Thanksgiving Weekend Trip Reports

HappyHour

Well we had a great T-Day at D. A lot of riding and no one heart, I even got to get out and look for camps, found Pete’s and got to hang out for awhile when I finally found Dmans both the Rhino and Buggy was gone sorry I didn’t get to hang with you.

Did not even get to comp this weekend just sat around the camp fire with friends and family.

Always great time at the meet and great, met a few new ones and always good to see great old fiends you guys are the best.

:laughing::banghead::laughoff::lol:

Edited by dinicolada

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey wats up man. was it ur trailer he threw up in . he had a red white and blue mohawk. in bobbys camp right??

That would have been mine :dance: :clap: . I think the Bottle of Captain that we finished might have had something to do with it :laughoff::lol:

9 days in the sand not a bad deal (possibly a little much)

friday was awesome no issues just semi rough dunes

friday nite flopped the rhino again on the other side this time .

sat turbo came off the motor, apparently i forgot to loctite the bolts opps

got some wind during the week

broke in the new motor and got some good rides in

it's amazing how much 5 lbs of boost can change a cars power :dance:

ran into a few peeps at comp

sorry i didn't make the meet and greet, got busy and missed the time

all in all a great week

So it actually made it the WHOLE weekend :lol::laughoff:. Thanks for the KICK A$$ ride this weekend. Your car is defiantly Rockin!! Fast :clap: for sure!

We had a pretty good time. Very Subdued didn't get alot of riding in, but still had a good time, and managed to polish of 4 3o packs between us. :dance:

1. Introduce ourselves to Budlight BoB and lakecitydan. We were going to go on a ride with them but we didn't have the proper clothes on.

2. Bob broke his car again! bummer

3. Went to visit another DDR camp. Met Cheese :afro: he bigger in person. His friend is a nice guy but look worried. We wanted to hang out a have afew :laughoff: with everyone, but a large group have a hankerin' for Hog Heaven so they took off.

4. Hung out with sanddunesaddict and talked about trackers and Sami's. Danny thinks Bert is a nice guy.

5. Danny was NOT antisocial. :clap:

6. Every time we went to go visit someone they were leaving. :lol: I'm getting a complex

7. The BBQ place down from Hog Heaven has better food. Half the price and you get more of it.

BLASPHEMY!!!

We had a great time this weekend! Stayed with friends (thanks Joe & Denise), since we were without our trailer! The weather was awesome! Everyone was safe!

We took our friends to the Meet & Greet on Saturday. The South Pole is cool, except for the Bud Light can on top - :laughoff: The Dodge made its 1st trip to Comp on Saturday.

Super fun weekend! The funnel cakes and jalepeno poppers at Vendor Row were awesome!!! :dance:

Where is the footage from our 2nd race?I see the first one where i got a bad start and not the 2nd one.

You mean the one where I got a bad start?...LOL I refueled and came back looking for ya but no luck..

The bike was running 62-63 all weekend, we will have to try it again next time. I hope to be there on the 8th.

Edited by metalalien

You mean the one where I got a bad start?...LOL I refueled and came back looking for ya but no luck..

The bike was running 62-63 all weekend, we will have to try it again next time. I hope to be there on the 8th.

Your bike has gotten alot faster since the last time i saw it.I wasnt ready for it the first race thats for sure.You really got it running good now,congrats.Ill be there on the 8th too.If you have the other race though post it up.I wouldnt mind watching it.

Your bike has gotten alot faster since the last time i saw it.I wasnt ready for it the first race thats for sure.You really got it running good now,congrats.Ill be there on the 8th too.If you have the other race though post it up.I wouldnt mind watching it.

it's still on the camera, I'll dig it out.

EDIT: here ya go, it appears whoever got the launch was the winner. Neither could catch the other once one of us got out in front... this is both races

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWT7wzNzfeY

Edited by metalalien

Well the week was great. Monday to Monday couldn't ask for a better vacation.....

Turkeys were yummy

Had a great group of friends with us

The only time my hubby has the camera is when I have a "DUH" moment, I got my foot stuck in a fold up chair. Don't ask just go with it.

No crashes, no injuries

I found I can can drive my hubby crazy by bitching about how much trash was there... Yes, I did pick up a buttload of it. More on that later.

Getting my truck to go sideways in the sand is a blast

Nice that it wasn't too crazy, mellow is good sometimes.

Dunes by full moon is awesome.

Being out there for a week makes you really relaxed, then your mind starts to wander, and you start thinking about really crazy stuff. Like does a sky diving company have a complaint department??? Seriously? Maybe you would have had to have been there, we were reading the 24/7 Las Vegas to do book during breakfast. :dance:

All in all was a great week....

it's still on the camera, I'll dig it out.

EDIT: here ya go, it appears whoever got the launch was the winner. Neither could catch the other once one of us got out in front... this is both races

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWT7wzNzfeY

Right on man,that helmet cam is sweet :dance: We will have to run em again on the 8th,Great job on the bike! :laughoff:

He said after the boy was air lifted out he heard the rumors start flying about how the rail ran him over from a group that gathered. :lol::clap:

:laughoff: The incredible ballooning story......

Helped Don and Ellen (camp hosts) set up thier orange fence since the rangers would not help them anymore.

:dance: I wonder why?

(desertskyz @ Nov 26 2007, 10:27 AM)

We had a pretty good time. Very Subdued didn't get alot of riding in, but still had a good time, and managed to polish of 4 3o packs between us.

1. Introduce ourselves to Budlight BoB and lakecitydan. We were going to go on a ride with them but we didn't have the proper clothes on.

2. Bob broke his car again! bummer

3. Went to visit another DDR camp. Met Cheese he bigger in person. His friend is a nice guy but look worried. We wanted to hang out a have afew with everyone, but a large group have a hankerin' for Hog Heaven so they took off.

4. Hung out with sanddunesaddict and talked about trackers and Sami's. Danny thinks Bert is a nice guy.

5. Danny was NOT antisocial.

6. Every time we went to go visit someone they were leaving. I'm getting a complex

7. The BBQ place down from Hog Heaven has better food. Half the price and you get more of it.

BLASPHEMY!!!

skyz !!!! how dare you!!! you shall be drawed and quartered that statement is considered treason !!! :dance: :laughoff:

Edited by barefoot bob

Lets seeeeeeeeeeeeee-----------

2 roids and a ranger

Duneroid.com

flaming turkey with a stick up it's butt

Pauly Paul and Dunefreaks Fire dance

That was all before 7pm

We went back to the hauler and I stayed awake till 8:30 :D

weekend sucked other then (raptor broke. car to fast for me)friday and saturday sing off in Brett's

moho. thanks brett for letting me lick whiped cream off...?????all night and singing my azzzzz off.

I had lots of fun thank you :flipoff:

Anytime Mary!! :blink::blah::grin: I dont like whiped cream anymore, it gets me locked out of my MoHo :booty::grin::laughoff:

skyz !!!! how dare you!!! you shall be drawed and quartered that statement is considered treason !!! :blink::flipoff:

In my defence, After dunefreak mentioned his hankerin' for Hog Heaven and some vendors row entertainment, we went back to camp. Gave some thought about dinner, over afew :laughoff: and decided to head on down to Hog Heaven ourselves, the guy with the 1 tooth was very nice. Anyway, there were 3 ranger trucks parked out front. In the best interest of ourselves we decided to move on down the line. BTW! THE FOOD WAS GOOD, GOT ALOT, COST LESS!.

In my defence, After dunefreak mentioned his hankerin' for Hog Heaven and some vendors row entertainment, we went back to camp. Gave some thought about dinner, over afew :blink: and decided to head on down to Hog Heaven ourselves, the guy with the 1 tooth was very nice. Anyway, there were 3 ranger trucks parked out front. In the best interest of ourselves we decided to move on down the line. BTW! THE FOOD WAS GOOD, GOT ALOT, COST LESS!.

haha, those BLM rangers were there when we pulled up too. We just hung out on our bikes until they were done eating and then snatched up their tables and hung out. :D:laughoff::flipoff:

Those Helmet Cam vids are awesome, thanks for sharin.

Observations:

-Peanut Oil makes the camp fire very hot and very big, enough to warrant a quick visit from the rangers.

-How many Gin & Tonic's does it take to make Pete & Pauly think that holding the Turkey Fryers HIGHER while dumping the peanut oil in the fire would be BETTER? LOL, however many they can drink between 1 pm and dark apparently... which I'm guessing is ALOT :blink::blah:

-Apparently it's fun to race someone else's quad up comp in your slippers, maybe just to put paw prints in the sand I guess? :laughoff:

-Caution tape from the finger dunes makes great truck decorations. :flipoff: I guess ppl think they own the dunes while they're there.

-How many ppl can Pauly pull out with the Super Strap in one weekend? Wait I think that's a trick question. As many as can get stuck on the other side of our camp... ha ha!

-Jager bombs make ppl roll around in the sand near the fire.

-Richard Cheese can still give math lessons to the kiddies when he's in Drunk Cheese mode.

That's enough for now, good times all around and no drama or injuries for our group made for an awesome friggin weekend!

-Yeah Mike's truck pulled his share of stuck vehicles and on the way out...the tranny hated us all the way home. It is now in the shop.

-Jill and Charlie...duneroids.com has got to happen now!! Oh and make sure to put the dead cat back on the ranger when you get it back.

-That fire was so hot...we were almost back past the quads when it was going. That Sheriff was pretty funny though.

-The snowman lasted for quite a while, then its head fell off.