POKER RUN 07/08 SEASON

Dumont Dave

We would be in on one fo sho!! :laughing: Davey and I have been doing the "Thunder on the Mountain" (motorcycles) poker run in Brianhead for the past 6 or 7 years now, always a GREAT time! The BBQ after the run (150 miles total :beerpint: ) is a massive party and includes contests. A dunes run would be awesome 'cause the kids would be included and the $$ raised would go to a great cause. :D

They usually are between 30-70 miles long but i guess can make any length you want and after so many miles of riding usually 7-10 miles depends on length of run there is a stop you grab a sealed card, ride again to 4 other stops, and finish, at the finish hand your cards in, they open them and the top 4-5 hands win prizes..(or at least thats how tha last run i did went)..pluz from the entry fee they throw a barbeque and drinks :beerpint::laughing:

In Brianhead, we don't do the "sealed" card version. At registration you receive a little slip of paper preprinted for each of the stops where you draw a card, roll the dice, or pick a domino outta the bag (they like to mix it up a bit post-1889-1178391395.gif) and the "dealer" marks your little paper with your draw. Turn them in at the last stop, highest (best) hand wins and they have a prize for the lowest hand, too. Pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

:DDRrocks: HELLO ALL IM NEW TO DDR BUT NOT NEW TO THE DUNES IV BEEN GOING SENCE 1976 AND IM 34 NOW ( DO THE MATH) IN ALL THE YEARS IV NEVER SEEN OR HEARD OF A POKER RUN ( NOW NOT TO SAY THAT THERE HAS BEEN ONE??? ) ANYWAYS I HAVE BEEN GETTING THINGS READY TO DO ONE FOR THE 07/08 SEASON. ID LIKE TO HAVE A LITTLE FEED BACK AS HOW MANY OF US WOULD LIKE TO "PLAY".PLEASE RESPOND A LITTLE AND LETS HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!!!

let me know I'm in

• 2 weeks later...