Dumont accident

Hello,

Just got information from friends that her friend died in Dumont today~

No infomation on the cause of death yet~ natural or accidental......

She is waiting for some word on what happen.....

Does anyone know of any fatal accident in Dumont today?

Thanks so much for any help~

:(

My heart goes out to the family.

Here is the story from the coroners office:

Coroner Case #700703662--On May 8, 2007 at 3:06 PM, the California Highway Patrol received a report of an off highway vehicle collision at Dumont Dunes, approximately 35 miles north of the town of Baker, CA. Jack Bird, a 73 year old resident of Boulder City, Nevada, was drivng an ATV when he lost control of the vehicle and it rolled over multiple times. Bird was pronounced dead at 3:57 PM by emergency personnel. CHP is investigating. [050907 0935 SY]

Edited by Luvtoride

post-2807-1178754129.jpg

Thank you all for your kind words and condolences. Jack was a very very close of friend of mine and my husband's. We went riding often with Jack and his wife. A couple of years ago we took them out to Gorman and had them ride our quads, and that was it, 2 more confirmed off-roaders were born. Nothing stopped them, they rode hard and had fun. I will attempt to attach a picture taken of Jack when we went on the 100 mile Grizzly ride at the Arizona ATV Jamboree two years ago.

Jack it was an honor to know you and even better to have you as such a good friend. You are very much loved and will be missed intensely. We promise we will take care of Cheryl and Lisa. God Speed friend.

post-2807-1178754129.jpg

Thank you all for your kind words and condolences. Jack was a very very close of friend of mine and my husband's. We went riding often with Jack and his wife. A couple of years ago we took them out to Gorman and had them ride our quads, and that was it, 2 more confirmed off-roaders were born. Nothing stopped them, they rode hard and had fun. I will attempt to attach a picture taken of Jack when we went on the 100 mile Grizzly ride at the Arizona ATV Jamboree two years ago.

Jack it was an honor to know you and even better to have you as such a good friend. You are very much loved and will be missed intensely. We promise we will take care of Cheryl and Lisa. God Speed friend.

:laughing: I am sooo sorry for your lose. I love the picture. I wish I would have known him! :beercheers:

This make me cry! I'll bet he had a gentle spirit.

My condolences to the family and friends. I left there Tues afternoon and there were only a few small camps there. I've never seen the dunes so hard to read and soft/steep on one side in 34+ years. I past a Firetruck and Ambulance right after I got on the road to baker and was hoping it would pass the turn off. Not much one can really say that matters at this point.