MLK weekend report

dunefreak

MLK weekend was a blast for me. Got a chance to camp with ynot and meet some of his friends and family. Very nice people. Thanks again Terry. :thumb: We had a lot of fun. I wish we were able to stay the whole weekend but had plans for Sat night. :laughoff: We went on some very fun rides though. I had a good run in my buggy in Sat AM with everyone on the ride we went on. We went on a nice long ride to the north pole and back through the dunes to comp hill. We hung out at the north pole a bit...

d345b817.jpg

then messed around for a while over at comp...

a9f1ffb7.jpg

bf24b4cc.jpg

cf38bc20.jpg

3ca5d0bb.jpg

dd0a7937.jpg

.....then the damn wind started to kick up as soon as someone said, "hey it's pretty nice, good thing the wind isn't blowing real hard." :angry2: :rolleyes:

S2010049.jpg

At that point it was lunch and movie time. :D We then kicked back and started to watch From Dust to Glory.

S20100500.jpg

Ross's boys weren't a fan of the wind either... :rolleyes:

SS2010052.jpg

SS2010051.jpg

Half way through the movie, Angela (PaulyPaul's girlfriend) then told me to go check out the nice dune-pic photo opportunity! The sun was coming in just right and the wind had subsided a bit. I jumped on my Raptor and went out to get some nice dune pics....

7dcca9a8.jpg

S2010064.jpg

S2010063.jpg

S2010062.jpg

S2010057.jpg

S2010066.jpg

S2010067.jpg

S2010068.jpg

S2010069.jpg

S2010070.jpg

Then I rushed back to camp and said, "ok everyone get your lazy a$$es up! The dunes and weather are awesome!! Let's go for a ride" :drunk::coocoo: Almost everyone then went on a nice long run together all over the dunes from one end to the other. That was a fun ride. :rolleyes::blury: Kinda fast at times and some mellow cruising moments as well. :grin::thumb:

It was nice to meet some new faces this last weekend. Rogers807, Hustler, lasvegasduner, and probably a few more whom I forgot their DDR screen names. :coocoo: Too bad the tres hermanos and some more other DDR peeps couldn't make it, but maybe next time. :thumb: Joe (Hustler) it was nice meeting you and your wife, Candy. We had fun kickin it w/ you guys as well. We definitely need to hook up for a trip again.

It sounds and looks like everybody had alot of fun as usual. It looks like I should of went to Dumont instead of Glamis. It was the first and last time I plan on camping in the washes. The ride out to the big dunes from the washes in my opinion was treacherous at best. I'll stick with Dumont. We had a good time anyway. A bad weekend in the sand is still better than a good weekend sitting at home.post-23-1137385511_thumb.gif

:rolleyes: I agree with Pete! It was still a really good trip. The two rides on sat were perfect. It was nice to meet some new faces out there. Friday night everyone fell asleep and Me, Joe (Hustler) and his wife Candy sat up with their two dogs drinking beer til around 4:30am. :rolleyes: (ok so me and Joe drank beer and Candy had Odouls cuz she is "expecting" soon) Good luck on the new addidtion to the family Joe and Candy, it was nice partying with you, while the rest of DDR was tucked away in la-la-land. -_- :laughoff:

:thumb: I agree with Pete! It was still a really good trip. The two rides on sat were perfect. It was nice to meet some new faces out there. Friday night everyone fell asleep and Me, Joe (Hustler) and his wife Candy sat up with their two dogs drinking beer til around 4:30am. :beerpint: (ok so me and Joe drank beer and Candy had Odouls cuz she is "expecting" soon) Good luck on the new addidtion to the family Joe and Candy, it was nice partying with you, while the rest of DDR was tucked away in la-la-land. -_- :thumb:

oh helllllllllllll no. :flipoff: I know you don't think your some hard-core partier, JJ!! :laughing: You only stayed up about a half-hour past me. I called it quits about 4 ish. That WAS fun though.

We had a awsome time this weekend and it was great to meet everyone. The wind saturday was a little undisirable but you cant complain about the benifits. I have few pics I took on saturday that I'll get posted as soon as I can get my camera to work, it ate a little sand on saturady and doesnt seem to want to open or turn on :thumb:

I cant wait to go again but we'll have to see how things go with the baby coming and wether or not I can get a hall pass.

Again it was great to meet everyone and thanks for having us.

oh helllllllllllll no. :laughing: I know you don't think your some hard-core partier, JJ!! :thumb: You only stayed up about a half-hour past me. I called it quits about 4 ish. That WAS fun though.

If I remember I even got up 2 hours before you too!!! Damn Ross' kids yelling in the morning!! But all was good. I popped 2 Alieves and drank 2 waters before I went to bed. NO HANGOVER!!

Hey Joe :beerpint: Pete if you remember how I got stuck before well I did it again and when I did something got effed up in my car and now it doesn't run right. GLAMIS SUCKS

sh*tty, Don :(:thumb: You have a had a pretty long string of bad luck lately. :laughing: Hope you get the car back to running ok soon. What's wrong w/ it?? Let us know if you need any help w/ anything. :flipoff:

Glamis Doesnt suck... I do agree the wash's SUCK!!! If mxchick and NMERider werent camping by themselves we would have camped over by the canal again which in my eyes is a MUCH BETTER spot... its still about the same distance from the big stuff but you dont have people runnin around/racin thru camp's no dust all in all a better place to camp.. but you can get stuck goin out as far as we do... The other GREAT place to camp is osbourne overlook if you can get a spot up there... Right off the pavement directly INTO the big bowls.. :D

Yes you still can camp at osbourne... it was PACKED this weekend.. :D

And they only usually take it over on LARGE holiday weekends... X-mas/Newyears, T-day, Halloween, HUGE holidays like that.. :D I have camped there many of times and its great..

You can still camp at Osbourne Overlook. There was quite a few people up there this past weekend. Glamis is really okay but I prefer Dumont. I always have and probably always will

post-23-1137468194_thumb.gif

Edited by Don29palms

I saw you on Sunday morning shootin up the hill around 9:30-10AM.

Cool.I had an awesome time.I decided not to race this year and just chill and watch and :happydrunks: Glamis weather was awesome too.My friends drag bike took first in the 535 and under stockbore,first in the girls class,and 3rd in the fatboy class.Awesome time :thumb::thumb: