the positive things from your Halloween trip

dunefreak

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The best thing about this trip was what I always love about Dumont, spending so much time with my sweetie!

2. I happened to look over right when he was having that happy dune moment; I've never seen someone so at peace, it was awesome!

3. No one in the trailer, 21 and up camp, perfect camp spot by the finger= good times!

Not to sound too old but being a dad of three boys it's amazing to watch there riding levels accel by each trip to the dunes. They are 14, 12 & 11 this weekend was there first ever with a paddle on there bikes after 4 years of complaining about soft sand and two wheels. It was also the first time we parked indasand because the boys had paddles. Anyways they did great through the dunes (way up north) no complaints and they don't want to go back to dirt tires and don't want to camp indagully anymore. Hat's off to my kids they made my weekend a proud one.

:headbang1: I'll second that motion!! :thumb::driver:

Ours are 2 daughters, 14 and 12½, and son almost 11. I'm very proud to say they are curtious, responsible young duners and their skills have improved 10-fold over the few short years we have been duning!

Proud moment #1: 14 year old has moved up to a 350, also her first time with paddles this weekend, and watching her keep pace with dad on his Banshee, priceless!! Never missed a shift :D

#2: When daughter #2 let her brother ride the 250 and she took over on the 90 voluntarily! (Cooked the piston on one of the 250's kick-off weekend, piston on backorder, so thankfully we still have the 90 as back-up!!)

#3: When son avoided a potential roll-over on said 250!! I was ridin' caboose, as usual, we were out in the north 40 playing on the hills when he started to slide off a finger dune, about 6 to 8 ft high and fairly steep. He didn't panic, (I bit my lip) pointed the quad downhill and reclaimed his place in our little line! Amazing! And to think I was hesitant to move him up to the 250 last season :dance:

There were other proud moments, but those three stand out the most! :bowdown:

this being my first trip to dumont on my 450, even though I blew a head gasket, or water pump, or some wierd mystery part that weekend, I went the fastest I have ever gone on my bike, while in a bowl.... I wont forget that feeling for a long time....hualin a$$ rocks :DDRrocks:

Well,

My son finally ran thru all gears up comp....woohoo!

My daughter made her first trip to the sand.

I did not have to pay any fines this year"Personal best...year is young though"

No repairs to any of the three quads.

No wrecks personally...very sore thumb though.

Good food, good friends, great time.

I cannot be any happier.

:lol:

How wonderful it is to be back in the dunes....

watching my hubby realize he took a butt load of pictures without any film in the camera

watching the reaction of the 3 friends that went with us at Comp Hill on Saturday night

seeing the baby in the monkey costume laugh and laugh and laugh when his dad put him up close to my bulldog

seeing everything decorated for Halloween

just having fun and laughing the whole weekend

showing one of our friends that I can 4-wheel drive just like the guys do....sometimes even better j/k

To sum it up just seeing the whole duning community as one big family............ :laughing:

• 3 months later...

Damn! Cool pics. You guys really do it up for Halloween huh!

That was our best year yet. we had hundreds of tricker-treators and many KUDOS from fellow duners. great time, we are always next to bathroom #5. everyone participates!!

post-1272-1202787535_thumb.jpg