancock Rd out of Kanab is a pain to see at night, if you miss it (speaking from experience) Sand Dunes Rd also runs into 89 a little farther up. If you don't mind a little bit of gravel you can take a left just out of Colorado City on the road to the Cane Beds, it will save a bunch of time and turns into Sand Dunes Road.

North on 15 past St George to the Hurricane Exit which is also 9 or W State Street, Go South out of Hurricane on 59 through Colorado City (59 will change to 389 in Arizona) to Fredonia, the road will T in Fredonia turn left on Alt. 89 to Kanab (Alt. 89 will change to 11 in Utah until you hit Kanab), stay on the main drag through Kanab, You travel north on 89 out of Kanab about 10 - 12 miles to Hancock Road (Coral Pink Sign) and take the left, follow Hancock until it ends in a T and take a left on Sand Dunes Rd for couple miles and the campground (meadow) is on the leftside of the road. Approximately 3 - 4 hrs from Vegas

Couple Notes: Pull up Colorado City, AZ on Mapquest and you can see this whole route. If you ask for directions on Mapquest it take you through Zion. The Coral Pink Sign / Hancock Rd out of Kanab is a pain to see at night, if you miss it (speaking from experience) Sand Dunes Rd also runs into 89 a little farther up. If you don't mind a little bit of gravel you can take a left just out of Colorado City on the road to the Cane Beds, it will save a bunch of time and turns into Sand Dunes Road.

Why would you go all the way to Kanab instead of taking sand dunes rd?

Edited by mineurbiz

The only way I have been is from Duck Creek so any help is good.

Wow you said it much better than me.I am just the passenger I am not aloud to have any say in directions it's the husbands thing.I'm alway's going the wrong way,so he say's :blink: So I had to type all that by memory.Thanks for stepping up, :laughing:

oops wasn't meant for you sorry. :laughing:

Edited by Dani

Wow you said it much better than me.I am just the passenger I am not aloud to have any say in directions it's the husbands thing.I'm alway's going the wrong way,so he say's :blink: So I had to type all that by memory.Thanks for stepping up, :laughing:

15 is right but as for the 9 not sure if that is it, but is say's hurricane exit,you get off there and take a right follow the road for about 20 min you will go through a town and than at the end of the town you go right,you can only do right or left and than you follow up the mountain and than you are on a straight away for a longggg.time. You get to see all the pretty girls with there dresses and jeans on and hair in buns.Now that is Chris's favorite part. :laughing: I think they have a few husbands standing watch by them.Than you go through another small town where you take a left at the traffic light where there is a old gas station that got turned into a potery place, can't miss it. than drive for a while you will go through Kanab, stay on the road,and :woo_hoo: you will see the sighn for Coral pink.Sorry if these were crappy directions but they work for us :laughing:

you must be talking about colorado city (the poligamy alley) :laughing:

you must be talking about colorado city (the poligamy alley) :laughing:

Yeah! you got it,The first time we drove through there Jaydin had to go pee really badly and he wanted us to stop right than.Chris was telling Jaydin if he ever had to learn how to hold it this would be the time.They were all outside and chris was saying there is no way I pulling over and letting you pee , we made it alittle bit further but he couldn't hold it,That had to be the fastest I have ever seen a 3 year old pee.Than of course of have Tristan in the back seat saying "if you wear diapers like me you can just pee in your pants."

So we learned from all that ,that when we hit the gas station before that town everyone goes potty if needed.

So anyone going there for the first time remember "Pee before you hit the town"

Its asphalt all the way through Kanab and I had heard the gravel portion the other way was really rough.

We went in August and there was no gravel, it is paved from 89 to the visitor center, or am I missunderstanding something.

Mark you are talking about the road coming from the other direction.

I think they are talking about the Cane Beds road which is the shortcut off the 389. It is paved for a few miles from the 389, but there are several miles of it that can get pretty rough or rutted. It allows you to bypass Fredonia and Kanab and cuts off about 35-45 minutes, but I choose not to take my 30 thousand dollar toyhauler down that pos road. No thanks. :laughing:

But I still don't know what this talk of Coral Pink is. :laughing: I think it is a myth.

:laughing:

Here's a map that shows the paved and non-paved parts...

The red part is non-paved, the blue is paved.

post-3-1174710307.jpg