Sandrail wheelies into a Banshee on comp

dunefreak

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who the guy on the rail was but I can tell you that three of us were sitting on our quads at the bottom of the hill (getting ready to ride up) when we saw the accident happen.

That sandrail was very loud; how the guy on the quad didn't see it is beyond me. Unless one party was drinking and driving, it is very hard to put blame on either party, but that's just my opinion. I always slow down and ride across the top before making my way down...always looking out for rails, trucks, etc. that may pose a threat.

On a side note, watching the BLM try to make their way up the hill was a joke. I told my buddies that if anything like that should ever happen to me, offer the closest rail $1000 to drive directly over to the BLM/Sherrif station and bring back paramedics!

When you are wearing a helmet, have loud pipes and are racing with some other guys you don't always know from what direction the sound is coming. I personally hate when the rail drivers come racing and jumping across comp or banshee hill when they know everyone races up and down it. If you are going to be on those two hills you should be going in the same directions as the traffic on the hill, either up or down. That is just my opinion and I was not there but I have seen the same senario over and over, with people coming across the bottom or middle of the hill.

So here we are sitting at the bottom of comp when every body started going oooooo ohhh oh no so I look up and see this idiot wheeling across comp hill and this quad is coming down the hill, the guy on the quad sees the buggy because you can tell he doesn’t know what to do just kind of no where to go any way the buggy comes right down on top of him, just slams him and then the buggy rolls a couple of times and you just know that the dude is hurt real bad. It just sucks that that happened, you know its one thing to here about this stuff but to witness it first hand just made me sick it was kind of somber around camp for awhile (JUST SUCKS) you know its one thing for a accident to happen in the dunes when two people are dunning but like barefoot bob said this accident was senseless and the disrespectful pieces of shi# that just kept shooting the hill while there working on this guy and trying to get him down Can just kiss my a$$. :booty:

My prayers go out to the family.

Edited by X-5

A get well to the banshee rider and all goes well. On the other hand, reading about things like this and being a new duner just makes my stomach turn. Im mean ireally have to pay attention to my surroundings and make sure i do the right thing out there so you dont hurt yourself or someone else and put icing on the cake you have to watch out for a jacka$$ like that. I hope you all find him, it might make our weekends at dumont easier.

I hope the guy on the quad will be ok. A lot of people weren't paying attention.

My friend tried to go up Comp Sat. night, a rail almost rubbed her tire with his, it caused her to kind of get squirrely and she ended up rolling her brand new quad down the hill. She was ok, but really shook up I guess.

when did this happen? fri or sat night? I sen a guy walking out of the flats on sat night we were wondering why he was walking. Might not have anythtng to do with i.

Prayers go out to the family and I hope they find this guy and fry him for leaving.

I didnt know he was from our camp. sry .... sad sad story

Capt

That sucks to hear about the wreck. I'm glad he's going to survive. Hang in there Charlie! Hoping for a speedy recovery for ya!

Dose anyone know if the rangers impounded the rail or know the name of the owner to put a little pressure on him to give up the driver. the driver is a chicken s*#@ and needs to come forward and pay for this !!! ( hit and run ) you dont run for no reason was he drinking and driving. the guy on the banshee has a 3 year old that wants to see his dad . if any one has any info pics of the driver, names , anything that could help please reply @ davidhall01@msn.com or 7024013643 and ill pass any info on to the family

i got there after it happened, and its really a shame that people dont pay any attention. i dont have anything against and sand rail owners and the dunes are wide open for riding. I TRY not to go up comp when there are rails shooting it. some times it is unavoidable.

I had gone over to speak with one of the Sherriffs Deputys and he didnt know the condition of the kid (charlie) and didnt know the status of the Driver, He said that he wasnt the one that responded to the accident. He had part of a camera crew with him. they are filming something like Cops for Court TV.

I know that everyone is saying that GWH knows this guy that owns the Shrek car, but i would say try not getting her in the middle of it. Just get the name from her or someone who knows the guy.

Our prayers go out to you charlie and family!

and to the a$$hat that was driving...then fleeing...youll get yours soon enough, you should have stayed there and and been a man about it!

whats up guys the guy that was driving the rail now the rangers are saying that they didnt catch him. If anyone has any info you can email me through the site. Charlie is doing good they had to put his jaw back together and do surgrey on his pelvic bone it was broken up real bad . he will be in a wheel chair for a long while but hes a stong muther brother,so he will be back next season!!! I hope maybe girlwithhorns might be able to hep me out.

apperently the quad rider was a guy from our camp :booty:

gwh you need to tell your freind to step up and give the buggy drivers name up.............................

damnnn wasnt even there and im gettin grilled.

i dont even barely know Randy just hung out with them a few times at Dumont.

i hope Charlie recovers quickly.

I know that everyone is saying that GWH knows this guy that owns the Shrek car, but i would say try not getting her in the middle of it. Just get the name from her or someone who knows the guy.

Our prayers go out to you charlie and family!

Cole, I wasn't trying to get her involved or point the finger at anyone. I was just curious if that was her friend's car is all.

Sorry Kayla- I didn't mean to get you involved in any way. I just recognized the car and thought it looked familiar. :booty:

Cole, I wasn't trying to get her involved or point the finger at anyone. I was just curious if that was her friend's car is all.

Sorry Kayla- I didn't mean to get you involved in any way. I just recognized the car and thought it looked familiar. :booty:

thanks we got the name of the driver and if and if anybody has any other in formation for us and were not trying to get anybody else involved we just want to find out who the driver was

Sorry Kayla- I didn't mean to get you involved in any way. I just recognized the car and thought it looked familiar. :driver:

no worries pete, i know that it wasnt meant any harm. i just figured that we get the car owners name out there, and get Kayla's off. thats all... :booty:

I do not have any personal information for you, but I may have another possible lead the family can consider...l

A "camera crew" and "videotaping" has been mentioned and I believe it may have been part of a project that was originally scheduled for opening weekend (but I had heard it was canceled), a CourtTV program called "Party Police." I have not (yet) confirmed whether that project did indeed go forward but will post as soon as I am certain. If it did, and they were the ones videotaping the interviews, the Banshee rider's representatives might want a copy of it and should consider contacting CourtTV once the situation has been confirmed.

VickiW

Dose anyone know if the rangers impounded the rail or know the name of the owner to put a little pressure on him to give up the driver. the driver is a chicken s*#@ and needs to come forward and pay for this !!! ( hit and run ) you dont run for no reason was he drinking and driving. the guy on the banshee has a 3 year old that wants to see his dad . if any one has any info pics of the driver, names , anything that could help please reply @ davidhall01@msn.com or 7024013643 and ill pass any info on to the family

I do not have any personal information for you, but I may have another possible lead the family can consider...l

A "camera crew" and "videotaping" has been mentioned and I believe it may have been part of a project that was originally scheduled for opening weekend (but I had heard it was canceled), a CourtTV program called "Party Police." I have not (yet) confirmed whether that project did indeed go forward but will post as soon as I am certain. If it did, and they were the ones videotaping the interviews, the Banshee rider's representatives might want a copy of it and should consider contacting CourtTV once the situation has been confirmed.

VickiW

They guy that was videotaping didn't say who he was or he was with...as a matter of fact, he didn't answer any questions. I did see that same guy (who someone who was wearing the exact same clothing) in the Sheriff chopper as it flew over and filmed Comp a few times. :booty:

I don't think he taped the accident. He arrived after the fact and taped the BLM and Sheriff at the scene and all the way through until Charilie was taken out of the dunes area.

damnnn wasnt even there and im gettin grilled.

i dont even barely know Randy just hung out with them a few times at Dumont.

i hope Charlie recovers quickly.

sorry Kayla :(

i think you got brought up cause you knew the owner. I don't think anyone was tryin to connect you to the driver at the time

I hope you didn't get upset

I am sure that Randy is cooperating with the LEOs. I think you guys are jumping the gun.

On top of the terrible tragedy, Randy has a busted car that he is going to have to explain to the insurance co. or, if no insurance, is going to want this pissant to pay for.

I am thinking that this is closer to a resolve than everyone here thinks.

Doing wheelies on a busy weekend or even when others are on the hill is just plain stupid and like someone else said, all the big cars can do them now. It's not impressive. Do them out in the dunes, not in the crowds. How many of you have stopped a guy doing something stupid in a crowd and calmly explained to them that what thye are doing is not appropriate? Maybe we all have some blame on us too.....