New Dumont fees for 07/08 season

dunefreak

"Fees will be going up to make up for lost green sticker money and approprations that we lost from the state of CA. and the federal Goverment. Here's the breakdown..."

7 day pass $30.00

Annual pass $90.00

Holiday surcharge $10.00 (applies to halloween, Thanksgiving, New Years, Presidents Day and Easter)

Annual pass upgrade to include all 5 holiday periods $120.00

more current info here

Edited by dunefreak

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im going to have to take some time off work to check out this June TRT meeting cuz if they are raising our fee's double and all we get is this lousy road im goin back to glamis where the weekend fees are cheaper and there is no HOLIDAY surcharge WTF is up with that...

im going to have to take some time off work to check out this June TRT meeting cuz if they are raising our fee's double and all we get is this lousy road im goin back to glamis where the weekend fees are cheaper and there is no HOLIDAY surcharge WTF is up with that...

If I had to bet money I'd say the fees are probably going to go up at Glamis also. :laughing:

I agree that the holiday surcharge is :laughing:

OK

I really have ZERO problem paying the extra dough.. AS LONG AS the money goes BACK TO THE DUMONT.. if the damn half a$$ road wasn't so SH_TY.. if they had more rangers etc....

What are the extra fees for? What will it do?? same as GD.com (not that I have ever been a member) but show us where the money goes so we can be more understanding................

OK, so why are the surcharges :laughing: ? Why should I have to pay more if I don't chose to go out on those 5 holiday's? It costs tons of money to cover Law enforcement, Emt's etc for those weekends when you have 30,000 people there. Why should people who choose not to attend those dates have to support your choice. We had to find an equitable way to pass the loss of Green sticker dollars and lost appropations from Congress. This idea was actually suggested by Dumont Users at the last meeting. If it had not been suggested you would have probably gotten hit with the bigger increase across the board. So it's not a "double" but it is a increase, if you don't like it then write to your Ca. Gov. and ask him to equalize the green sticker committee. Write to your congressmen and senators and let them know you are unhappy with the lack of funding of off road recreation. But don't tell me that $120.00 is expensive to spend basically every other weekend out at the dunes camping under the stars and enjoying your off road toys and campers that you paid a hell of a lot more than a tent would have cost! I am tired of hearing everybody biatch but nobody help. You want to complain? Join us at FoDD and we will all work together. It's kinda like voting, if you vote you have a right to complain. If you don't vote you get what you get. that's it.

Ok i have had a long day so I am off my soap box.

Terry :laughing:

OK

I really have ZERO problem paying the extra dough.. AS LONG AS the money goes BACK TO THE DUMONT.. if the damn half a$$ road wasn't so SH_TY.. if they had more rangers etc....

What are the extra fees for? What will it do?? same as GD.com (not that I have ever been a member) but show us where the money goes so we can be more understanding................

Be glad to Rob, when you show up for the next TRT meeting I will go over all the budget numbers. I would even be glad to discuss them on the phone or via e mail with you but I am not taking the amount of time to put it on here and then get flamed for it. So when can I expect your e mail? :laughing:

OK, so why are the surcharges :laughing: ? Why should I have to pay more if I don't chose to go out on those 5 holiday's? It costs tons of money to cover Law enforcement, Emt's etc for those weekends when you have 30,000 people there. Why should people who choose not to attend those dates have to support your choice. We had to find an equitable way to pass the loss of Green sticker dollars and lost appropations from Congress. This idea was actually suggested by Dumont Users at the last meeting. If it had not been suggested you would have probably gotten hit with the bigger increase across the board. So it's not a "double" but it is a increase, if you don't like it then write to your Ca. Gov. and ask him to equalize the green sticker committee. Write to your congressmen and senators and let them know you are unhappy with the lack of funding of off road recreation. But don't tell me that $120.00 is expensive to spend basically every other weekend out at the dunes camping under the stars and enjoying your off road toys and campers that you paid a hell of a lot more than a tent would have cost! I am tired of hearing everybody biatch but nobody help. You want to complain? Join us at FoDD and we will all work together. It's kinda like voting, if you vote you have a right to complain. If you don't vote you get what you get. that's it.

Terry, I'm not saying you aren't doing a good job because you are doing a great job and we all are grateful.

People in my opinion are upset at the government. It seems that every time we turn around they are taking more and more land away from the riders and charging more to use what is left open. Some of us are members of FoDD and still have these thoughts. Many letters have been written to senators and congressmen voicing our disgust. The govenor has heard from the off-road community many times. All these efforts seem to fall on deaf ears. The green sticker program in California has become a huge joke. It has become a way for the greenies to buy up more land and close it. The government seems to be more afraid of the eco-terrorist groups.

Please keep up the good work you and the others are doing.

OK, so why are the surcharges :shake: ? Why should I have to pay more if I don't chose to go out on those 5 holiday's? It costs tons of money to cover Law enforcement, Emt's etc for those weekends when you have 30,000 people there. Why should people who choose not to attend those dates have to support your choice. We had to find an equitable way to pass the loss of Green sticker dollars and lost appropations from Congress. This idea was actually suggested by Dumont Users at the last meeting. If it had not been suggested you would have probably gotten hit with the bigger increase across the board. So it's not a "double" but it is a increase, if you don't like it then write to your Ca. Gov. and ask him to equalize the green sticker committee. Write to your congressmen and senators and let them know you are unhappy with the lack of funding of off road recreation. But don't tell me that $120.00 is expensive to spend basically every other weekend out at the dunes camping under the stars and enjoying your off road toys and campers that you paid a hell of a lot more than a tent would have cost! I am tired of hearing everybody biatch but nobody help. You want to complain? Join us at FoDD and we will all work together. It's kinda like voting, if you vote you have a right to complain. If you don't vote you get what you get. that's it.

Well said! :laughing:

OK, so why are the surcharges :laughing: ? Why should I have to pay more if I don't chose to go out on those 5 holiday's? It costs tons of money to cover Law enforcement, Emt's etc for those weekends when you have 30,000 people there.

How about making a double penalty weekend for the Holidays, like they do in construction zones. They are under staffed so charge double for a ticket. then the people that need the law inforcement (jacka$$es) pay for the service. Just an idea that could be looked at. I agree that $10 dollars isn't much, but it sure will make the lines getting in and out longer for the people that have a pass. And if the law guys do their job, they should never have downtime while on duty. I see illegal stuff every minute while out there on a holiday weekend.

How about making a double penalty weekend for the Holidays, like they do in construction zones. They are under staffed so charge double for a ticket. then the people that need the law inforcement (jacka$$es) pay for the service. Just an idea that could be looked at. I agree that $10 dollars isn't much, but it sure will make the lines getting in and out longer for the people that have a pass. And if the law guys do their job, they should never have downtime while on duty. I see illegal stuff every minute while out there on a holiday weekend.

Yeah like my incident..."He was speeding on the flats and roosted us"(me)..."So everyone does that"(ranger)

WTF is up with that...I know everyone does it.There is a rule against it but they dont do anyting about it.

That's a great idea but then the Rangers would actually have to do something other than just harrass people.

Terry, I'm not saying you aren't doing a good job because you are doing a great job and we all are grateful.

People in my opinion are upset at the government. It seems that every time we turn around they are taking more and more land away from the riders and charging more to use what is left open. Some of us are members of FoDD and still have these thoughts. Many letters have been written to senators and congressmen voicing our disgust. The govenor has heard from the off-road community many times. All these efforts seem to fall on deaf ears. The green sticker program in California has become a huge joke. It has become a way for the greenies to buy up more land and close it. The government seems to be more afraid of the eco-terrorist groups.

Don, thanks I appreciate it. It does get frustrating dealing with goverment threats and things not going are way. My point is that if we don't care and join together to fight the good fight who will? I have always said i joined to protect my grandsons right to take their kids and grandkids out there that's why I do it. I do get tired of all the bitchen and i apoligize if I am a little touchy tonight It's been a very long day that actually started about 2 AM.

Again Thank You for your thoughts.

Terry

I would also like to add that sitting in the meeting I felt that this was the best decision that was on the table there, it could have been worse. I for one will be paying the $120.00 for the full season but at least it does provide an alternative.

The things that come out of these meetings are not dictated to us from BLM it is discussed amongst some very smart people to come up with solutions to problems that we as duners face and the knowledge is impressive and they all do it for free. :laughoff:

:shake::laughoff::laughing::laughing:

well said Don.. Terry this is what I intended to say.. You obviously took it the wrong way..

Sorry of you took my response against you or the folks that help us..

Edited by Paul Rob

I for one neither like nor dislike the increase in fees. My crew usually comes with a minimum of 2 and sometimes 3 vehicles. With any recreation sport worth a sh*t, there will be sacrifice. I will gladly pay the $360.00 up front without complaining. If there will be more medical staff, law enforcement staff and the roads and so on get fixed, then it's money well spent. Hell I pay more than that for just one weekend out there when it's all said and done.

I applaud the people who get involved and try and make a difference in our sport. If some of the duners feel that the fee is too much or unfair and feel that they need to go elsewhere for a good time, I will not judge nor fault them for that.

I hope to see everyone in the dunes next season. Keep up the good work :laughing: