Know anything about a Polaris Outlaw?

iweb

A guy is wanting to trade me a used 06 Polaris Outlaw and he says its worth $7K which I see is MSRP for a new one. Anyone have one or know anything about these, value, any idea on selling one? I don't need one, would just do the trade and sell the quad. Thanks.

A guy is wanting to trade me a used 06 Polaris Outlaw and he says its worth $7K which I see is MSRP for a new one. Anyone have one or know anything about these, value, any idea on selling one? I don't need one, would just do the trade and sell the quad. Thanks.

A Friend has one...no problems with it yet,nice quads

We are talking about trading for my sandrail that I have listed for sale here.

Think I could sell it for $5K? I turned down a trade for a Predator becasue they seem to not be good sellers.

We are talking about trading for my sandrail that I have listed for sale here.

Think I could sell it for $5K? I turned down a trade for a Predator becasue they seem to not be good sellers.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with predators. I happen to own one and i put a fmf powercore4 pipe on it and it is really reliable.... best bike i've ever owned

• 1 month later...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with predators. I happen to own one and i put a fmf powercore4 pipe on it and it is really reliable.... best bike i've ever owned

i have a 2006 predator tld no problems with it strong runner will stay with the best up comp heres mine at comp and here a nice outlaw

post-1747-1180324873.jpg

post-1747-1180325047.jpg

Edited by challenger

I logged on this morning to ask the very same question. I went to the Rancho Kawasaki/Polaris dealer yesterday to get some info...spent some time in there with a chump a$$ sales guy :ahhhhh: who obviously couldnt close a deal if it were an envelope. But anyway from what I gather, the 525 is the fastest accelerating quad out there right now. It is a versatile machine...meaning it can be used for both trail riding as well as sand dunes. The after market parts are probably hard to get still because its a new model. There are exhaust systems out already, and the Chump a$$ sales guy says "you can use upgraded rims, but it would just widen the ride" which I dont see problems with. Does anyone have a buddy with this OUTLAW 525 ???? I want to make a decision in the next week or so.

I rode one. It's an ok quad. The KTM motor is nice in that frame instead of the fuji built 500. Ergo wise, I don't think it's much diff. than your yfz though. I think the independent rear is ok for woods and tight trails, I just feel the suspension isn't stiff enough for hard cornering. I don't know how it would be in the sand. The problem Polaris is having with the rear wheels is that they are to small in diameter and the rims are getting, literally sliced in half by the knuckles under full compression of the suspension. Hopefully you can ride one before you buy one. There is a dealer in Logandale that used to be called splash city. They have changed their name though. Give them a call and see if they have one. I dealt with them a few years ago and they were good peeps.

I think the independent rear is ok for woods and tight trails, I just feel the suspension isn't stiff enough for hard cornering. I don't know how it would be in the sand.

Yeah that is where the solid axle comes in

Yeah that is where the solid axle comes in

Dammit Mark !!!!! I hate it....I hate asking questions and then hearing answers i dont want to hear...but I guess the long and short of it is MAYBE you are right. There I said it. I have almost already made the decision until I read all of these posts.....I need to rent one for a week. Thanks peeps ! :ahhhhh: :ahhhhh:

Dammit Mark !!!!! I hate it....I hate asking questions and then hearing answers i dont want to hear...but I guess the long and short of it is MAYBE you are right. There I said it. I have almost already made the decision until I read all of these posts.....I need to rent one for a week. Thanks peeps ! :ahhhhh: :ahhhhh:

LOL I don't want to be right just want to help you both pick the right bike for you!!!

LOL I don't want to be right just want to help you both pick the right bike for you!!!

I get stubborn when I have my mind set....but I posted for a true response and it's appreciated....I am just a little bummed. :banghead: I will research a little harder. problem is you cant trust the sales guy, you have to hear first hand experience, and that was the whole idea of this post. :shoot_head: