Night ride/ drags trip report

dunefreak

I had an awesome time. It was pretty damn hot when we pulled in about 5:30 on Saturday. :ahhhhh: It was bearable though. I think we all need our heads examined for going out there and still loving it. :stirthepot: :assrock: It was great seeing everyone and hanging out. We had an epic sunset buggy ride on Saturday. There were absolutely NO tracks out there and the sand was all ours. :laughoff: I had a freakin grin ear to ear on that ride and when I got back. :grin: The cars ran pretty warm, but we stopped a couple times to let them cool down. Man that ride was awesome. :dance:

Playing and hanging out at the hill was fun too! I spanked some quads with my buggy, except for that damn 3 wheeler. That thing was rediculous. :ahhhhh: I raced Don29Palms and was suprised how fast his car is now with the new turbo. :laughoff: Watching some of those quads race without headlights or tailights made for some scary moments. :shake: I almost ran into a couple coming down the hill. I guess they anticipated the hill being lit up. :dunno:

Later after we got back from the hill I was spent. We fired up the pizza maker and grubbed and :drunk: till we passed out watching Fear & Loathing like usual. :assrock: I was tired as hell.

The wind started whipping pretty damn good later Saturday night and all through the morning today (Sunday). I didn't even attempt a morning ride. Those dunes looked dangerous. lol

All in all it was a great trip and can't wait to do another one.

I took a couple pics so I'll get them posted soon.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nick didnt make it cuz he was stuck at work till 11:30... and had to be at work early again this morning... trust me i worked my a$$ off trying to get there but it wasnt happening...

Good times man, we had some great rides. Kinda scary on the hill with the dudes with no lights, couple of close calls but nothing real bad. We did a 1AM run out to the North Pole, fun times. The wind on Saturday night was crazy. Pete, your rail is fast, I watchd you spank a bunch of people. Also saw the rail and quad incident, quad almost got clipped by the rail, quad roosts rail, rail chases quad. I guess it was all in fun, can't wait to do it again.

Pete, your rail is fast, I watchd you spank a bunch of people.

Thanks Randy. :stirthepot: Sucks I didn't get to say hi. I couldn't find you.

Also saw the rail and quad incident, quad almost got clipped by the rail, quad roosts rail, rail chases quad. I guess it was all in fun, can't wait to do it again.

What rail was this? And was it a red quad? This may explain a certain story. :laughoff:

Thanks for sharing the pictures Pete, it helps a little to since we couldn't go. :laughoff:

The sand looks awesome. :laughoff:

When are you guys planning another trip? :assrock: Maybe we will be able to go.

I really need to go to a S.A. meeting. :stirthepot:

just got here from there :D sand was great :ahhhhh: my wife and i had a great time :laughoff: :assrock: i always have fun with her and no kids lol. that banshee was crazy and the no helmet guy was even worse. quad with no headlights almost clipped the guy ahead of me and when he turned i thought i was next but he turned just in time :assrock: faggott!! he came outta no where :laughoff: !! thanks to Dman my good friend i was able to meet some more DDR peeps always meeting good ppl :stirthepot: . after we raced till about 130 or so we headed to the trailer and just relaxed till about 430 am and went to bed!! damn wind suked felt like someone trying to break in my trailer all night, i didnt sleep to good. time i think to work on another motor for the raptor. 1st time ive been beat by a yfz 450 that thing was fast3 to 4 more hp's and i think i might have it but i am thinking of going a little bigger than that next. the goal is to keep up with the banshees or real close. i was almost the last 1 to leave dumont just 1 motorhome there with a trailer left empty empty kinda unreal after having 150 ppl there. all in all another great trip cant wait for the next 1 nad some please call someone responsible that will actually bring the lights and also lets plan on a full moon also. thanks pete i didnt get a chance to say hi to ya but my wife and i appreciate you working on these get togethers and anyone else involved :ahhhhh: :dunno::drunk: .

Capt

Thanks Randy. :stirthepot: Sucks I didn't get to say hi. I couldn't find you.

What rail was this? And was it a red quad? This may explain a certain story. :laughoff:

Yeah, pretty sure it was a red quad. He roosted whoever was in the red rail pretty good for a thank you for making me crap my pants close call. I pulled up right next to you at the bottom of the hill, then you hit the the rocket boosters and were gone. Anyone see that golf cart on steroids?? Don't know what the hell that dude had in it for a motor, but it sounded pretty healthy. :laughoff:

Edited by Ocean03

Yeah, pretty sure it was a red quad. He roosted whoever was in the red rail pretty good for a thank you for making me crap my pants close call. Anyone see that golf cart on steroids?? Don't know what the hell that dude had in it for a motor, but it sounded pretty healthy. :laughoff:

Well I wonder if it was the same guy who came through our camp at about 2:30am and ROOSTED the sh*t outta Tim's new Funco and toyhauler. Tim came out to give him a beatdown :assrock: but he was already gone. That was messed up whoever it was. I don't recall Tim coming close to hitting any quad though. :assrock: Was the rail a BudLight Funco?

Anyone see that golf cart on steroids?? Don't know what the hell that dude had in it for a motor, but it sounded pretty healthy. :laughoff:

yeah I saw it. I stopped next to him to say whats up and ask what he had in it. It's a 750 streetbike motor. :stirthepot: He said it had some issues they were trying to work out since it was the first time they brought it out.

No one went thorugh any camp in the red cart and roosted, i will hand oput beatdowns for azzhoes like that too!. Its mine and was out of tune. We did change the needles and get 1 good run around 50 ish up the hill. the one bonzai run. There than that it ran liek sh*t. Next time will be different.

Hey I did see some BAD azz rails out there. We took alot of night vision HD video. We hope to have something together in the next 2 weeks and we will post.

Been lookin for you guys the last few trips........................

I'm pretty sure it was a red rail, but it wasn't the Bud Light Funco, I would have remembered that one for sure. I think what happened was the guy in the rail was going up and pulled a wheelie, came down and was right there next to about 3 or 4 quads going up at the same time, a little too close for comfort when you are on a quad. Wasn't intentional, but the guy on the quad sprayed a nice roost on the rail, so who knows. All I know was I had a great time, my Wife had a blast, Chuck (CRD450) and his wife were out with us, our buddy Mike D, Mike (Northphelan) and his crew. Had a blast, rode the hill, did a nice midnight ride, drank some beers, got up and did a beat the heat ride and headed home. I'm thinking we might just have to do it again this summer?????

No one went thorugh any camp in the red cart and roosted, i will hand oput beatdowns for azzhoes like that too!. Its mine and was out of tune. We did change the needles and get 1 good run around 50 ish up the hill. the one bonzai run. There than that it ran liek sh*t. Next time will be different.

Hey I did see some BAD azz rails out there. We took alot of night vision HD video. We hope to have something together in the next 2 weeks and we will post.

Your cart sounded insane, we saw you pull up and just thought it was a regualr ol' golf cart. Next thing we know we hear that thing and all did a neck crank over to see what the hell it was, looked and sounded cool as hell. Hope you get it dialed in.

Nobody said that a red cart or rail went through roosting. All I know is that there was a red quad that definitely came through our camp and roosted my buddy's rail and hauler. :dunno: I wasn't sure if it was related to the story Ocean03 posted or not. Thats why I asked. :thumb:

Let us know on that video. I'd like to check it out. :headbang1::beercheers:

Hey Annihilater'are you the guy I stopped and asked what motor your cart had?

I'm thinking we might just have to do it again this summer?????

Yep me too...maybe like August again? :beercheers:

Just woke up from a little nap, had a damn good time out there as always. Nothing like hanging out with a great group of peeps having fun. Meet a few more as well this weekend, Dan and his group, great peeps. Damn, I didn't see you Randy or Chuck out there either last night. I was looking around for some others too. My bike started acting up a little after it made a few runs up the hill, just getting hot and not wanting to stay running. Mary was on it, and she was beating alot of peeps, but there were some fast bikes out there. All in all, a great time, looking forward to the next one, maybe a POOL PARTY..... Here's a few pics...Semper Fi, Woody

070623077.jpg

070623080.jpg

070623084.jpg

070623085.jpg

070623088.jpg

070623090.jpg

070623097.jpg

070623098.jpg

070623103.jpg

070623107.jpg

070623117.jpg

070623119.jpg

Edited by wsky70

I dont know if it was me driving it, It could have been one of my buddies that saw you. We were in the dyno trailor most of the night. Unless the DS was running the hill. The video looked decent He had some good angles. Alot of dust.. There is alot of video of a yellow 4 stroke and some banshees. I thought the vid would be better but with no light, No lights on most the quads and high sand storm doesnt make for a good vid. My cousin will be out all season making a DVD in HD and he will be at the hill. He likes to get sand rails airing out too. See you all out there !! All I know is when the vid is done it will be SICK!

Edited by Annihilater

I want to thank all for being such great camping budies, it was nice to pull up and have a welcome group come and say hi. Sand was awesome to have it smooth and all to us.

I got to see the rail and quad incident, it was a red rail with checker board on the side. It was a buggy from our camp or right next to us. The rail went up the hill came pretty close to two quads, pissing off one quad who chose to roost him.

I want to thank all for being such great camping budies, it was nice to pull up and have a welcome group come and say hi. Sand was awesome to have it smooth and all to us.

I got to see the rail and quad incident, it was a red rail with checker board on the side. It was a buggy from our camp or right next to us. The rail went up the hill came pretty close to two quads, pissing off one quad who chose to roost him.

That was Mike (Speed Racer car).

I wonder how Tim got dragged into it...it sucks either way

Chris(Duelordie) and I got there friday night about 8 or so.

Hung out playing PS2.Went for an early morning ride with absolutely no tracks. :dunno:

It was very hard to see even at 6 am.

Played PS2 all day in Tims trailer(thanks for the hospitality again Tim) took a nap and waited for all the other people to show.

Dune tracker is still badass :beercheers:

Road is only getting worse especially after all the traffic this weekend.

I wont be going out again untill its fixed :thumb: tired of beating my stuff up. :headbang1:

Lets see if I can do my weekend report now a little tired and hung over :laughing:

Met a bunch of GREAT peeps some whos names I never got or can't remember, but ALL GREAT!! :headbang1:

I guess I don't drink mudslides any more, they're landslides :drunk:

Brice and Mary you guys are awesome, thanks for the hospitality, GREAT times :dunno:

The POOL PARTY!! :laughing:

Dinicolada and ??? (crap I can't remember sorry) for helping me wake BudlightBob up so he could rejoin the party :beercheers:

Don Thanks for the ride that was SWEET!! :driver::driver::D

Sincity Blondie,Dune Smurf,Crasher you gals are so nice, thanks for making me feel as if I'd been camping with you guys forever. :D

Thanks to who ever it was that rescued our flying bed!! :grin:

I know I have more, but I can't think right now still a little tired and hung over.

I only took a couple of pics :dunno: too busy :thumb::beerpint::chat: having fun I guess :dance:

post-2396-1182742447.jpg

post-2396-1182742466.jpg

post-2396-1182742479.jpg

When are we doing it again????