VENDORS NEEDED

I love the Vendors, and I remember back in the day when there were hardly any at all. Now you can find almost anything you need. Do most places take cash only? Can they take cards? Cause I might bring a small amount of cash and then realize I see something really cool to get and can't.

on halloween weekend i got some things from parts direct. they took my card. also bought a flagpole for the m/h from Got Sand, they took my card too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. We have been going to Dumont for the Past 5 Years.

2. I have a 2005 Dodge 3/4 Ton Diesel Truck with a 12,500 lb winch.

3. We have pulled many people out of tight spots.

4. I would be a bad business man. I get offended when I stop to help someone and the first thing they ask

is "How Much is it Going to Cost Me?"

5. I am a "Working Man." I spend 70 Hours a Week at work so I can afford to take my family to Dumont.

I could never take someone's money. I know first hand the Value of a Dollar and How Hard I have to

Work for the Dollars I have. We are a giant Offroad Family. As far as I am concerned, if a Brother is

in need of help, then I am Obligated to help. My Usual Reply is this, "pay it forward." Next time you

see someone in need don't drive past them and say "Sucks for them and go back to camp for another

Beer and Burger.

6. For Example: On Thanksgiving Day, I got up at 3:00 AM to Stoke the Fire. I noticed a Motorhome

buried past its axles just on the otherside of our camp.

7. I told my wife that as soon as I saw Life at the RV I would go over to lend a hand.

8. Holy Cow! These Guys were STUCK. Of course I left my Winch Controller at Home so had to

spend 2 Hours Digging out the Motor Home.

9. Guess What? It was a Dodge Diesel that Pulled them out!

10. I am not "Tooting My Horn." I am just trying to express to everyone that this type of behavior

should be normal.

11. The Only thing I was angry about, was that we were only 20' from a Massive Camp. There must

have been 10 guys standing at the outside of their camp watching us struggle. Do you know how

fast we could have dug out that motorhome with 10 guys? What was more frusterating was that they

had several $100,000.00 plus sand cars in their camp. Shoooot!!! Just help a brother out once in a

while.

12. I don't know about all of you, but I am on cloud 9 when the people I help are truly thankfull. These

guys were truly happy to have my help. The sincere Thank You I recieved was all the payment I needed.

13. We need to all Remember that We were all "Dune Newbies" at one time and have made the same

"Stupid" mistakes as everyone else. Heck, the first time I took my Toy Hauler out I couldn't figure

out why my lights were going dim. My Generator was running just fine & all My Breakers & Fuses were

good. I forgot to Plug my Generator into my RV. "Hello." I felt like a "Turnup" when the guy camped

next to me figured out my problem. But who cares? I was new and Clueless!

13. Now on another topic, I live in Pahrump and Frequent Desert RV alot. I bought a King Pin Extender

for my RV. I found the one I wanted on the Internet & Brought it to Desert RV. I paid $20.00 more

than the Internet price, but I could not go to Las Vegas and get it cheaper. Shoot, the Diesel alone would

kill me, not to mention, Jack in the Box costs me $10.00 these days. Maybe I shouldn't have an Ultimate

Cheeseburger with a side of Big Cheeseburger along with a breakfast sandwich, but hey, it takes a lot

to keep up this "Figure."

14. The only Ammentity I would like to see at Dumont is a Sludge Pond. In Pahrump, a majority of people

are on septics and the Septic Pumpers dump at the County Sewage Ponds. Maybe that is an investment

that could be researched. I just think the EPA would have so many regulations that it would cost too

much to develop the ponds.

15. I will pay $100.00 per weekend if there was a "Dust Free Road." I know this is being worked on.

16. As far as Vendors go, I have a small business and it is hard to make a buck.

17. My Buddy broke his chain the first 5 minutes he was out on his Raptor 700 because he adjusted his

chain too tight. I do not know who the vendor was, but he had a parts shop and also did welding. He

not only Fixed the Chain, he also installed the Chain and gave us a Class on Chain Maintenance &

Adjustment 101. Guess what he charged for his services? $20.00. Wow!

See ya all at the next big weekend.

If you are in trouble, We camp with the Murphy's at the Baby Dunes.

Danny is the psycho who has the Red Front Engine Car.