Weekend Warrior Problems have started

offroadracer

Well i am 2 months into my new hauler and have a few problems arrising :stick_smack::laughing: first the water line to the toilet leaking on the floor, and now ( its up in utah on our land) and get up there saturday and the shower knobs busted off there was still some water in the line i guess after i drained it and froze :laughing: , so i learned the hard way i read the manual after it happened :beercheers: and of course no rv parts nowhere near for hour and a half drive..but anyways they say to leave the faucets open after drained to help prevent freezing :dunno:and after draining the black tank my meter still says full..WTF :laughing: ...just thought i would leave it in utah till after memorial weekend so ia didnt have to drag it up there everyweekend..

anyone else have any WW problems like this?????

Also you should find underneath the camper an actual drain for both the cold and hot water lines, when we had the "big freeze" here I drained those before the cold hit and I was suprised that it took nearly five min for all the water to drain out of the water lines.

no problems like that yet but have had issues lately since the clean up where the main power wont work on the generator til i play with the breakers or generator braker or even play with wiring near battery :beercheers:

on the tank problem you may have something stuck on the inside of your tank has happen to my a few times just flush out with a hose should be good after that

Make sure you use that special toilet paper, we had issues trying to use regular single ply, it kept sticking to the sensor. It would be fine when we flushed it.

Also you should find underneath the camper an actual drain for both the cold and hot water lines, when we had the "big freeze" here I drained those before the cold hit and I was suprised that it took nearly five min for all the water to drain out of the water lines.

I did drain those 2 but i think some water was left near the faucet valve i guess i let it run out and left them open for about 10 min after water came out :beercheers:

I was gonna try that...hopefully it works..thanks

Yeah that happens with ALL black tank sensors. Just fill your tank full with clean water let sit for a few hours and flush... should be good to go... those corn HUSKS get caught up on the sensors :beercheers:

There is also a drain on the water heater to be left open along with the hot/cold low point drains. I have also found that using the "GEO" method on the tanks to really get them clean without having to get in there too often.

There is also a drain on the water heater to be left open along with the hot/cold low point drains. I have also found that using the "GEO" method on the tanks to really get them clean without having to get in there too often.

UGH what is the GEO method.. I may hate myself for asking :beercheers:

That is some nifty info there.I just printed it for Chris.

Ed that happend to us on our old T/H with reading that the black tank was not empty.Alot of flushing water in it.We bought this spray wand adapter that you put on the end of a hose to keep flushing it through.You are more than welcome to come and borrow it from us and take it up to utah to see if that will help.Just let me know.

there is also this thing

quickie flush

i had it installed after my second trip. makes it easy to dump the black tank. just hook the hose up to it, turn it on, and it sprays all the, um, material, yeah, that's it, material :D off the walls, and down the drain. makes it easier to put a few gallons it to travel, too.

best 60 bucks (i had them install it too) i spent on my hauler

Just as a note, if using the geo method after using the commercial method do not use the bleach the first tank around. So0me of the commercial products contain things that will have a reaction with bleach - Better to be safe then sorry.

I used this method twice now after always using the commercial products - much better......

That is some nifty info there.I just printed it for Chris.

Ed that happend to us on our old T/H with reading that the black tank was not empty.Alot of flushing water in it.We bought this spray wand adapter that you put on the end of a hose to keep flushing it through.You are more than welcome to come and borrow it from us and take it up to utah to see if that will help.Just let me know.

Thanks Dani I will try filling with fresh water let it sit and drain and see if it helps..if not i may get a hold of ya ...thanks again..

Thanks Dani I will try filling with fresh water let it sit and drain and see if it helps..if not i may get a hold of ya ...thanks again..

ORR - Throw some of the softener and detergent with that watter and it will be much more effective.....

there is also this thing

quickie flush

i had it installed after my second trip. makes it easy to dump the black tank. just hook the hose up to it, turn it on, and it sprays all the, um, material, yeah, that's it, material :D off the walls, and down the drain. makes it easier to put a few gallons it to travel, too.

best 60 bucks (i had them install it too) i spent on my hauler

I think this already comes on the weekend warriors, we have this flush system on ours, it has sprayers in the tank.

I have to agree though, this is not a "Weekend Warrior" problem.

I think this already comes on the weekend warriors, we have this flush system on ours, it has sprayers in the tank.

Our Tahoe came equipped with what they refer to as the Sani-Flush system. Same thing, hook up the hose from the outside and let the water spray away!! We didn't use it every time we dumped...wouldn't want to hold up the line in Tecopa...but definately before the hauler sits unused for any length of time.

WOW that is coool

Anybody want the link here it is

GEO Method Click Here[

Okay, I just read thru that and have a question now. We have a spicket in the garage plumbed to our water softener. We fill our freshwater tank with already softened water, so, I assume we could bypass that addition, correct?? :laughing: Could be 1 reason why we have never had any problems flushing out our black tank and why the freshwater lines remain clean and clear. post-1889-1178063929.gif

I do like the idea of adding the detergent, sounds reasonable, and we have always added lots and lots of water to the black tank just before dumping. Personally, I wouldn't want to stop using the "blue" stuff because that is an enzyme that starts to break down the waste before it ever gets to the dump in the first place, thus making it easier to flush out the not-so-solid-anymore-waste. (Sorry, YUCK!) Also, it's just plain logical to flush black 1st, then gray to help clear the lines/hose, doesn't everyone do it that way?? :ban-split: