pet tech tips

Warrior07

my wife has a big one of those for me, that way at night i dont go stumbling ( or driving) off over to pete's camp...... :laughing::laughoff: ( "Who's that drunk fkr.....oh it's just jay") :blink:

my wife could have used one for me after i went to comp hill night before clean-up. :blink: walking of course :blink: :dance:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to put my dogs in doggie play pens when I went to dog shows. Put one of those mats that people used outside their motorhomes, on the sand so their little feet don't get sore. A play pen is about 80.00 at Petsmart.

Free feeders and waterers are great also. And a create for at night.

Puppy is safe.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I wont say it. I tried bringing my puppy to the dunes a couple times. Didnt work out so well for me. She is very high maintenace. I have a puggle. I guess beagles are famous for needing constant attn. So needless to say, having her at the dunes when im trying to get my drink & party on, didnt work to well for me. so now she stays with my kid, AT HOME :lol:

We crate our dogs, when we're out riding and no one's around or sometimes when we're partying at night. They're border collies, so they're REALLY HYPER! And Bear HATES fireworks, so he's always all EMO at night in Dumont. At first dogs sometimes resist the crate and whine. After a while, they get used to it. Our friends brought their beagle to the house. We made them go outside and not listen to the puppy howl and whine. He stopped after 5 minutes.

I like the plastic crates with the metal doors and little metal windows on the upper sides. They wash nicely and are sturdy. We used to compete and travel in flyball tournaments with the dogs and those crates seem to hold up nicely. See Monkey in his crate:

post-1635-1194332148_thumb.jpg

our two dogs love to go to the dunes. however, walking around too much, they get sand between their toes, and it irritates the skin, causing it to bleed.

I am currently looking for booties for the dogs that are made of neoprene, but have had no luck

I don't know where you live, but Hap-E-Dog in Henderson (Green Valley and Eastern) usually has those in stock. Flea Bags at the District might have them, too.

:mic: pet tech tip #2

i don't know how many times i been camping and seen camps were dogs are left to do what they please .

and then you here about can someone help me find my dog it took off in the middle of the night and i miss her (or him ) :bawl:

petsmart 9.99 -15.99 depending on the dog :GWH:

post-638-1192574923_thumb.jpg

I hate when people let their dogs wander around loose. Last Pres Day, we had these retrievers come over from the camp adjacent to ours and pee on all our tires! Really peeved me! :lol:

:GWH: :bawl:

Okay - my last response on this thread - how in the world did I miss a pet thread after all the time I spend on here????

Anyway, we usually bring the dog food in a zip lock bag with a couple 12 or 16 oz cups - the red ones from Costco. But, we got some samples of dog food and used them for our last trip. Perfect size - one bag for 2 dogs. The countainer you have looks pretty sufficient. You can always get something more fancy from Walmart or Target???

:lol:

our two dogs love to go to the dunes. however, walking around too much, they get sand between their toes, and it irritates the skin, causing it to bleed.

I am currently looking for booties for the dogs that are made of neoprene, but have had no luck

I just seen dog booties at Walmart yesterday when I went for supplies for the puppy that we got from jacxclan on Sunday night after pizza. Not sure what they were made from but they had a ton of them all different sizes.

I hate when people let their dogs wander around loose. Last Pres Day, we had these retrievers come over from the camp adjacent to ours and pee on all our tires! Really peeved me! :GWH:

A couple of year ago some friends of ours who camp up where ynot does, but real close to the edge, had someones pedt pig wander into there camp.

I would have been :mic: :bawl: Thinking that I had drank to much, then realizing that I had not I would have :beercheers::lol:

A couple of year (years) ago some friends of ours who camp up where ynot does, but real close to the edge, had someones pedt (pet) pig wander (wandered) into there (their) camp.

I would have been :blah::grin: Thinking that I had drank to much, then realizing that I had not I would have :blah::dunno:

Boy! does my typing suck :blah:

Edited by desertskyz

we use a tall plastic container with a locking top for the 2 bigs dogs, a ziploc bag for the puppy. we transport them in crates like one of the pics from above...petmate type is heavy, the "furrari" crates are better in my opinion and are alot lighter and easier to transport. we also keep a "lix-it" water bottle (like for hamsters but bigger) attached to the door of the crate so the dogs have water when we are traveling. the tie out cables work like a charm to keep the dogs nearby when we are eating inside or just to restrain them, we wrap them around the step of the hauler and it keeps them close but they do get tangled and are hard to untangle especially if they get into a knot. you can try http://www.drsfostersmith.com/?ref=4397&am...smith|914620521 to find the booties for the dogs as well, haven't tried the booties but the website has a ton of stuff for dogs (and other animals)...good luck!!!

Edited by figzchic

i posted about this last year when there seemed to be a lot of missing runaway dog at the dunes.

IS YOUR DOG ID CHIPPED?

it is a cheap easy way to get your dog back if it is lost or stolen. im not sure what it costs now it was $10 for my last dog years ago. but if your dog gets loose at the dunes and someone finds it the dog could end up anywhere in the SW U.S. almost all pounds and vets will scan for a ID chip. and as long as you keep your info updated it could be a easy phone call to return your dog. cheap insurance for a part of the family!

Ok, our English Bulldog is spoiled as spoiled can be. He goes everywhere with us unless it is going to be over 90 degrees (they can't handle the heat) then he stays with my father-in-law.

Pending on how long we are going camping for, I either put it in one of the cereal type containers or since I buy the large bags of dry food, I have a 5-gallon bucket I keep his food in. He has a set of bowls for inside the trailer and a set for outside the trailer. Hey I already said he is spoiled.

He is really good at being left in the trailer. No crate, he just gets on his bed and sleeps. He was bad when he was little, he would bark like crazy. Even outside, I put his harness on him but not his leash. He is too lazy to go anywhere. Plus I don't let him out of my site. He usually just sits on the mat in front of the trailer door or by the campfire at night.

It's all in the training and the attention you give them.

P.S.

I am selling the metal fence (can be made into a square or an octagon) for $50.00. Paid $85.00 at Petco.

Edited by sandqueen