Dog "Scout" died last night =(

Bound4Dirt

Well, I may be an adult. But, the dog was the best dog I ever owned (bought her when she was 7 weeks old). She was a sable red german shepherd. She was 6 years old. She came in from in the back yard yesterday and layed down. After a brief stay on the tile floor, she got up and went into the bathroom (to what we now know) to die. Not sure why. She did have some medical issues with keeping weight on (she was 5-10 lbs under weight) and we faught the baddle for a year maybe now. I guess pure breed shepherds have this issue the vet said. She was on meds for it.

Anyway, a few people know but thought she was owned the respect she gave me to post this. When the quad business started it was called after her "Scout". So, she did mean that much to me.

Thanks for letting me vent! :laughing:

R.I.P Scout.

12/25/00

post-1304-1185553777_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bound4Dirt

It's amazing how your pet becomes so much of the family. I remember how I felt when my dog ran away. That empty feeling is the worst- looking at the toys and where they laid down at night..

Sorry she passed but in time you will be better and remember all the good times you had with her!!!

That's so sad, sorry to hear it. I cried when I heard my childhood sheltie died, and he'd moved to Denver with my Dad at least 5 years prior. He was pretty old though. My brother's Boxer died a year ago February, he was young too, 7 or 8, he had cancer, apparently common in pure breed boxers. He was a great doggie I miss him, here he is with his new friend just a couple months before he died:

post-2222-1185561669_thumb.jpg

he seemed so healthy, but the last 2 months he just plunged. They had tried meds and stuff but it was too far along.

Sorry to hear about your loss. My wife and I have decided to put down 2 of our dogs when we get back from vacation. They are 15 years old and have just taken a turn for the worse in the last few weeks. It will be hard to do, but it's harder to watch them suffer.

Pets just become so much a part of a family's life! And to shed some light on why the dog went into the bathroom, well dogs, when they are dying will find a corner, dark area or somewhere where there are no people or other animals around and they will just lay down and pass away without anyone watching. It's their way of privacy in their last hours or minutes.

It's amazing how your pet becomes so much of the family. I remember how I felt when my dog ran away. That empty feeling is the worst- looking at the toys and where they laid down at night..

Sorry she passed but in time you will be better and remember all the good times you had with her!!!

They are like family. Funny how they bark and we know what they are trying to say after awhile...lol. Ex-wife used to call her my "furry wife". She loved me...lol :laughing:

Sorry to hear about your loss. My wife and I have decided to put down 2 of our dogs when we get back from vacation. They are 15 years old and have just taken a turn for the worse in the last few weeks. It will be hard to do, but it's harder to watch them suffer.

Pets just become so much a part of a family's life! And to shed some light on why the dog went into the bathroom, well dogs, when they are dying will find a corner, dark area or somewhere where there are no people or other animals around and they will just lay down and pass away without anyone watching. It's their way of privacy in their last hours or minutes.

I put down my child hood dog many years ago and it was hard. Went to Vet and he died in my arms. Sad!

Kinda firgured that's why she did it. Which makes me think she was gone 3-4hrs before we noticed. During that time I keep trying to remember to look to see where she was and got busy. The kids found her which made it harder on everyone. Blood from her mouth didn't make it easier neither. I assume it was from her stomach?

Edited by Bound4Dirt

How sad~ sorry to hear about your loss.........

Gosh, my dogs are like my kids. I greet them when I get home before anyone else. But again, they're at the door waiting for me........

Are you going to get a new puppy?

Ya. Family wants one. Not sure if I will do shepherd again though (no other reason but not over her). Maybe a chocolate lab? If you know of any, let me know :laughing:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

:praying:

My pup is getting up there in years also, I will be devastated when he gives up.

I had a childhood dog that went into the bathroom and passed away, seems like a common place.

AWWWW! Maybe. No one is around maybe?

sorry to hear about the passing of a good friend, i cant think of a time in my life that i didn't own a dog. its hard at first but, just remember all the great times she gave you and your family

All Dogs Go To Heaven

Edited by gotsand450r

sorry to hear about the passing of a good friend, i cant think of a time in my life that i didn't own a dog. its hard at first but, just remember all the great times she gave you and your family

All Dogs Go To Heaven

I do. I have an older daughter and I thought "maybe" she would see a grand kid. Sigh. My child hood dog did. Saw my daughter.

Ya. Family wants one. Not sure if I will do shepherd again though (no other reason but not over her). Maybe a chocolate lab? If you know of any, let me know :laughing:

Sorry to hear about your loss. To respond to your question about the chocolate lab though, pick up a penny saver. We got our white lab out of it from a house in Phelan that had a litter by mistake. No papers but both parents on the premises. There is always a bunch in that area. I think we waited like 3 weeks before we saw something that caught our eye. Just thought I would help out a fellow high desert local, good luck in your search. And remember when you do get a new puppy and go to get the shots, ask for the puppy package. It saves you a bunch of money and they never offer it but most places up here have it. And once again sorry for the loss of your freind.

Sorry to hear about your loss. To respond to your question about the chocolate lab though, pick up a penny saver. We got our white lab out of it from a house in Phelan that had a litter by mistake. No papers but both parents on the premises. There is always a bunch in that area. I think we waited like 3 weeks before we saw something that caught our eye. Just thought I would help out a fellow high desert local, good luck in your search. And remember when you do get a new puppy and go to get the shots, ask for the puppy package. It saves you a bunch of money and they never offer it but most places up here have it. And once again sorry for the loss of your freind.

Thanks buddy! I usually go to the feed place and give them myself. They are $6 I think. :laughing: