suspension setup?

beau

Hi, i'm new to the site and I have a question that maybe someone can help me with. My friend has a dual sport chenowth and we just swapped out the vw with a v6 and got some new fox 2.5s and need some help with tuning them. Does anyone know where I can find a setup guide? Online would be preferred but even a recommendation on a decent book that could help. Thanks

a chenoweth! king shocks might have the settings recorded .might want to call and ask. if not your on trial and error.

turning your compression in will stiffen the ride and vice versa

rebound turning it in will slow your rebound ( shocks coming back up )

remember just a half a turn will dramaticly effect the car one way or the other. we go by 1/4 turn increments. cause its so drastic at half turns.

after you get it where you like it .video tape it in a whoop area ,or where you use the car the most that works the suspension, and take it to king shocks .if there is an issue they can spot it and tell you where you need to make corrections.

if your so far off the mark that you want a restart .weigh front and back measure your travel. figure out where your going to use it the most. desert, sand, whatever take it to king shocks tell them how you want the car to ride ,and theyll get you close or spot on.

were currently dinking with my buddies set up now and its not very hard and kind of fun !

hope this helps :dope:

Edited by barefoot bob

Hi, i'm new to the site and I have a question that maybe someone can help me with. My friend has a dual sport chenowth and we just swapped out the vw with a v6 and got some new fox 2.5s and need some help with tuning them. Does anyone know where I can find a setup guide? Online would be preferred but even a recommendation on a decent book that could help. Thanks

Every set up is different, so there is no guide due to the fact that like i said every car is different due to weight and valving in the shocks...depending on the weight of the car ..are they bypass or coilover? if coilovers are they dualrate or single rate coilovers, to start I would find out the valving you have and go from there, before you waste time doing alot of testing you may not have enough valving for adjustment. also depends are you using strictly for sand or as a sand/dirt type driving Are you in vegas? If so there is a few people that can assist with setup on the fox shocks.. :dope:

Thanks guy's, I appreciate the help :driver: . After some adjustment tonight I think that we are starting to get on the right track. I think the major problem started when we were set up with the wrong spring rates from the shop we got the shocks from :laughing: . So for now after a test drive with new springs it looks like a little fine tuning with compression collar and we are set to go, or so we hope. :D