New Dumont fees for 07/08 season

dunefreak

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

soooo for the halloween get together, will we be able to buy the season pass then (like normal) or will we have to get them elsewhere? or will they be for sale on the kick-off weekend? :think:

From what I understand, I don't think the BLM will have the annual passes for sale at the pay station that weekend. You will need to buy them from a retailer ahead of time (if available). If they are not available yet at that time, you will have to buy a week pass and that $$ will count towards your annual pass when you buy it. The BLM is still working out the details. I am sure will will be notified by the TRT or BLM once everything is in place.

The latest will always be posted on the homepage and here on the forum so don't worry- you will the 1st to know whats up. :D

• 1 month later...

When is enough enough, this makes absolutly no sense. What is next building a giant ranger station. If they want more LEO out there then they really need to do there job by taking care of the reckless riders, the litter bugs, the DUI's not the dad giving his little kid a ride at a wopping 2 miles per hour. Give me a break I watched a LEO hassel this guy for over an hour for giving his kid a ride on his quad. That needs to be a parents right and responsability when it comes to dealing with ther childern not the LEO. Also they say the money goes back into the dunes. Where? I know those pit toilets and a road grader every now and then cant cost that much. I would rather see them get rid of the toilets, if you need one bring it like the rest of us, and how about some dumpsters, since some people think trash magically disappears. I guess Im just frustrated. What will the BLM do next, next year is it going to double, triple, what. If they want EMS out there then they need to train and equip them. Most of the ones we run into are barely first aid trained and have no equipment, how about the BLM contract to get real EMT's out there, since it takes nearly an hour to get any sort of help, but wait that would be a good use of money and for the BLM that would be a first.

When is enough enough, this makes absolutly no sense. What is next building a giant ranger station. If they want more LEO out there then they really need to do there job by taking care of the reckless riders, the litter bugs, the DUI's not the dad giving his little kid a ride at a wopping 2 miles per hour. Give me a break I watched a LEO hassel this guy for over an hour for giving his kid a ride on his quad. That needs to be a parents right and responsability when it comes to dealing with ther childern not the LEO. Also they say the money goes back into the dunes. Where? I know those pit toilets and a road grader every now and then cant cost that much. I would rather see them get rid of the toilets, if you need one bring it like the rest of us, and how about some dumpsters, since some people think trash magically disappears. I guess Im just frustrated. What will the BLM do next, next year is it going to double, triple, what. If they want EMS out there then they need to train and equip them. Most of the ones we run into are barely first aid trained and have no equipment, how about the BLM contract to get real EMT's out there, since it takes nearly an hour to get any sort of help, but wait that would be a good use of money and for the BLM that would be a first.

:shout: :rant_on: :rant_on: :rant_on: :drinkbeer: Welcome to DDR! :rant:

• 4 weeks later...

If the BLM, state and county officals would do a better job of policing the fee collection methods, ALL of the funds collected would go to the intended purpose. This would make a lot more money available and would remove the reason for an increase of fees. Better fee collection will translate to better services in the Dumont area.

• 3 weeks later...

do we know if annual passes will be for sale soon ?? havent heard anything in awile so just asking

We are still waiting for the new fees to be passed by a commitee. The season passes will not be available until those new fees are passes and the permits are printed. I would have to guess late November or early Dec. I am in contact with the BLM and any info will updated and posted on the homepage. :driver:

Like everyone, I enjoy riding at Dumont dunes, I do not make all the holiday weekends nevertheless, we pay taxes now, why pay more for the right to use blm land we presently pay taxes for and a percentage should finds its way towards that privilege. I do not believe any part of the demand increase will reach the supplying resources budget, Blm Rangers, Sheriff’s Deputies, CHP, EMT’s, Mercy Air, i.e.

Regarding the increased cost of the annual passes, my first question is; what are we getting in return besides the privilege to ride the dunes. Perhaps for the increase cost of the Annual Pass they should offer sewage dump stations or mobile sewage dump trucks, and potable water trucks.

Someone made reference to the increase would keep the bad folks out, wake up and smell the roses. The increase will not stop anyone really wishing to ride the dunes no matter of their deportment.

Ruffnit

Like everyone, I enjoy riding at Dumont dunes, I do not make all the holiday weekends nevertheless, we pay taxes now, why pay more for the right to use blm land we presently pay taxes for and a percentage should finds its way towards that privilege. I do not believe any part of the demand increase will reach the supplying resources budget, Blm Rangers, Sheriff’s Deputies, CHP, EMT’s, Mercy Air, i.e.

Regarding the increased cost of the annual passes, my first question is; what are we getting in return besides the privilege to ride the dunes. Perhaps for the increase cost of the Annual Pass they should offer sewage dump stations or mobile sewage dump trucks, and potable water trucks.

Someone made reference to the increase would keep the bad folks out, wake up and smell the roses. The increase will not stop anyone really wishing to ride the dunes no matter of their deportment.

Ruffnit

That's enough in return for me. I'll pay it whatever the price.

The reason for the fee increase has been discussed on here many times. ;)