Night ride/ drags trip report

dunefreak

that was a fun trip! we got to do another and hopefully i'll actually get to camp w/ you guys instead of off by myself ( my buddy hates being in large groups of people he doesn't know...) the drags ened up going all night long and my group got a really good morning rip inright when the sun was coming up.

when we first got there we unloaded and went to the little dunes, messed around for a while and came back to the big dunes. the sand was so smooth it felt like you were floating (especally on a 2 wheeler) couldn't tell i drop off from a hill untill it was to late a couple times but pulled through w/o dropping it.

hope to actually hang out with you guys next time though!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Saturday night ride was great. The sand was smooth, sidehilling at 10:00 at night is a trip. I got to meet a lot of people from the forum which was cool. The temperature was great, my fan only turned on a few times, and the engine ran well (05 450R). I look forward to more night rides in the future. My buddy who has never come to a summer night ride at Dumont had a great time, so I think we have another believer.

Edited by stoic

Lets see if I can do my weekend report now a little tired and hung over :beerpint:

Met a bunch of GREAT peeps some whos names I never got or can't remember, but ALL GREAT!! :headbang1:

I guess I don't drink mudslides any more, they're landslides :grin:

Brice and Mary you guys are awesome, thanks for the hospitality, GREAT times :laughing:

The POOL PARTY!! :driver:

Dinicolada and ??? (crap I can't remember sorry) for helping me wake BudlightBob up so he could rejoin the party :beercheers:

Don Thanks for the ride that was SWEET!! :dunno::drunk::D

Sincity Blondie,Dune Smurf,Crasher you gals are so nice, thanks for making me feel as if I'd been camping with you guys forever. :D

Thanks to who ever it was that rescued our flying bed!! :grin:

I know I have more, but I can't think right now still a little tired and hung over.

I only took a couple of pics :dance: too busy :laughing::driver::chat: having fun I guess :dance:

post-2396-1182742447.jpg

When are we doing it again????

Very cool, Jodi. I wanted to get a pic of the camp from the finger dune but never made it. :chat:

As for the next one- I'm definitely in! I say either late July or sometime in August. :thumb:

that was a fun trip! we got to do another and hopefully i'll actually get to camp w/ you guys instead of off by myself ( my buddy hates being in large groups of people he doesn't know...)

hope to actually hang out with you guys next time though!

Nice meeting you, Darrell. I understand how your friend feels. You guys were plenty welcome though. We'll have to kick it at the next summer trip. :dunno:

The Saturday night ride was great. The sand was smooth, sidehilling at 10:00 at night is a trip. I got to meet a lot of people from the forum which was cool. The temperature was great, my fan only turned on a few times, and the engine ran well (05 450R). I look forward to more night rides in the future. My buddy who has never come to a summer night ride at Dumont had a great time, so I think we have another believer.

That's a great way to put it. :clap: Unless you come out and see for yourself how friggen smooth and epic those dunes are in the summer, you will never understand. I'm not sure if I met you or not or not, stoic. Where were you parked and who were you with?

Nice meeting you, Darrell. I understand how your friend feels. You guys were plenty welcome though. We'll have to kick it at the next summer trip. :beercheers:

cool deal :headbang1: , my brother and i stopped by about 1 or 2 (i think) and checked out your buggy, that thing is nice!!! can't wait to get me one (let me know when you start looking for your next one)

ps: i got stompted at the drags, but you guys on quads can launch 10 times better than i can. oh well though just makes me want to start my Quadzilla build that much more

cool deal :headbang1: , my brother and i stopped by about 1 or 2 (i think) and checked out your buggy, that thing is nice!!! can't wait to get me one (let me know when you start looking for your next one)

right on, man. Thanks. I'm loving the new car :beercheers: so it will be a while (if ever) before I get a new one.

Great trip! Why is it that I haven't been out since October 2005? :headbang1: Can't wait for the next one..... Thanks paully Paul for the test ride of you Zuki 450! Guess I'll be spending a bunch of money again soon you bastard!! :beercheers: That "epic" ride sure brought back some great memories(from what I remember!!) Thanks again Pete!!

So where did the lights go?/Who was gonnna bring the lights

From what I understood, nobody from DDR planned on bringing any in the first place. :dunno: I think there was maybe a guy from YFZTech or somewhere that was gonna bring some, but that fell through.

Lights or no lights- I had a great time regardless. I could see just fine with my headlights. :headbang1::beercheers:

Yeah that is what I was wondering? I couldn't find anyone, I drove around near the drags on my quad and it was hard to see anything. Then the no lights on quads, that was scary! I headed over to where most of everyone was parked, I was on my quad, but I felt shy and didn't want to just pop into the middle of the camp. I didn't see anyone I knew, but thought I saw Tiff and Craig's hauler...still wasn't sure though...lol. I thought they weren't bringing it!

what a night......great times with great peeps...nice to see everyone make it to a SA meeting :beercheers: got to meet some more DDR peeps....(jodi,bob,mary)and i'm sure there is more just can't remember names....

thanks burt for coming to the rescue with jumper cables....i promise to turn my quad lights off next time :beerpint::headbang1: i evan got in a couple of pics this time :dunno: sorry forgot my camera again :laughing: long islands are the best dune drink :thumb: i always drink to many.....can't wait till next time....... :laughing:

Yeah that is what I was wondering? I couldn't find anyone, I drove around near the drags on my quad and it was hard to see anything. Then the no lights on quads, that was scary! I headed over to where most of everyone was parked, I was on my quad, but I felt shy and didn't want to just pop into the middle of the camp. I didn't see anyone I knew, but thought I saw Tiff and Craig's hauler...still wasn't sure though...lol. I thought they weren't bringing it!

They didn't bring haulers. They only had a flatbed with 2 quads on it. :headbang1: You shoulda stoppped by and said hi. :beercheers:

Silly girl. Wondered where you were. Craig and tiffs truck was parked next to my hauler. you should of just looked for the crooked got sand sticker!!

Dont be shy, we dont bite. ok well maybe some of us do, but you should of come over!

AWESOME TIMES!!!

I had a great time hanging out with everyone. Brice, mary is so much fun!! Love hanging with that crazy girl!

Thanks to everyone for an awesome quick trip. Always good to see the extended family!

Sorry I didnt say bye to anyone, with the wind the whiny mutt and a lil hangover, I was ready to get home!!

I cruised around your whole camp slowly...just wearing flip flops and goggles...lol. What do you pull your hauler with? That wind sucked so bad yesterday...I think the devil was sitting on the sand dunes.

I pull it with a Grey burb, has big ddr sticker on front window. Silly girl! :beercheers:

I know how you feel, one trip before I met anyone, I was going up for the day just me and my daughter and Pete told me to park by them it was kinda weird parking and walking to people that you do not know, but it was really cool everyone just walks up and says hi and welcomes you, DDR is a great bunch of people. I think I am still rather quiet even though I have met some of the peeps more than once, just need to get my butt over to other people trailer and talk more. I would just say ride up say hello DDR and everyone will welcome you!!!

I know how you feel, one trip before I met anyone, I was going up for the day just me and my daughter and Pete told me to park by them it was kinda weird parking and walking to people that you do not know, but it was really cool everyone just walks up and says hi and welcomes you, DDR is a great bunch of people. I think I am still rather quiet even though I have met some of the peeps more than once, just need to get my butt over to other people trailer and talk more. I would just say ride up say hello DDR and everyone will welcome you!!!

Yeah this was our first time being camp virgins!! Only met a couple of peeps at the clean up. I used to think I was shy, but this group is so welcoming I guess I am over it!

Good times with great people :thumb:

Thanks for the beautiful pic of my truck Woody!! :D

Reply to dunefreak:

I met wingnut, crasher, and dan with an 05 450R set-up for mx. I spent a bunch time out at the hill parked right behind the ddr group in a white chevy and a blue chevy. I have a black 05 450R.

Great trip! Why is it that I haven't been out since October 2005? :thumb: Can't wait for the next one..... Thanks paully Paul for the test ride of you Zuki 450! Guess I'll be spending a bunch of money again soon you bastard!! :thumb: That "epic" ride sure brought back some great memories(from what I remember!!) Thanks again Pete!!

Glad to see you made it back out and had a good time... Cant wait till we get to ride together finally :D

Sorry took so long to post still dealing with hangover 2 days later .Had a great time. It was great to

meet some new people Mary and I had so much fun hanging out at banshee hill and back at camp

Thanks Woody for letting Mary race your 450 up the hill she had so much fun I love the picture you

took of her. Buggychick and Sandbob are a riot gotta love someone that drinks a 55 gallon mudslide

aka landslide. Good times had by all :thumb::laughing::ban-split::laughing::thumb:

well all in all we probally should have stayed in this time. sat night darrell had to work later then expected, then we found out that we didnt get to use the motorhome. then we did, then we didnt, then we did again :thumb: ooooh what a headache. so we rushed out and got to dumont kinda late. the trip in took us a while itself. damn enterance road. then we had trouble finding camp, when we did find camp (we were the white motorhome parked next to the four door f150 and the chevy btw ) they all started to gear up and that is when my husband realised he forgot his riding bag :ban-split: so he had to take to borrow his friend shane's gear since he couldnt ride his quad cuz he needed oil... (major thank yous to whoever it was that spared some oil.. great karma! i didnt know who that was, but thank you very much!!) while they were out riding, i got settled and started to make dinner to realise that our stove wasnt working :thumb: so we brought a small bbq inside, stuck it on the stove and nearly burnt the place down! i dont know what was up with the grill but every so often the propain would make the flame go high and id have to pray for it to go down. meanwhile i have our two month old puppy outside on a leash screaming her head off cuz she thinks she is being beatin to death cuz everytime she would go too far on her leash it would pull her back.. took her long enough to realise what was going on.. (so sorry if anybody thought i was beating my dog lol, not the case at all, although i was going to come pretty close if she didnt get smart and realise that everytime she ran away from the motorhome it would choke her lol) the sand storm kicked our a$$, we had everybody crammed into the motorhome cuz it was soo windy out. but that is when it started to get good.. wow, let me reprhase that cuz five guys and one girl in a motorhome is not the meaning of good lol jk... i guess i ment that is when it started to get funny. everybody (but me) was getting drunk and just watching them be stupid was good times by itself. they all made up their own words that night lol

too bad the weather was so bad and that darrell didnt bring his riding gear, we would have stayed longer

oh and whoever was flying that kite, you entertained my dog for quite a while. she never saw a kite before and wanted to go chase it lol.

NEXT TIME we will be more prepared! :)