tranny issues!

RAGDOLL MX

so i had to play army this last weekend, and on the way to drill i kinda got on it from a stop light, everything was doing good, up untill i was hitting the rev limiter. i looked back and it looked like an oil was was on fire...black smoke everywhere...and then i let off the pedal, and got back on it, and it finally shifted from 1st to 2nd. and then shifted just fine to 3rd and OD. well i made it to drill finally, and it still had issues about shiftin out of first. so i ended up callin Jason (craigs brother in law) and i dropped it off over at his shop ("double A...honk honk M C O....(AAMCO)...) well anyway come to find out.....my tranny is trashed...

according to Jas, it dosent have a good part in it. so everything is getting replaced. it is pricey but he is working me a killer deal....so Jas, thanks brother, good lookin out!

anyone else have a tranny prob, and not covered under warr...go see Jas. at AAMCO behind Hot Rod Grill on Hot Rod Hill. :DDRrocks:

Cole, what year is your truck?

Same thing happened to mine once. Had the retards at the tranny shop rebuild it 3 times under warranty before they decided to come out of pocket and buy a reman from Ford. I have heard some bad things about some AAMCO shops and their rebuild of the 4R100. I hope this guy is good and knows his sh*t.

If you are going to try and build power with a programmer or chip, then I recomend at least a shift kit put in it. The good one is called the Transgo Tugger kit. The best option would be to get a Factory Tech Valve body or a BTS valve body. It will shift 10x better and have less wear on the clutches. Either one is a couple hundred bucks.

A Ford remain runs about $2300 so hopefully he is not charging you that much. If you are willing to get the best call BTS or John Woods. I know the BTS is about $4000 and he dares you to brake it.

jason put all the good stuff into it and it runs like a champ! were going to do some fine adjustments to the shift kit next week.

but it has the upgraded converter, shift kit and clutch kit in it, plus were running the royal purple trans fluid, and i put in a larger trans cooler, so it works great!

jason put all the good stuff into it and it runs like a champ! were going to do some fine adjustments to the shift kit next week.

but it has the upgraded converter, shift kit and clutch kit in it, plus were running the royal purple trans fluid, and i put in a larger trans cooler, so it works great!

Good to hear! Did you get an aftermarket trans cooler or go with the stock one for the 6.0. It is huge. I put it on mine and even towing my beast of a trailer, the most the tranny gets up to is 185 and that was the middle of the summer at about 100 degrees. And I only have and oil to air cooler. Mine doesn't loop through the radiator like the later models. The bigger cooler is always a good idea. Have fun and try not to break it again!!

Good to hear! Did you get an aftermarket trans cooler or go with the stock one for the 6.0. It is huge. I put it on mine and even towing my beast of a trailer, the most the tranny gets up to is 185 and that was the middle of the summer at about 100 degrees. And I only have and oil to air cooler. Mine doesn't loop through the radiator like the later models. The bigger cooler is always a good idea. Have fun and try not to break it again!!

yeah i got the bigger cooler and it hasnt gone above 185 yet, so iam excited, iam going to get the shift points adjusted this next week, i want second to hit just a bit harder and a bit later than it does.

yeah i got the bigger cooler and it hasnt gone above 185 yet, so iam excited, iam going to get the shift points adjusted this next week, i want second to hit just a bit harder and a bit later than it does.

I got the 6.0 cooler and your right, it is huge!

Wow, A Ford with a tranny problem.... Thats a shocker!!!!!! Rhino King, Steveo,Cole,JJ, Who else? Why do these trannies seem to have so many problems?

Good question! I did mine about 6 months ago?