New Dumont fees for 07/08 season

dunefreak

Some great replies here. I agree with most of them.

I have NO problem paying more,

as long as OUR money goes toward OUR cause and fighting FOR it, not against it.

It worries me some times that our $ is used against us. :laughing:

Terry, Thank You for your time and efforts. :shake: You fight FOR us and OUR land. :laughing:

R-

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many letters have been written to senators and congressmen voicing our disgust. The govenor has heard from the off-road community many times. All these efforts seem to fall on deaf ears.

that is because, by nature, all politicans are whores, and cave to the agenda that throws the largest amount of money at them. IMO, the fees should be raised another 10 bucks @ holiday weekends, and use those funds for lobbying, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr whore purchasing fees

How about making a double penalty weekend for the Holidays, like they do in construction zones. They are under staffed so charge double for a ticket. then the people that need the law inforcement (jacka$$es) pay for the service. Just an idea that could be looked at. I agree that $10 dollars isn't much, but it sure will make the lines getting in and out longer for the people that have a pass. And if the law guys do their job, they should never have downtime while on duty. I see illegal stuff every minute while out there on a holiday weekend.

I was all about this until I realized.... If the enforcment has to rely on ticket fees their going to crack down on EVERYTHING. It will be like when you see 5 cop cars pulled over w/ one vehicle w/ no passengers; too much heat on the small stuff. Of course, breaking rules is breaking rules.

Now that there is designated holiday weekends with special fees....have those dates also been established? For instance can someone tell me what dates comprise the '07 Halloween weekend? I think that'll be important to those of us who plan to camp the week before or the week after the big holidays.

first off i would like to thank terry and everyone else for what is done to help us as a duning community :mc_smiley: i have no problem paying and will pay the higher fees. hopefully it will work out to keep some of the riff-raff out. :monkeedance2:

Some great replies here. I agree with most of them.

I have NO problem paying more,

as long as OUR money goes toward OUR cause and fighting FOR it, not against it.

It worries me some times that our $ is used against us. :mc_smiley:

Terry, Thank You for your time and efforts. :laughoff: You fight FOR us and OUR land. :monkeedance2:

R-

Randog, that is why the TRT was formed and does not include any announced enviro's on the board(you never know someone's hidden adgenda if they have one till later) The fee demo money is being used at dumont and for the betterment of the area and it's users. As Dave said there are a lot of people on the TRT who have fought this fight for years and then there are the newby's who want to know what they can do to help and throw new ideas at the group. The new fee schedule was a suggestion from a user not a TRT member and it appears that it was the best option to keep the area operating and open. Are we done "fine tuning" NO we have lot's of work ahead of us and we are hoping to improve the plans for Dumont over the coming months.

now the rangers can affored more toys and even more lifted up tahoes and pick ups , maybe theyll get a long travel rail too , or a 500, 000 dollar couch so they cant stay in comfort :monkeedance2: :mc_smiley:

first off i would like to thank terry and everyone else for what is done to help us as a duning community :mc_smiley: i have no problem paying and will pay the higher fees. hopefully it will work out to keep some of the riff-raff out. :monkeedance2:

I am going to ditto this!! :D

How about making a double penalty weekend for the Holidays, like they do in construction zones. They are under staffed so charge double for a ticket. then the people that need the law inforcement (jacka$$es) pay for the service. Just an idea that could be looked at.

:beerpint: Actually Joe, that is a VERY good idea!! More people, more dangerous the illegal act, the more fine to be paid. :thumbsdown: Interesting, so you gonna show up at June's TRT meeting?!?

Now that there is designated holiday weekends with special fees....have those dates also been established? For instance can someone tell me what dates comprise the '07 Halloween weekend? I think that'll be important to those of us who plan to camp the week before or the week after the big holidays.

:barf: to you also Gerald, VERY good question!! Will arriving on Thursday-v-Friday going to make a difference?? Are the passes going to be color coded?? All issues I imagine will have to be decided before the official start of the new season. post-1889-1176938033.gif

:beerpint: to you also Gerald, VERY good question!! Will arriving on Thursday-v-Friday going to make a difference?? Are the passes going to be color coded?? All issues I imagine will have to be decided before the official start of the new season. post-1889-1176938033.gif

Well I would guess that would be decided next. They just came up with the idea....give em some time for God sakes! :thumbsdown:

Lots of interesting points and opinions but can anyone explain the money and how it "is being used at Dumont and for the betterment of the area and it's users"? Betterment of the area? I'm going out on a limb probably but how about something wild and crazy like ..... 1 trash dumpster, I apologize for being unreasonable and selfish but would be nice to put the other fee paying duners trash they left behind in something else besides my trailer. Betterment of the users? Educate the the people that leave the trash and those that throw cans, bottles and wood with nails in their campfire with a citation and fine for littering. If preserving Dumont isn't enough for the powers that be maybe the citation revenue might help. Anyone just at Dumont this last weekend? I don't remember ever seeing more trash ..... and when was the cleanup? Maybe some people are making sure they get their monies worth. :thumbsdown:

I hope I didn't miss it some where, but are they going to raise the fee on holiday weekends from $30 to $40. I have no problem with that. I think they should raise it to $60, because I'm going to buy a season pass anyway :thumbsdown:

That's Bull sh*t. I do not stay for 7 days. Will there be any day or weekend passes?

I can tell you this... I will not be going to Dumont much if these charges are true for next season. I will explore other dunes! :smoker:

Fuggin Government... Keep your dirty bathrooms and let us ride in the middle of no where for free like it should be

Edited by dreamrr

Being in the minority of those who get to Dumont about 4 times a year, $30 is a good deal. Granted, we stay for an entire week each time. We would still go if the week pass was $60! For all we spend just to be comfortable and comfortably numb :smoker: while there, It is just another bottle of booze, 3-4 gallons of racing fuel, etc. :D

Now, I feel for the folks who live nearby and only go 4-5 times a year, for a couple 1 week VA-CAs and the rest weekends. $30 seems like alot for a Sat/Sun. But I guarantee, when you are not at dumont, there will be weekends that you spend alot more than 30 bucks on entertainment! I know I do!

We wish I could go twice a month. We would buy the pass in a heartbeat!

We appreciate the opportunities we have to ride at Dumont. We will never let a few dollars come between us and our rides.

We will also never let a shltty entry road stop me from riding either! (We are glad there is a start to improve it) Our truck and trailer both have Dumont scars. We bought them to have fun. Sure, I drop an F bomb at each ding or scratch, then take my frustrations out on the dunes! :laughoff:

If the money is spent to keep Dumont an OHV area for years to come and the entry road stayed the same, I would not complain. :laughoff:

My2cents

ok ill be honest, i didnt read every single post on this. so fogive me on this.

the road was re done right?

so the money is improving Dumont right?

WILL the extra money that iam paying go to keeping the road at Dumont in good shape?

Will our extra money STAY at Dumont?

who is keeping track of the money? and where it goes?

lastly...

Will some of the money go to LEO for their time during the big holiday weekend?

thats all that I want to know.

That's Bull sh*t. I do not stay for 7 days. Will there be any day or weekend passes?

I can tell you this... I will not be going to Dumont much if these charges are true for next season. I will explore other dunes! :laughoff:

Fuggin Government... Keep your dirty bathrooms and let us ride in the middle of no where for free like it should be

Yeah...30 bucks! :smoker:

ok ill be honest, i didnt read every single post on this. so fogive me on this.

the road was re done right?

so the money is improving Dumont right?

WILL the extra money that iam paying go to keeping the road at Dumont in good shape?

Will our extra money STAY at Dumont?

who is keeping track of the money? and where it goes?

lastly...

Will some of the money go to LEO for their time during the big holiday weekend?

thats all that I want to know.

Maybe you SHOULD read all the posts, Cole. Your posts are like the same exact questions that have been brought up time and time again. Most of them are answered at the TRT meetings too.

Cole I am not picking on you, but people need to stop b*tchin about the fees and how the money is spent. The increase is gonna happen no matter what. There isn't much you are gonna be able to do about it. If a 10, 30, or even a 60 dollar increase in the fee is gonna stop you from going, stay home! Obviously Dumont is not that important to you. The talk about the fee increase has been discussed many times BEFORE the last TRT meeting which was primarily about that. Were any of you there to give your input? I feel for Terry & Vicki because it seems they have answered all these questions numerous times here on DDR. :laughoff:

I don't like the fee increase, but to me it is still worth it for me. In my eyes, I am not just paying to ride on the sand there. It's the great camping atmosphere and friends. You can't put a price on that.

I will be buying a seaon pass including holiday weekends its a very small investment for the

amount of enjoyment we get from it. Just think about it for a minute I have paid up to 30.00 per night to stay in a campground in the mountains with no hook ups so your looking 90.00 for a 3 day weekend

120.00 for a whole season thats a great deal if we don't all kick in and support Dumont and stop

bitching about 120.00 bucks I spend more than that taking the family bowling for a night. If you

can't afford that to do something you love stay home more room in the dunes for me.

:laughoff: :smoker: