Vetarans Day Weekend Recap

dunefreak

Where was everybody for the DDR meet-up ride, huh? Oh well, maybe Thanksgiving weekend. :laughoff:

I just got back form Dumont this afternoon. :laughoff: Weather was awesome. Sand was nice and smooooth. I didn't get out there till Sat at about 12 o clock though :beercheers: I didn't find out till Friday I was scheduled to work that following Saturday. :laughoff: I got right to riding though as soon as I got there. Then, I found out my rear tire on my YZ250 was flat when I got ALLLL the way out to the north pole. :drunk: Whatever I just cruised back on the flat tire- what are ya gonna do? Even flat that thing hooked up good though. :laughoff:

My friend Ryan, his car went good. FAST! We did some filming of it up comp. It throws a serious roost. I'll get the video clips up soon. He had some minor issues, but nothing major. :rockon: While filming him up comp I was able to grab video of 4 guys in a long-tavel car almost go over. They tiped the car up on it's side while turning around real fast. :drunk: I'll post that video soon.

Here are a couple pics I took this weekend.

Me getting towed back after my chain broke...

post-3-1131935819_thumb.jpg

post-3-1131935880_thumb.jpg

Ryan shootin up comp hill...

post-3-1131935672_thumb.jpg

post-3-1131935734_thumb.jpg

post-3-1131936211_thumb.jpg

post-3-1131936258_thumb.jpg

I will have to agree... a nice windstorm to smooth things out cuz it was gettin a WEEEEEEE bit ruff out there... my front end was dancin thru the ruts head was shakin like there was no tomorrow...

Thanks Big_Gunz_ :grin:

I don't know what you guys are talkin about though. I thought the dunes were pretty smooth. :unsure: ISBB, you need to get a front ribbed tire before next ride out. :thumb:

I guess you can't really tell how rough they are from the pictures. You can say I'm getting to be an old fat guy that likes the smooth stuff. :laughoff: Back in the day, it didn't matter, but now days I don't recover as fast as I use too. :cripple:

:laughoff: hello everone it was a good weekend I was camping close to ddr trailer that how i found this site . it was a real good weekend warm weather and no W ind , quit a few more people than i had expected , came back with all my fingers and toes and a bike that still run it had to be a good weekend

Hey guys,

Sorry I missed you for the group ride. We were planning on it and then had some mechanical problems. We got everything fixed and made it out to comp hill for the evening festivities though. Quite a few more people out there than in the past couple of Vet's Days. I guess it was due to the three day weekend. I've got to go up to Northern California for Turkey Day, but I'll try to catch up with you guys sometime during the X-Mas break.

I was out for Halloween but opted not to go for Veterans Day...was it packed? I remember over Halloween weekend people were getting air-lifted out left and right at Comp (mainly at night). I think one little girl died because some drunken bastard was flying around on his quad and couldn't react fast enough coming around a corner and hit her, killing her.

The one thing I hate most about busy weekends though, has to be the sand ruts. NASTY.

I need a Scotts Stabilizer! :)

It was plesantly NOT packed.. :D i had a great time all though the dunes were getting rutted up and tossin my front end around i still had a blast... never thought my bike had the power to pull a wheelie up some of those dunes and keep going w/ my fat a$$ on it.. :D I only saw flight for life once and that was sat morning...

I camp right along the last finger dune. You can't miss our camp with the "big gay balloon". :thumb:

aerial_pic_ofdirections.jpg

We'll have it up on Tday! We have made it a tradition now every big trip to have a DDR meet-up ride.

We usually meet at a certain time at the bottom of the big face hill on the left of the opening to the woops to comp....

DDRmeetup.jpg

Keep posted here on DDR for the meet-up ride time and place. :laughoff: