kick off weekend observations & trip reports

RAGDOLL MX

Great weekend! Nice to see some of the people I've met before and always nice to meet new ones.

Nice to meet you : Barefoot Bob, Kelly, Davey,desertskyz & Buggychick.

I didn't get the name of the shovel Pete was dancing around with Saturday night though.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good times for sures!! :watching:

I'll try some observations and a few :laughing: pictures!

Observations:

1) Kris can take you on a ride to places you never thought you would go :shocked2:

2) Loved the DDR "hood"

3) Took a bunch of pictures that I don't remember taking :blury::laughing:

4) Next year Don and I will be by passing kickoff weekend to be cyclists so we can piss off the drivers coming home :blink:

5) buggy broke, oh well, no biggie, next time :thumb:

6) Cole, Monkie, and the trampoline :laughing:

7) Bob's first LT ride :MBdance:

8) Meeting and putting faces to too many peeps to name, ALL of which are awesome :DDRrocks:

9) "Girls Kick A$$" :lol::lol::lol:

10) Whos camp were we just in????????? :blury::drunk::laughoff:

11) Mary thanks for taking me out on the ride, you are an awesome ride leader, can't wait to do it next time :D

12) Special thanks to Stacey, Craig, Tiffany, Don, JJ, Dave, Jackie for having us for camp guests :barf::dope::D

Some fun in camp pictures:

post-2396-1191850481_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1191850448_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1191850425_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1191850502_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1191850534_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1191850594_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1191850636_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1191850674_thumb.jpg

View from the ride Kris took us on Holy Crap I haven't been that scared in a loooong time!! :shocked2: But I did it :clap::D

post-2396-1191850862_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1191850911_thumb.jpg

Ouch!

post-2396-1191850990_thumb.jpg

Bob's first LT ride!

post-2396-1191851033_thumb.jpg

The meeting of the rails

post-2396-1191851105_thumb.jpg

The little Sunday morning ride to the North Pole. Thanks for letting me tag along!

post-2396-1191851178_thumb.jpg

Girls Kick A$$ :lol:

post-2396-1191851271_thumb.jpg

I will spend some time putting the other pics in the gallery later, its going to take awhile!

Once again GOOD TIMES!! GOOD PEEPS!! I am soooo glad I found DDR! :beercheers:

I had a great day trip, was cool to hangout the guys at the hill

Good to meet you in person Kristin

Pete as always nice talking with you and Anna

Watching that tracker go up and down Banshee Hill was rather amusing

Nice weather right when we pulled in even when the wind picked up a little.

and not a new observation but :watching:

6) 1/4 tons suck (hope cmyfirepole and son made it home ok)

You can say that again! :shocked2: We made it home just fine, and will be dropping it off today. It was good seeing you out at Dumont again. :watching:

Sand~~Snake is the man! :barf: Thank you for all your help. Best quote of the day....from Jim while holding a vaccuum line:

Does your 4wd work?
:shocked2: :laughing::laughing:

The meeting of the Bob's

post-2396-1191814191_thumb.jpg

Now that's funny....and I don't know why. :dope:

It was nice to meet some new folks and it's always good to see the familiar "suspects" again. We had a great trip and some epic dune runs also! :laughing: Loved the smooth dunes and can't remember seeing so many strange formations out there....kinda cool! The rail performed well and I think after 3 years it might get powder or paint next summer. :DDRrocks:

I missed the meet and greet.......again, but had to wait and see what happened to my son on his Baker ice-cream run.

Will post some pics when we get the "camera-in-a-box" developed. :beercheers:

What a crazy weekend, good times. Fun as always, caught up with a few of the DDR peeps on Friday night, thanks for the air Pete. Our new way of transporting an air mattress worked great. It was my cousin's first time out to Dumont, they loved it. Also got to see an ANGRY PIRATE, hilarious.

:watching:

post-2396-1191850534_thumb.jpg

My observations:

1. It was great to run into some peeps I didn't know went to Dumont, :laughing: Todd and Carol. (Our daughters are best friends and retired Cheertards.)

2. I promise I will never forget your name again Kelly. :dope:

3. Jumped in on a ride with some Funco cars. DAMN! Whoever they were they were FAST, Great ride.

4. Wheeling up Comp Hill and have the wind catch the floor panel will throw you back on the skid plate. :watching:

5. Don, If I had it my way I would have kept your flag and sold in the classified section. $200.00.

:shocked2: :shocked2: :laughing:

6. Small Rant! I wish quads WOULD NOT jump in on a car ride. STOP IT, please! Pulled out on the South Pole, to the North Pole ride cause of it.

7. Great sunset ride. Thanks Pete and Terry.

8. Free Microderm abrasion. (As the Sands Blow............hard!) Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

9. I wish I would have taken more pictures. :barf:

10. Falling off the side of a dune and rolling down the hill, in front of people you don't know! (I'm ok) I felt stupid, Danny just laughted at me. :beercheers:

October 2006

post-1439-1191856357_thumb.jpg

October 2007, what a change

post-1439-1191856394_thumb.jpg

Sunset Ride

post-1439-1191856427_thumb.jpg

Edited by desertskyz

:laughing: That was me, but I'm not his wife :DDRrocks:

Nice to meet you and your family Bob, Thanks for the awesome ride :watching: even for the minute I thought I was about to die :ahh: .

o sorry theres so many people to meet cole told me him and his wife were coming out. so i asumed when i picked you guys up at camp :laughing:

im still having trouble putting the innernet name to the face to the real name. theres so many and i wanted to meet everybody but i was overwhelmed. :D the cool thing is the people ive met 2 or three times i remember no problem and a few that are constantly throwing up picks.

but i dont know if i met cpt :shocked2: and i dont remember seeing firepole :laughing: but then again there was so many peeps holy smokes.

anywase it was fantastic the rides were awsome, im very happy my buggy hung in there on the fast dunes.

don gave me a derm abrasion with that turbo.

afternoon ride when we stopped, wingnut saise dammit bob im not following you your blasting me while im saying dammit don your blasting me while skyz complaines the quads are blasting her :dope: it was great.

and my buggy learned gymnastics ( just ask cole ) :beercheers: buggy chick never said a word :laughoff: i was laughing so hard there was a second i was :barf: but the buggy did its job and landed great :shocked2:

hurry up cole get the vids up !!!!

but i dont know if i met cpt :barf: and i dont remember seeing firepole :dope: but then again there was so many peeps holy smokes.

I walked up and introduced myself to you........again. :watching: Cole was getting in the car....I think you were going out after Sand~~Snake did his table top.

I walked up and introduced myself to you........again. :watching: Cole was getting in the car....I think you were going out after Sand~~Snake did his table top.

o dang sorry firepole i was a lil worried cause i left my freinds there and they didnt know anyone there. and i was worried if i would find the spot where they were at. pre occupied.

i didnt even realize terry was was leading i just kept saying dam that guy in the alumactaft is a great lead !! and it wasnt untill the meet and greet that it was terry !!! i even talked too terry when we were stopped at sand snakes car :barf: and still didnt put 2 and 2 together i was just to happy and excited i guess :dope:

We were going so fast that Don's whip broke from the extreme speed! :dope::barf:

normal_S2010232~1.JPG

I fell out of the damn car trying to retrieve your flag for you Don!. Wheres the love?

Met Ball n Chain and she showed me and kelly or husbands ba!!s. Talked about wearing it on you sleeve.

Nick made It. :watching:

Didn't meet firepole, I was probably standing right next to him.

Pre cooked bacon rocks.

Thanks for the warm welcome Sandseeker. (I think that was you)

Bob has recruited Monkie to the barefoot club.

Danny is antisocial, :beercheers: but getting better

Wingnut great to see you and Tiff again.

Edited by desertskyz

Had a great time. Tried to make it to the pole for the meet and greet on saturday but my baby got sick so i sent hubby instead. I hope ya'll had a good time. Next time maybe i will make it. Would love to put faces to all these names. See ya all Halloween!

I had a great time as usuall!!! good to see pete and the boys again and i will be out for more trips... girlfriend and son dylan loved the dunes it was thier first time out but im sure they are hooked!! hope steve-o took you guys the big pan of brisket and chicken... lol or he prob kept it for himself!! hahah tell next trip guys!!

ok I never added my "observations" yet, so here it goes...

-ynot picked some fun lines and lead a great ride like always

-barefoot bob's nose wheelies are awesome :MBdance:

-ragdoll mx has a glowing cooler with crappy beer :clap::laughing:click here

-doghouse pays alot for decals :thumb: nice guy though- we stopped and chatted w/ him for a bit

-DDR cul de sacs

-Mary put em on the Tracker :laughing:

-The Funco guys we met up with at "Talledega" meant business. :barf:

-I never met Big Red :blury::(

-bp-guy's AG car is even better looking in person :dope:

-ynot still doesn't like loud music :lol: :rant_on: :drunk: j/k :watching::laughing:

-If you don't get good air in your long travel, the ranger will talk chit about you. :DDRrocks:

-3 wheel sandrail action :shocked2: :beercheers: good times

-apparently me holding Don29palms' lil dog in his car is hilarious :blink::laughoff:

-BudLightBob & buggychick's rail looked sweet! Too bad for the torsion problem :(

-lots of dune time with some great people like always :blury: :fro_smokin: :shocked2:

It was an awesome weekend glad I made it out. It was really cool meeting some new people and putting together faces and names, and seeing everyone I've been hanging out with the last 2-3 times I've been out. To everyone that hopped on what was gonna be a small group ride b4 sunset saturday and ended up having to wait up for me every couple minutes SORRY, we were gonna go on a lil 4 person ride cuz I'm still a lil leery after my superman episode in Coral, lol. Thanks for lookin out tho I'm just a lil wary around alot of people cuz I don't want everyone staring at me or waiting back to follow me, it makes me nervous.

Few more notes:

1) Tim, thanks for breaking my rail-wheelie virginity lmao.

2) Joe, thanks for the ride on Sunday before we left too, and Pete it was awesome following you I would like to go on another ride like that too, it was great fun.

3) Stacy has a hard noggin thank goodness. :) Hope you're feelin alright girlie.

4) Barefoot Bob really is always barefoot. Glad your son is gonna be ok.

5) Sobe Bomb Wars in rapid fire mode are a bad idea... let's remember that next time lol.

6) Getting out to Comp with the Yukon and going for beers, and hearing someone ask "why is there a speaker in the cooler?" LMFAO

Thanks woody for the awesome vid and the pics sharing, and jodi and pete for more pics too. Next time I will take pics, haha. I have not been in camera mood lately.

Can't wait to see everyone next time out! :watching:

Edited by My4DrGSR

Yes awesome times this weekend! Thanks to everybody for making Dumont once again good times!

Few of my observations for the weekend:

1) Pete thanks for the awesome buggyline on Sunday and to Joe for taking me along.

2) Apparantly bucking the Yukon leads to speakers in the cooler, to everyone in my truck thanks for trusting me on the ride out to comp. Note to self: go slow over the woops!

3) Stacey's noggin does hold up quite nicely: Hope you are feeling better.

4) To Barefoot Bob I hope your son is doing well.

5) Pauly Paul isn't aloud to play superman out of Babert's trailer!

6) Tim once again thanks for the ride in the rail!

7) The Dune Tracker was blessed by Mary, can we say honk honk!

Can't wait to see everyone Halloween Weekend!

ok I never added my "observations" yet, so here it goes...

-ynot picked some fun lines and lead a great ride like always

-barefoot bob's nose wheelies are awesome :MBdance:

-ragdoll mx has a glowing cooler with crappy beer :clap::laughing:click here

-doghouse pays alot for decals :thumb: nice guy though- we stopped and chatted w/ him for a bit

-DDR cul de sacs

-Mary put em on the Tracker :laughing:

The Funco guys we met up with at "Telledega" Meant business :barf:

-I never met Big Red :blury::(

-bp-guy's AG car is even better looking in person :dope:

-ynot still doesn't like loud music :lol: :rant_on: :drunk: j/k :watching::laughing:

-If you don't get good air in your long travel, the ranger will talk chit about you. :DDRrocks:

-3 wheel sandrail action :shocked2: :beercheers: good times

-apparently me holding Don29palms' lil dog in his car is hilarious :blink::laughoff:

-BudLightBob & buggychick's rail looked sweet! Too bad for the torsion problem :(

-lots of dune time with some great people like always :blury: :fro_smokin: :shocked2:

No Doubt! Does anyone know who they are. I think thoughs are the same guys we rode with. FAST! FAST! FAST!

also big :watching: to bp guy and big red great camp mates good times :beercheers: we would camp with you guys anytime :barf:

lol terry you would have liked our camp veeeeeery quiet.

also what happened to randogs buddies they were supposed to go to the pole :dope:

Edited by barefoot bob

No Doubt! Does anyone know who they are. I think thoughs are the same guys we rode with. FAST! FAST! FAST!

I don't think they are on DDR....yet. :dunno:

i must of missed that :dope:

Primarily red cars. One had the full panel sides. One had metallic flames. I think that one was a Funco car.

It was when we stopped to fix Joe's intercooler hose and Don was jumping that step up. The Funco guys were sitting there when we pulled up, then they started making some pretty fast rounds around Talladega. :laughoff: They were the guys with the helmets on in those cars.

normal_S2010239.JPG

normal_S2010244~0.JPG

normal_S2010245~0.JPG