Awesome weekend 2/23/06 - 2/26/06

HappyHour

Hey everybody,

Well I got back earlier today from Dumont this weekend, and let me just say, it was Friggen Awesome!!.... :headbang: Weather was "perfect", the dune were not that tore up, and there wasn't that many people there so basically I had the dunes to myself............ :thumb: Lots of sun!! I was dunning in shorts, a short sleeve shirt, and my Vans all Saturday!!!!!! Could not have asked for anything better. Anyway, on to more pressing issues. My friend and I duned over to the north pole on Friday mid-afternoon to check out the new DDR mailbox. It was cool guys, and it even had letters to Santa in it which was really swell. Then we went back Saturday mid-day, and it was destroyed..... :angry: Shot all up with what appeared to be .45 caliber holes, knocked off the pole, and just F'ed up. But to much of my delight, a gentleman rolled out there in his Excursion with a welder and a generator and a new mailbox, this one made of steel!!!!!....... :thumb::thumb: His name on this board is MR.FJ40 and I would like to thank him again for what he did this past weekend. I was able to chit-chat with him a bit and he's a really cool guy especially to go out of his way to do this. He proceeded to weld this steel mailbox on there so these A-holes can't mess it up again......... :cry: Like I said at the N.P. I hope that the next guy who tries to shoot this mailbox, get's a ricochet in the foot to teach him a lesson. I will post pics very shortly!!

Edited by HappyHour

This is Friday looking down on the flats.....by Saturday there was few more, but not much....

post-17-1141017640_thumb.jpg

post-17-1141017688_thumb.jpg

The DDR box that got shot up.....

post-17-1141017742_thumb.jpg

The new "steel" North Pole mailbox.....

post-17-1141017775_thumb.jpg

The man who made it all happen this weekend holding the tig welder........

post-17-1141017799_thumb.jpg

It's a steel tube that looks to be at least 1/8th inch thick. So blowing holes in it would be very hard to do, plus it's welded on the pole. So somebody will have to try extremely hard to detroy this one.

Edited by HappyHour

:cry: Man, whatta bunch of jerks. Oh well, I am actually surprised it lasted this long. Hopefully this one will last a while longer, but I have a feeling if this jerks wanna destroy it they are gonna destroy it no matter what. All we can do is keep fixing it though. Good job Mr.FJ40 :thumb: Thanks for gettin a new one up.

Sounds like you had some fun Happyhour. :headbang: I'm jealous :D:P

:coocoo: I just dont get it.. What on earth could these a$$ holes :thumb: possibly get out of the distruction of something that not only belongs to REAL DUNNERS but to them as well... This spot in the sand is a place for everyone to enjoy, take our kids, and meet new SAND WORSHIPERS.. :thumb: FOR GODS SAKE HAVE SOME FU**IN RESPECT FOR YOURSELVES :cry: and the people :thumb: that work so goddamed hard to make DUMONT a place to go, have a good time and try to forget that we live in a world full of anger and discontent. :angry: Dont punnish the rest of us that have a life and have respect for the great things in life..F**K this really pisses me off..I have a great Idea, How bout we set up a target to the east and give these a@@holes :slap: something else to shoot at :thumb: I personally love you guys who work so hard to keep DUMONT the great gift it is..THANKS SO MUCH. here's to you guys :headbang: Edited by Big Dave

Dunefreak..............Yeah, we had blast!! The face of the dunes were beat up, but when you got into the dunes, they weren't that bad at all. We did a whole lot of dune rides, partied a little bit... :headbang: and just had a very nice peaceful weekend. But to the people who destoryed that DDR box... :cry: Next trip for me is Glamis on the 23rd - 26th of March..... :thumb: I may try to make a day run out of the cleanup at Dumont, but I'll have to see what happens here on the homefront.

Hey pete i think im going to go get some spray paint, steal your paint tape, and give the new Mailbox a little touchup.. :D The primer just doesnt do it for me.. :D

I have not got to see the mail box yet. but I will bet that the same jerk will do it again

:woo_hoo: just because he can. they don't think of it as theirs thay think it is cool to destory

thing that people like to use. it would be nice to catch the jerk and beat the shi? out of him.

:laughoff::D