SNORE midnight special

superdave

I had a blast and I'm cleaned up for the most part. I had some really good pulls for quite a distance up the track. I heard that I was pulling the buggies faster than they were going under their own power. :D The truck ran like a champ, engine screaming in 4Lo, 4K RPM wheels spinning over 50 mph trying not to get run over on the mostly one lane course. I even passed a limping heavy metal truck. I didn't have the gall to nerf him though it was suggested by my passenger. :laughing:

My carnage is limited to rattling the pins out of the passenger door (all fixed now but should tack them in), my right front is screeching so I'm guessing the hub needs replacing, and of all things I think my EVO sensor took a dump on me. I was fine driving out the asphalt at very high speeds but once I hit Hwy 95 my steering felt scary sensitive.

Oh and I got the last knot out of my strap that the buggy that ran out of gas left me to deal with. :bawl:

IMG_6545.sized.jpg

IMG_6506.jpg

IMG_6499.sized.jpg

IMG_6498.sized.jpg

I pulled this "Ranger". It was much heavier than any ole Ranger. The first time I passed him while I was pulling a buggy with a broken rear swing arm someone yelled, "Don't pull him pull me". I came back for him and strapped up. I got passed by a class 5 buggy and couldn't see anything. While I was following the dust I missed a hairpin curve and got to pull him through a section of rocks. :laughing: I guess everyone was on the radio screaming about this guy that's flying down the track pulling out cars. Of course they were talking about two trucks, one gray one black. :banghead:

IMG_6541.jpg

IMG_6515.jpg

IMG_6536.jpg

IMG_6531.jpg

IMG_6537.jpg

IMG_6513.jpg

And I thought this was going to be the last picture of my life.

IMG_6512.jpg

There was a flag man to my right letting the racers know to slow down because they had made it to the checkpoint. Well the flagging must had confused her since she pulled right into our site at speed. :bawl:

And here's my a$$ at 2 am, genuinely happy.

IMG_6548.sized.jpg

Sweet. Thanks for the pics and report, Cracker. It looks like you were out near BLM's Revenge. Is that where you were? I worked that checkpoint with superdave last time. There's a whole lot of mishaps in that area cause those nasty rocks. :banghead: I too pulled out some buggy's and beat the piss outta my truck in that area. :bawl: Did you see or happen to meet superdave while you were out there?

yes it was a great night. it was cool to meet you guys,(superdave we talked at every race and didn't put 2 n2 together, cracker). we had an awesome roll-over at the start/finish area about 9pm. got to bed at 4am and up at 6am to start track clean up and had to hang it up about 11:30 am was getting sick and still had to load the toy hauler up. glad you all had fun.. see you at the 250 in sept. :driver::rockon:

Sweet. Thanks for the pics and report, Cracker. It looks like you were out near BLM's Revenge. Is that where you were? I worked that checkpoint with superdave last time. There's a whole lot of mishaps in that area cause those nasty rocks. :driver: I too pulled out some buggy's and beat the piss outta my truck in that area. :blury: Did you see or happen to meet superdave while you were out there?

I was with Dave at his checkpoint in BFE. :rockon:

yup. i hooked cracker up. i give him and his wife and little brother inlaw major props for really helping out. actually they did most of the work i think. it was cool seeing him pulling the buggys off in the distance. was hauling a$$. the guy was really stoked when he got back. funny thing all the breakdowns were after us between us and pit c. no hang ups in blm's revenge. got back in at 3.30 am and had to wait for my boy who was with his friend at a checkpoint. they ran out of gas on the way back and i got home finally at 5 am, slept a little and went back out to help clean up at the infield. all in all a great time. :D nice pics cracker. i finally got a new digital camcorder and didnt even think to bring it. :(

some one with a ddr shirt walked in front of our pits last night desert cartel racing tried to talk to him but he kept walking also saw a lifted chevy with blue beadlocks at the jack in the box on horizion at like 530.

Sweet. Thanks for the pics and report, Cracker. It looks like you were out near BLM's Revenge. Is that where you were? I worked that checkpoint with superdave last time. There's a whole lot of mishaps in that area cause those nasty rocks. :rockon: I too pulled out some buggy's and beat the piss outta my truck in that area. :blury: Did you see or happen to meet superdave while you were out there?

that is a nasty a$$ area... :driver:

I was with Dave at his checkpoint in BFE. :rockon:

cool :D

some one with a ddr shirt walked in front of our pits last night desert cartel racing tried to talk to him but he kept walking also saw a lifted chevy with blue beadlocks at the jack in the box on horizion at like 530.

hmm, I wonder who it was with the DDR shirt. :driver: This was at the race in front of your pits?

The truck sounds like wsky70. He was in town for my b-day party last night.

It was me.....

Yep, that was me....Had to stop in for some drinks and make sure I was going in the right direction....SF Woody

AHHH...that's who the unsocial jerk was that ignored you, yfzkyle. :rockon: What's up with that, Chris?

I did not hear/see anyone trying to stop me - but with all those people wanting my autograph, stopping was not an option.....

J/K......