YOUR PRAYERS ARE NEEDED

king of the hill

You could'nt have said this any better.I agree with you %100.

Best of luck to Daniel and his recovery,and to his family as well as the rail driver.

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2 .. Hard to not get teary eyed.. thanks for the posts and I am praying with and for you.

Capt

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

For those of you that have not been to Daniels site this afternoon, it looks like there is some VERY good news.. I hope i'm not out of place posting this. It's looking like all are prayers are being answered... This could be a really big weekend! Here is the latest report.

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 07, 2007 02:23 PM, CST

DTV: The Human Perspective

Let us get away from Science and Facts for a Moment to discuss the Human Perspective.

When Dawn called me this Afternoon she told me what had happened in Daniel’s Room. She was very excited as she told me the story.

The Doctor showed Danny how to Suction the Fluid out of Daniel’s Mouth. Today Danny was using that Knowledge. As Danny was suctioning the fluid, Daniel started to shake his head.

Then Daniel raised his left arm and laid it on his chest.

Danny was obviously excited and reached down and took the Little Man’s hand into his and asked him if he could hear him.

Danny said Daniel slightly squeezed his hand.

The Nurse saw this happen and went to get the Doctor and that is when he ordered the new Cat Scan.

Danny was a little nervous because at first he remembered that coma patients can have muscle movements, but he insisted that he knew it was Daniel and the Results are in Danny’s Favor.

So now you know the Story behind the Story.

P.S. Remember when I said that Daniel’s

Condition can change from Minute to

Minute? Initially the Doctor said we could be

waiting for up to 30 More Days before Daniel

would be ready to start waking up? And now

look at what is Happening.

I'm wiping tears from watching the video. that is heartbreaking. I have a 8 yr old,

my heart goes out to his family.

Daniel and family you are in our thoughts and prayers.

keep positive, sounds like he is doing better everyday.

the matthes family

:stirthepot:

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 08, 2007 08:55 PM, CST

Breaking News:

DTV reporters on scene.

Stay tuned as reporters Amber and Leanna update you on the most recent news.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 08, 2007 08:59 PM, CST

Me and Amber touched Daniels nose and he moved his head side to side and shrugged his shoulders. (Daniel use to only shrugg his shoulders and shake his head when they suctioned his lungs.) Up until tonight Daniel didn't move his right side. We were kind of concerned. Tonight he gripped our hand with his right fingers. Daniel slightly opened his right eye. He kept opening it a little bit and a couple times that he opened it he kept it slightly open for a while. He knew we were there. He started to breathe on his own. His ICP stayed low it didn't get higher than 14. They brushed his teeth and he shook his head. And hey Johnny, don't tell no one... but the nurses say that they expect his first "code brown" since he's been admitted. Haha

Love Leanna & Amber

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:stirthepot:

Hello All:

Yes, Daniel may be having his first "Code Brown."

And they say this is a "Good Thing!"

E-Mail me with your Mailing Address if you would like me to send

you some Bracelets.

We will be putting the Duck & Train on the Bracelet also.

We are getting an order for 1,000 bracelets.

These Bracelets are going out free of charge to Family First.

You are all Family and we want to show our appreciation to you

for all of your support. I feel this is the least we can do because we

can't put into words the Love & Support you are all showing the Murphy Family.

timothyleavitt@hotmail.com

Wristband.jpg

Hello All,

Leanna called just now and is on the phone with Pam.

The Nurse was massaging Daniel's Chest so she could get him to cough.

As she was doing this, Daniel opened both of his eyes and started to look around.

Leanna ran over to him and said, "Daniel, Daniel." She Squeezed his hand and said to squeeze hers back. Daniel heard her and sqeezed her hand.

I will sign off for now so we can hurry up and get to the Hospital.

Stay Strong

Keep the Faith

Post Often

MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2007 05:45 AM, PST

Good Morning Everyone:

"Recovery from coma is a gradual process, starting with the person’s eyes opening, then responding to pain, and then responding to speech. People do not just wake up from a coma, and say, ’Where am I?’ as is sometimes portrayed in films."

Pam & I had a very nice visit last night at the Hospital.

Daniel is in the very early stage of "waking up."

His eyes are opening and closing.

He turns his head from side to side and responds to verbal stimulation. (Rise in Blood Pressure when talked to.)

The Nurse said that this process can take from 5 to 10 days depending upon Daniel.

Eventually, the Doctor will decide when to Officially say that Daniel is "awake."

Daniel's eyes are still a bit glossy. At one Point as Danny & I were Talking to him, he turned his head towards us. His eyes opened wide and turned perfectly clear. It was as if, for a brief moment, he experimented and turned the switch on. I told him not to be scared, that it was only Uncle Tim. I told him that it was up to him, that he needs to tell me to get a haircut and shave.

Daniel is still in need of all of our support. He is fighting as hard as ever to fully wake up.

Stay Strong

Post Often

C'mon Daniel, you can do it!!!!!

You have an entire community here anxiously awaiting for you to wake up completely and an entire community that is supporting you!

Daniel was probably thinking to himself that Uncle Tim REALLY needs to get a haircut, and for goodness sakes man, stand CLOSER to that razor of yours!!....... :beercheers::laughing: