Sandrail Suggestions

steveo

I have seen tooooo many horror stories about people and THEIR first rails... Growing up in glamis i got exposed to alot of look daddy just took him and the kids on the first ride was 3rd gear wide open and sailed into a bowl killin 2 of the 3 passengers... Guess what he bought a 50k dollar rail and thought he was robby gordon... Im just looking out for the best intrest of the community and giving my opinions... And they are just OPINIONS nothing personal..

btw SAY NOOOOO TO PLAYTECH... that first link JJ is CRAP!!!! Quicksand is a good company but not on top of my list. And sandrail specialties is in the same neighborhood as quicksand..

I like my Snadrail Specialties.

post-63-1141839457_thumb.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't waste your time with a standard travel car.Just cause someone has a V8 long travel car doesn't mean they have to be stupid. I've seen idiots driving everything from an old 2 wheeler to an expensive buggy. I think Tim hit it right on the head when he said buy a car you can grow into and not out of.

P.S. You can get a car like mine for right around 35K brand new.

I have to agree with you Don.....

however for those of you calling a standard travel rail that cost just under $10,000 "CHEAP"......I'm in the wrong business then or you guys just don't know the value of the dollar.

I have to agree with you Don.....

however for those of you calling a standard travel rail that cost just under $10,000 "CHEAP"......I'm in the wrong business then or you guys just don't know the value of the dollar.

We are referring to the sandrail market as a whole these days. 10K is by far not a cheap price tag to me either, but as a whole it is cheap compared to a 50 or 60K car. :finger: Sandrails have come a long way and it's crazy how many high dollar rails are out there in the dunes. :angry:

We are referring to the sandrail market as a whole these days. 10K is by far not a cheap price tag to me either, but as a whole it is cheap compared to a 50 or 60K car. :laughoff: Sandrails have come a long way and it's crazy how many high dollar rails are out there in the dunes. :laughoff:

Alright...I'll buy that one. But it is still hard to believe that some of the top dollar rails cost more than my house sold for in '91. Even worse is that they cost more than my '05 2500HD 4x4. :finger: I would love one, I just can't swallow the price! Even a ride in one would be nice, but I'm sure that'll really hook me in even deeper than I am now. :laughoff: I guess when I pay off my truck I might be able to finance one and probably will!! I've had to get into this sport a little at a time. I'd like to know how most of these folks are affording the high dollar LT rails....it's hard to believe there is that much $$ out there...but I'm sure there is. I need to get out of the Govt sector and into the private sector. :angry:

:laughoff:

Edited by cmyfirepole

I need to get out of the Govt sector and into the private sector. :shocked2:

:laughoff:

I love my GREAT govt job. How I afforded my car was I sold my standard travel car, I sold my banshee and then I took out a loan against my TSP ( govt retirement plan ). The best thing about borrowing That way is that I do have to pay interest but it all goes back into my own account.

Here is a car to consider. Exceptional sandcar for the price.

Just sold on E-bay for 32,100.

Item # was 4616768466

This car had everything you need.....4 wheel discs, mendi trans., 400HP motor, great suspension and very roomy.

You bidding on a 2005 Sand Limo 4 seat sand rail with a 3.5 honda turbo motor and Medeola heavy duty 2D trans.Trans and engine have about 20 hours on them. Shocks are King racing with bypasses in rear. Condition on all components is excellent vehicle is extremely fast and handles exceptionally. Wining bidder must contact me with in 24 hours to arange payment and delivery. Delivery to So Cal available at no extra charge Other areas are responsiblity of buyer. Call me or e-mail me with any questions before bidding. My cell is 714-331-5526.

View thumbnails

5 of 12

post-114-1141881416_thumb.jpg

Edited by JoeDuner

Sandwinder sandcars are real nice but the only drawback is the waiting list. Call the guy. His name is Darren. 602-269-2112 Their website is www.sandwinder.com 35K for a LS1 car. 29.5k for a V6 car.

Edited by Don29palms

steveo,

Good luck on your choice, first off.

That S/U car.. red one is a great little car. Safe and dialed in.. I know the owner and car.

I am also looking for more HP and travel.. but have had a car like that, a S/U Ultra Light for 5 seasons. My motor is keepng me from a new build due to the reliablity and enough power for me. Honda 3.5L V6 turbo at 450 hp works great in a light 4 seater car.

I would also look at suspension, and the amount of weight you will be carting around as factor. As this also will limit you on power and handling of the car. Safety is key though these days.

So if you look at a USED S/U or even one as NEW from a private party.

Ask for the Vin #.!! Some copycat builders have been out there and a true S/U has a vin on it. Call our shop to verify as well. :)

We take our quality seriously.

S/U 909-230-9797 talk to sales.

Also, come by the cleanup it will be under our S/U awning this year.

We would be happy to give you a demo ride as we are doing them

Friday Mar. 17 - Mar.19th.

Cleanup no demos as we are running the cleanup under our set up.

That is cleanup time and t shirt /raffle time, but rides after.

Anyhow.. good luck on whatever you buy :)

Cat~

http://www.suspensionsunlimited.net

Cathy, when are you getting out to Dumont? I want to set up and make sure everybody is in the right spot for the clean up. I am arriving Thursday night.

Thanks,

Terry

VP FoDD

Hey Terry,

Nice to meet ya. Will do in person soon! :)

Our rig pulls out Thursday afternoon.. so probably Thurs.. evening.

Have not talked to Vic. yet on where she wants us.. but remember last cleanup that I was at there was across from Vendors a bit.

So imagine we will be over there again.

I think where we were on Vet.s weekend was the right spot. Did you see us there this year?

Also, my permit through BLM states we will be in that area.

My paperwork for permits was done way early in the season.

Is that good for you?

cat~

Thanks for the info Cathy,

I would love a demo in the S/U car. I will be there sometime Friday night so i will see you Saturday morning when ever I fall outta bed.

thanks again

Steveo and everybody for demos,

Early Sat. we are committed to the cleanup since it's in our area...but

will be doing demos after cleanup on Sat. and on Sun.

Come on over whenever you are ready. :) But if you want a cleanup t shirt.. they are first come first serve. he he.

Then dune time~ woo hoo!

Cat~

http://www.SuspensionsUnlimited.Net

Edited by Glam_mom

Hey Terry,

Nice to meet ya. Will do in person soon! :)

Our rig pulls out Thursday afternoon.. so probably Thurs.. evening.

Have not talked to Vic. yet on where she wants us.. but remember last cleanup that I was at there was across from Vendors a bit.

So imagine we will be over there again.

I think where we were on Vet.s weekend was the right spot. Did you see us there this year?

Also, my permit through BLM states we will be in that area.

My paperwork for permits was done way early in the season.

Is that good for you?

cat~

Cat, I would think that Vic is going to want you more down towards the campground hosts location but on the right side of the road. I know that's where were supposed to be with the registration booth and the dumpster. Since we are using your shade I would imagine that will be where she would like to have you. I will call her and let you know.

I won't be in till late Thursday night 9:30/10:00. My rig is a 40' Alfa M/H and a TPD stacker. If we have to move friday morning we can but would like to do it once as I am sure you would!

Terry

Here is another sweet car Steve. If you could pick it for $40,000 it would be a killer deal. The full ad is on Dunebuggy.com in the classified section, used sandrails.

2003 SAND-LIMO

JEFF DAVIS FULL ALUMINUM BODY, KING SHOCKS W/ BYPAS IN REAR, MENDI E TRANS W/ LESS THAN 1 SEASON, EXTREME DRIVE AXLES, 2.5 INTERCOOLED TURBO SUBARU, HALTECH ENGINE MANAGEMENT, ADJUSTABLE BOOST CONTROL, BUILT BY QUIRT CRAWFORD, 4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES, BEADLOCK WHEELS, LOWRANCE GPS, HID LIGHTS, CAR LOOKS AND RUNS GREAT, EXTREMLY FAST, BUT VERY RELIABLE. CALL OR EMAIL FOR MORE INFO $45,000

post-114-1142476829_thumb.jpg

post-114-1142476839_thumb.jpg

Edited by JoeDuner

Those are really nice cars, I think i saw that car at Dumont on Presidents day weekend.

Very nice, :hug:

Yes we were there on pres day... :rockwoot: doing a photo shoot & video for the website! :rockwoot:

Cant wait to go back :thumb: Now we have to get cars ready foe the off road show :blury:

post-541-1142909567_thumb.jpg

The yellow stiching in the headrests on those seats almost looks like JEGS but im pretty sure it says JESS right... cuz i know you didnt order them seats outta a jegs catalog right??

We are referring to the sandrail market as a whole these days. 10K is by far not a cheap price tag to me either, but as a whole it is cheap compared to a 50 or 60K car. :hug: Sandrails have come a long way and it's crazy how many high dollar rails are out there in the dunes. :rockwoot:

WELL WE BILT A NEW OLD SCHOOL CAR IN 04 AND HAVE OVER 20K IN A CAR THAT IS STANDARD TRAVEL.

SOME OF THE MOTORS IF BILT ARE GOING FOR 3-7K THEN A GOOD TRANY 3-4K YOU HAVENT EVEN TALKED LIGHTS SEATS POWDER AND THE PIT KEEPS GITTING BIGGER..LOL WE HAVE THIS THING ASKING 13900

post-273-1142914616_thumb.jpg

post-273-1142914904_thumb.jpg

Edited by DeToXiC1

No thay are not "jags" :hug:

If you are looking for a used car look online at atvtraderonline.com and go under search. We can get a

RICOCHET 5 seater turn key in about 8 to 10 weeks, or look at QUICKSAND PERFORMANCE and talk to OMAR, also there is a used RICOCHET in town for 49,900 o.b.o.