Thanksgiving Weekend Trip Reports

HappyHour

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall the weekend was fairly calm. Never saw any accidents only heard the chopper fly out around 3:00am on Friday???

Wednesday was probably the worst day for wind. Thanksgiving day was fairly calm which was great for deep frying the turkey.

Our group went to comp hill on Friday only to find the Sherriff's driving their rail like NUTS! launching off the starting line area and flying up the down side of the hill. Kinda wierd to see quads going around a rail to get down comp hill. Had my camera but didnt take pics.

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

Edited by teamrags

Man what an awesome weekend. I had a wonderful 5 days out there. The weather was great, only windy a couple times. The temps were perfect. The dunes were actually pretty smooth except for the usual chopped up areas like the face hills.

Thanksgiving Day couldn't have been much better. We deep fried 3 turkeys (roughly 60lbs total). :pissed: We were able to have a nice sit down dinner in camp together with some old friends for T-Day dinner and then some pie around the fire with some good laughes. It doesn't get much better. :D

I am exhausted. :beat: I didn't have my rail this weekend so I rode the quad and 2 wheeler quite a bit. We got some really great runs in though. It felt great to get out and ride. :pissed:

The meet and greet was a decent turnout, but nothing like kickoff weekend or Halloween but nevertheless, still good times.

There were lots of people out there for T Day weekend as a whole, but it seemed more low-key and tame than ever before. Comp was good times. There was a lil more racing this time around. For the most part- no major accidents that I heard of. :D:clap:

I missed seeing a bunch of DDR regulars out there this weekend. It kinda sucked not being able to hang with some of the usual suspects. Seems alot of DDR peeps had other plans either at Glamis or back home with family. Overall I still loved every minute of this weekend and had a smile on face at all times. :grin:

Pics coming up....

normal_S2010385~0.JPG

Pauly Paul limping a de-beaded tire back :pissed:

normal_S2010386~0.JPG

normal_S2010388~0.JPG

hangin at comp on Saturday

normal_S2010394~0.JPG

This thing was FAST whatever it was :pissed:

normal_S2010396~0.JPG

dman74

normal_S2010392~0.JPG

BLM buggy

normal_S2010397~0.JPG

camp area with the usual layer of dust at dusk

normal_S2010400~0.JPG

normal_S2010401~0.JPG

normal_S2010402~0.JPG

normal_S2010408~0.JPG

normal_S2010428~0.JPG

comp and banshee hill view

normal_S2010419~0.JPG

one of my new favorite pics :D

normal_S2010407~0.JPG

Sunday AM about 9am or so- everyone pulling out

normal_S2010447~0.JPG

normal_S2010446~0.JPG

my Z71 pulling out wingnut :beat::grin: hahaa

normal_S2010465.JPG

^There was about 6 other people that got stuck in that same spot all weekend.

Flipped truck on the way home...

normal_S2010470~0.JPG

Sounds like an Awesome week(end). :clap:

Great pics Pete, as usual. :thumb:

I guess I missed out on dunin' with Cheese. :dope:

The car "whatever it is" :laughing: ... That's Shawn's squareback with a Honda 3.2.

Pauly had a whip? :blink: WTF is really going on?

6 wasn't enough for Wingnut. :pissed::laughing:

Paintballs :shake: Especially not good for corrugated siding. :grin::pissed:

Glad everyone had a safe trip. :clap:

We went to Glamis last weekend. It was awesome to be out there again. :mc_smiley: :driver:

I'm really lookin' forward to Dumont soon. Possibly the 8th. :dunno:

:beat:

R-

i was bored to death at home all weekend, i wish i was there. i did get to go hang with Jeff Chapman and Ryan and Powerhouse over at Ryans house for some awesome BBQ and some red Beer. so i did get to get a little partying done. slept till about 1:30 today. that was nice, havent done that for about 10 years now.

WOW....WHAT A WEEKEND...

it was nice to meet some new DDR peeps this weekend, as well as seeing the ones I met @ the sand show and the TRT meeting

i got to hotwire my buddy jim's bike, due to a lost key, only to find said key in the sand in front of the hauler the next day :clap:

Thanks to sand snake for the electrical tape for richard cheese custom hotwire job!!! :mc_smiley:

:laughing:

joe fuggin duner lead a ride of ba berts and my ds650 and Pimpshacks raptor ON A FUGGIN SUZUKI KING QUAD :grin: dayUM that guy can ride...

Pimpshack shuttle services to and from comp comes highly recommended by cheese :pissed:

2 words....Roxanne hat.. :driver:

pauly paul seems like a normal guy, until he gets on that quad :beat:

We lost Monkie on the way to the meet and greet, and she found her way out there...props to Monkie for not only knowing how to dune, but on a grizzly, and knowing the way the south pole :pissed: my wife needs to hang around you more often!!! :laughing:

one of the best duning weekends I have had to date...not too crowded, the dunes were good........

we ended up pulling out sunday morning @ 5 am to avoid the bad traffic. we missed a vehicle rollover by like 3o cars behind us. we had smooth sailing all the way home, and made it to the "field" before 11 am for a FAT NAP!!

i hope to see some more DDR peeps the next time at the D, because the ones i hung out with this trip definitly enhanced the experience.....

It was great to finally hang out w/ you Jason AT DUMONT. :pissed::grin: Your buddy Jim was a super cool guy too. :D

some of my observations...

-most over-used word of the weekend "OOOFF"

-Pauly Paul can ride into a corner so hard he can de-bead a tire

-buring turkey carcasses (sp?) is nasty but fun :clap:

-Ball and Chain is gonna register the domain, duneroids.com, for Charlie :dunno:

-duniemonkie makes snowmen out of ice cubes at Dumont

-2 Pizzaz's going full of circle food plus cheese :afro: 's on the grill and Super Troopers going on the TV: priceless :mc_smiley:

-fast dune rides with good friends till your hands feel like their gonna fall off: also priceless :shake::pissed:

-richardcheese isn't used to razorbacks :laughing:

-I actually took my truck to comp TWICE and didn't get a reckless driving ticket for driving in the sand this time

-I heard the stripper pole and hauler came back out but the rangers put a quick stop to it this time.

-15+ people siging karaokee in dunejnky's motorhome was hilarious. I feel bad for his motorhome though :dope:

-a giant soft sand patch near camp makes for much entertainment but alots of pulling people out. "should we go pull him out? :thumb: .....oooohhhhkkkkaaaaaay :blink: " :laughing:

-you can pull out almost anything when you have a superstrap. I swear by those things :beat:

-sanddunessaddict's Tracker can suprise the hell out of people, including sanddunessadict :driver:

Great trip!

Had the DJ system firing until 2am every night! On Saturday night, the Sheriffs and Rangers came over and hung out at our camp for a while. Turns out my buddy knows them all...Sheriffs, Rangers, etc.

It was a great time with great friends! :pissed:

First must say, What a kick A$$ Weekend!!! :pissed:

-Had a great Camp and all good people! The Dune Family Rocks!!!! :pissed:

-Karaoke was a :dunno: Blast!!!!

-For those who missed the Saturday Karaoke, the :thumb: got cleaned up. Thanks Mohawk Dude :mc_smiley: :lol:

-Lots of rail rides and they were a blast!!! Thanks for letting grab a seat Peoples! :driver:

-Lots and Lots of Beer :blink::shake:

-Thanksgiving Dinner Rocked! I am still eating Turkey from this weekend!

-Flat Billers Rock :laughing: (That one is for you Brice :laughing: )

-Four Guys on a Little Quad....HAMMERED not so good of an idea, or at least my back doesnt think so :clap:

-Firework...........DRINK!!!! :beat::grin:

-Poor MoHo of mine :cry:

I know i'm forgetting stuff, still in recovery mode. Dont have any pics either :dope::clap:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news after everyone had a good safe trip. I got news late last nite a good friends 8 year old son had a rail land on him sunday afternoon while riding the small dunes. He was unconcise but had good vitals when he was air lifted out. Thats all i know right now but everyone keep him in your thoughts and prayers

I hate to be the bearer of bad news after everyone had a good safe trip. I got news late last nite a good friends 8 year old son had a rail land on him sunday afternoon while riding the small dunes. He was unconcise but had good vitals when he was air lifted out. Thats all i know right now but everyone keep him in your thoughts and prayers

That information is partly incorrect. The little boy was jumping and crashed into the side of the rail with his dirtbike. He was about 3 feet off the ground when he hit the rail's side with his front tire and his head hit the A-pillar of the car. The car was barely moving when the boy came flying into it.

I talked with the owner of the car last night. He was devastated about the accident, but did not at all hit him or land on him. He said after the boy was air lifted out he heard the rumors start flying about how the rail ran him over from a group that gathered. :pissed::pissed:

I hope the boy is ok and recovers. He said he was unconscious for about an hour before flight for life picked him up. :(

As a first timer to Dumont, all I can say is that place ROCKS! Best Turkey day in my life. Even the wife says she never wants to do Thanksgiving at home ever again. Didn't make it out to the DDR meet and greet, next time I'll be sure to do that.

We went with 2 other friends with toy haulers, and had a nice little camp, I think in about zone A-2. We were behind a group that built a huge projection screen. The Guitar Heroes and karaoke were great entertainment from our view.

Everything was awesome, from hanging out at Comp Hill, to the sand drags, and especially the riding. We all ate too much, drank just enough ('cuz too much is just right), and rode until we couldn't ride anymore.

DumontT-Day2007001.jpg

DumontT-Day2007011.jpg

DumontT-Day2007017.jpg

DumontT-Day2007019.jpg

DumontT-Day2007038.jpg

DumontT-Day2007040.jpg

DumontT-Day2007042.jpg

DumontT-Day2007043.jpg