AUG 11TH night ride news !

Warrior07

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are probably on a morning ride. :thumbsdown: man i got the itch so bad. dropping my rail off to the fabricators on Monday, having a couple welds fixed and I am pretty much ready. Just gotta buy a new carb and slap it on. I need my sand fix!!! :laughoff:

Well it was alright other than my quad broke about an hour after i got there, :thumbsdown: this guy on a banshee jumped the top of banshee hill and cased it on the landing, dont know how hurt he is. but not that many people out at the hill. less and less people go everytime i guess.

Well it was alright other than my quad broke about an hour after i got there, :thumbsdown: this guy on a banshee jumped the top of banshee hill and cased it on the landing, dont know how hurt he is. but not that many people out at the hill. less and less people go everytime i guess.

i broke. first time in two years. no bueno. good to see some folks though.

\

i broke also. lol lotta that going on here!! i was done by 11pm not sure what happned but i think it was a dropped valve.

all in all had fun nice night little warm but there was a breeze to ease things.

Capt

PS the road is very bearable now :laughoff:

we were there for about 2 hours and my friend was riding and the dune was like a mirage and he flew off about a 15-20 foot drop off and landed on the front tires and broke his wrist. so then we left. we were there for about 3 hours. it sucked it was just starting to cool off. :thumbsdown:

Bike was running good, I was giving the other bikes a hard time... love it. It sucked having to fill up on alky after every run though... I gotta get a bigger fuel bottle.

I saw some DDr members here and there but not as many as I would have liked.

but not that many people out at the hill. less and less people go everytime i guess.

There were quite a few people at the hill later at night. I thought it was a pretty good turnout. I guess not as many hillshooters show up because none of them want to bring the lights out. :banghead:

This was one of the better trips I think. I had a great time. It was great to get some fun rides in before the sunset.

The sand was so smooth! :banghead: It was almost TOO smooth. It sucked the power right out of my rail in certain areas. It felt like I was hitting the brakes when I'd hit that stuff.

The dunes were very hard to read in some areas. Lots of dangerous dropoffs and witches eyes. We tried some actual NIGHT rides through the dunes.....yeah that didn't work out to well. :isbb: You couldn't see chit! There was like NO moon at all. It was still fun puttin through the dunes trying to figure out what was what in front of you. :blink::blury::laughing:

I ran the hill a few times at Banshee. :banghead: For the most part I got my sand fix before it got dark and then hung out with everyone at the hill or in camp :chat::banghead::MBdance:

observations to come :banghead: ......

ok, here are some of my obsverations...

-it was still hot as hell out there, but pretty damn nice after the sun went down

-the entrance road is MUCH better, but I wouldn't call it a "B" on a A-F scale.

-epic sunset rides are almost life changing :banghead:

-I had to go touch all the virgin sand that i could :driver::banghead:

-I couldn't see OGP's rail 5 feet next to me with our lights off

-lots of shooting stars

-Budlightbob did a face plant walking out of his camper :isbb:

-SinCityBlondie got DRUNK!!! :drunk::barf::blury:

-Didn't get to hang out too much with tanner54 or Jeff (Eliminator)... sucks your buddy broke his arm. I hope he heals up quick.

-the girls singing karaoke to Queen at Banshee Hill was rediculous! :chat:

-My car runs great, but everyone else I know with a rail keeps hopping up their chit and I think I have the slowest car in camp now. WTF!!?? :blink::laughing:

-kris was DRUNK...maybe it runs in the family :idea::dunno::lol:

-Mary (Drunkest gril in the World) never fails to entertain everyone. :laughoff:

-chris1223 was there but far as hell away :dunno::MBdance:

-"WHERE'S NICK"??? (ISBB)

-got to meet lots of new faces and saw many familiar ones too :banghead:

good times, great peeps, awesome weekend. :banghead:

-"WHERE"S NICK"??? (ISBB)

I didnt post anything about going or not going.. figured i would play it by ear... and after getting the new bike home and doing some investigating im kinda glad i didnt go..

The shooting stars was a meteor shower. :D

I didnt post anything about going or not going.. figured i would play it by ear... and after getting the new bike home and doing some investigating im kinda glad i didnt go..

The shooting stars was a meteor shower. :D

I know you didn't POST anything, but you told me last weekend you were going. wwwwhatever :banghead::banghead:

Yeah I knew about the meteor shower, that's what the shooting stars were. der :banghead:

Sucks you couldn't make it, again. Why are you glad you didn't go?

Trip was fun, good to see everyone out. Finally met Woody after 2 years of partying directly next to one another. NLVREDNECK is a cool dude, met him and Mrs. REDNECK, haha. Pete, Blondie, Pauly, BUdlight Bob, Buggychick cool to hang out with you guys. Great to see Powerhouse Dan is doing good.

Observations:

Poop pants look funny

Chuck's quad likes to mess with him and keep him guessing

Duct tape + million candle spotlight = perfect headlight

3am rides to the North Pole are fun

Good times

Edited by Ocean03

some pics...

entrance road- better, but can still use some work

normal_S2010101~8.JPG

the BLM's lil hut since they did away with Western Maintenance :banghead:

normal_S2010108~7.JPG

normal_S2010109~7.JPG

Just getting in at the top of the plateau

normal_S2010111~5.JPG

normal_S2010112~3.JPG

awesome sand dunes!

normal_S2010115~5.JPG

normal_S2010121~5.JPG

normal_S2010123~5.JPG

sandseeker and wsky70 (sorry, kinda blurry pic)

normal_S2010116~6.JPG

duniemonkie

normal_S2010118~9.JPG

OGP & Bad Medicine

normal_S2010119~5.JPG

STEEP DROPOFFS :banghead:

normal_S2010120~6.JPG

OGP! :banghead:

normal_S2010122~6.JPG

chillen after a ride

normal_S2010125~6.JPG

priceless :D

normal_S2010126~7.JPG

mine and ynot's cars cooling down and taking a break after a kick a$$ ride!

normal_S2010128~5.JPG

normal_S2010131~5.JPG

Look...a duniemonkie sighting in the dunes! :isbb:

normal_S2010130~6.JPG

crazy "sand shelves" or "walls of sand"

normal_S2010137~6.JPG

normal_S2010146~3.JPG

a few cool shots of my car

normal_S2010139~3.JPG

normal_S2010143~3.JPG

normal_S2010148~5.JPG

pics from this morning

normal_S2010152~6.JPG

normal_S2010154~4.JPG

one more ride out to the north pole this AM with Brice and Mary. Good dune ride Brice :banghead:

normal_S2010155~5.JPG