"the BBQ grill at 2AM" story

dunefreak

I thought this was so funny it deserved a thread of it's own. :laughoff:

So here we are cruising back from the SCORE race last night....or shall I say this morning. Sanddunesaddict (Bert) was DD and was driving my truck and hauler. We had his BBQ grill in the back of the truck ratchet strapped down at the rear of the bed kinda against the tailgate. I don't know what made me glance in the side mirror, but I noticed the grill just didn't look right. I was pretty hammered after drinking all night at the race :drunk: and was kinda confused at what I was seeing. :blink::think: I yell out, "wtf!??" and Bert and Steveo say "what?! :dunno: " I had to blink a few times and look a little closer. :think::blink: "Dude pull over!!!! :barf: " :lol:

It's 2AM and we're cruising down 95 with the grill UPSIDE DOWN hanging off the back of my tailgate..... :blink::laughing:

I still can't believe it stayed strapped in there like that. :blink: I wonder how long it was like that and if people actually thought thats how we transport our grill. :laughoff:

post-3-1185127721.jpg

post-3-1185127693.jpg

:laughoff: Nice job with the tie-downs. :laughoff:

Were all the pieces still there. :laughing:

That could have caused some serious trailer damage

if it would have fallen to the ground, then ran over :blink:

I thought this was so funny it deserved a thread of it's own. :laughoff:

So here we are cruising back from the SCORE race last night....or shall I say this morning. Sanddunesaddict (Bert) was DD and was driving my truck and hauler. We had his BBQ grill in the back of the truck ratchet strapped down at the rear of the bed kinda against the tailgate. I don't know what made me glance in the side mirror, but I noticed the grill just didn't look right. I was pretty hammered after drinking all night at the race :drunk: and was kinda confused at what I was seeing. :blink::think: I yell out, "wtf!??" and Bert and Steveo say "what?! :dunno: " I had to blink a few times and look a little closer. :think::blink: "Dude pull over!!!! :barf: " :lol:

It's 2AM and we're cruising down 95 with the grill UPSIDE DOWN hanging off the back of my tailgate..... :blink::laughing:

I still can't believe it stayed strapped in there like that. :blink: I wonder how long it was like that and if people actually thought thats how we transport our grill. :laughoff:

post-3-1185127721.jpg

post-3-1185127693.jpg

damn pete thats crazy hope it didnt mess up the truck

Were all the pieces still there. :dunno:

Amazingly enough- yes! We had a bungee holding the lid down so it stayed closed the whole time- thank god! :clap::thumb:

damn pete thats crazy hope it didnt mess up the truck

Nah, not too much. It busted the tailgate handle bexel (no biggie, I'll warranty it tomorrow at work) and then there's just some marks on the paint that will buff out. No dents or deep scratches though! pphew :dope:

I went out this morning to double check the tailgate....not being sober and all. :laughing:

It's alright. :D

post-3-1185132779.jpg

Holy Sh*t :dunno:

And I thought only Bob transported stuff wierd!!

:thumb::laughing:

Can you imagine all the people who saw that going down the road must of been laughing and pointing!! I can't believe no one honked at you!! I would have honked at you if I saw that!

Glad you didn't get any damage :dope:

I am glad to see that it did not damage the truck that bad.I can't believe nobody honked at you guy's to let ya know.That's vegas for ya.

So at least now the circus farkas family isn't the only one with the crazy mishaps happing :laughing::thumb: