Weekend report

dunefreak

Weekend was a blast. Nobody got hurt :D . Fri night 3rotortrav & DCT came over to party. BTW, thanks again for the firewood guys. :thumb: Weather was awesome, except for Sunday got windy :thumb: . A good ol night ride to the north pole around 3:30/ 4 AM was fun. Then I ran outta gas on the way back to camp....derr :coocoo::drunk: I guess I should have checked the tank before we went way the hell out there! :laughing::blink: Then after we got back to camp, we partied till the sun came up and then some. We stayed up till 7AM Sat morning. :shocked2: :laughoff: :mc_smiley:

Saturday was a handfull. We went on a bunch of rides including the DDR ride from the south pole to the north pole :headbang: and a few others. We finally found Ken :woo_hoo: (Ken's Colors) who misunderstood my map and camped at the opposite end of the dunes as us :laughing: .We helped him & his buddy move their stuff over to our camp :D . There were a bunch of things that went wrong that day. Sandunesaddict rolled his car (that's a new thread in itself :laughoff: ), JJ (lvnalolife) broke down in his buggy, Ross (justintime) having some fan issues, sandsnake set a new record for shortest trip out in the rail ever :laughing: - less than a hour and then back on the trailer :grin: , and then a 2 Banshees in our camp (sikkbanshee's and JJ's lil bro in-law) took a crap :beerpint: . Besides all that- good weekend regardless. I will get pics up soon... :thumb:

Sunday got too damn windy to do anything, so we just packed up and came home. Lvnalolife broke down on the way home too :coocoo: . Hopefully everything went smoothly w/ recovering the truck & trailer when they had help go get em. :thumb:

I had a blast everone. It was cool meeting some new DDR peeps- dunefaster & aceisback, but didn't get a chance to meet you sincityblondie- I was still sleeping Sat AM :shoot: . Maybe Pres Day weekend. :thumb: That DDR ride was fun. :blury: I can't wait to get back home (Dumont) over pres day. :woo_hoo:

It was a great weekend. Only had one mechanical problem with an LT80 but should not be a problem for long. Had fun on the ddr ride but I am going to be sore as Hell tomorrow. Had a great time meeting new people on the ride and at the DDR camp. We are going again next weekend, hope I get my car back as my old body can't take to many quad rides! :mc_smiley:

ya i had a great time. sorry i couldnt find you guys. but when i woul look it was like 10 o clock. but i did find the north pole and good job on the new mail box. and i got some photos ill post them when my friend sends me them.

-rock on!

It was good to finally meet up with you guys and gals. If the DDR camp is anything like that Sat. ride I'm not sure my old a$$ could hang! We'll see though. Had a group of DS guys come down from SLC for their first ever Dumont trip so we hung with them and didn't make the movie.

Sheer intensity is all I can say about the South Pole/North Pole ride. Looking forward to more. Once I have my knees replaced!!!

yes i shot a spark plug out the top of my head... haha it was a blast that night though... o and u 4got to mention we broke down on the way back pete... hahah i got pics of us on the side of the road but its on my phone so i gotta send it to someone that can transfer it to thier pc... i gotta order some parts in so i can be good to go b4 presidents day...

... o and u 4got to mention we broke down on the way back pete... hahah

huh??....I didn't forget....

Lvnalolife broke down on the way home too . Hopefully everything went smoothly w/ recovering the truck & trailer when they had help go get em.

I had a fabulous time at Dumont :mc_smiley: .....Friday night was awesome, that may have been a first for me, staying up til the sun came up! Yeah, and I can't believe, for those of us who stayed up late, that we actually rode all day without crashing.... :grin:

Hey Dunefreak, this one's for you... :thumb:

i met a few of you, wish i would of met more. it was actually hard for me to ride up to your camp, i tend to be shy. but i braved my fear and met a couple. i met sikbanshee, ynot and someone named craig, cant remember his screen name. i headed over to the meeting place, but i was exactly sure who was who, so i bailed. =( tried twice to meet pete, but you were partied out the 1st time. lol not sure i can hang with you party animals. =) ill be back out on presidents day weekend, hopefully i can meet more of ya next time. oh yeah, and i met isbb, lol

Stacey :mc_smiley:

Yeah, it was pretty crappy on Sunday. :thumbsdown: We packed up and were on the road by 1:00pm I think. It went downhill from there. I only made it up the climb before the turn off to Tecopa when I noticed a lot of smoke and poor performance with the truck. Pulled over to see that the truck was puring diesel fuel out from the top back of the motor. Here...(sorry for the quality, it is from my camera phone)

It left a huge puddle just sitting there. I lost a 1/4 tank in that 15 miles! :thumbsdown:

Here is a pic of me waiting for my bro-in-law to bring my father-in-laws truck out to get the trailer...

They came and took the trailer, leaving me waiting for Craig(9digit) and Paul(PaulyPaul) to get there with a truck and trailer to tow my truck back to town. Good thing I have a DVD player in the truck. Watched a couple of movies while I waited, just me and the dog. They got there and we put it on a trailer behind Craig's brothers F250 and took the long way thru Pahrump home. Got to Paul's house at 12:00am. I finally ended up at home right before 2:00am. Damn I'm tired today! :blury:

I guess we should have waited a little longer and hung out for the group ride, but we were running out of time and just had to ride! Had a great time hanging out with Aceisback and his son, we really enjoyed Dumont for the first time :blury: The weather was awsome Thursday -Saturday. Sucked getting home Sunday morning to fresh snow and icy roads :thumbsdown:

We did run into a few forum members at the North pole right after it was fixed, looked real nice, almost as good as the rail sitting next to it, Travis I think it was :huh: I hope peolpe will respect it this time, keep up the fight against the rednecks whoever they might be :finger:

Look forward to making the long drive down there again, might have to become an annual superbowl weekend trip for us. Its a long drive from SLC!

BTW if a bunch of guys from Utah can find the south pole anyone can :thumb:

I will post a pic in that thread when I get the camera downloaded :thumbsdown:

Edited by SLC650

o yea we had some left over ribs from sat night that jj and i grubbed on while we waited for his father in law's truck arrived... i heard those ribs and steaks didnt stand a chance in your toyhauler pete... haha sorry some of the sh*t was burnt... i had the grill going on low while we went on those rides sat...

o yea we had some left over ribs from sat night that jj and i grubbed on while we waited for his father in law's truck arrived... i heard those ribs and steaks didnt stand a chance in your toyhauler pete... haha sorry some of the sh*t was burnt... i had the grill going on low while we went on those rides sat...

Steaks & ribs were grubberriffic :thumbsdown::blury: Thanks again, Dave. Yeah they didn't stand a chance. :thumbsdown:

El Presidente

IMGP0889.JPG

Pauly Paul

IMGP0836.JPG

Talk about helmet head Tacomama

IMGP0848.JPG

If it aint one thing its another lvnalolife's buggy trying to be resurected in the dunes..

IMGP0847.JPG

I dont care if i have to buy out every lowes in town the north pole will not die.

IMGP0832.JPG

This is what happens at 4am..

S2010009.JPG

Hey justintime HAPPY Birthday dude!!

S2010011.JPG

Dune Sunrises are the best

S2010020.JPG

A little note for the next group of a$$hats...

S2010058.JPG

There are tons more that are still uploading... :D