YOUR PRAYERS ARE NEEDED

king of the hill

Still looking like he is improving every day. :D

Here was one of the latest updates from the caringbridge site as of today...

Daniel's Vital Signs Remain Steady.

The Doctor has reduced the Respirator to Zero (0) Breaths per Minute.

Daniel's Body has responded well and is doing a good job Breathing. He was maintaining between 16 and 24 Breaths per Minute while I was there. (Remember that 15 to 30 is Average for a 9 year old.)

Because Daniel is doing a good job breathing on his own, the Doctor said he is contemplating taking the Breathing Tube out on Thursday 12/13/07.

The Nurses have started Physical Therapy and are Teaching Danny & Dawn some things so they can help the process along the way.

Daniel's Reflexes were tested also. The Nurse said he did just fine.

It may be a tough road to full recovery, but I'm sure this lil guy can do it with no problem. It will only make him stronger. Keep up the good work Daniel. He seems like he has a very caring family waiting anxiously yet patiently for him to get better.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Again All,

1. Danny & Dawn had a tense day.

2. Daniel had his breathing Tube Removed Today.

3. Danny & Dawn were in the room while the Tube was Removed.

4. Daniel did as Daniel Does Best. He played a little trick on everyone. He almost convinced the Doctor that he was not quite ready to have the Tube Removed.

5. After the Tube was removed; Daniel’s Muscles in his Throat were not Cooperating. They were Confused. They forgot what role they played in the breathing process. Instead of Staying Open, they decided to Start Swelling Shut. The Breathing Tube had Irritated the Muscles.

6. Daniel was not getting enough oxygen and as a result, his blood pressure started to rise.

7. He was given some medicine to relax his muscles.

8. The Whole Time Dawn had Daniel’s Hand in Hers and talked him through the procedure. She Told him that he needed to Calm Down and that Everything would be Alright.

9. The Doctor said he was happy Dawn was there because She had an Obvious Calming Effect on Daniel.

10. Just before the Doctor decided it was time to put a smaller tube back in, Daniel said, “Gotchya”, and started to breathe normally. Then his Blood Pressure Returned to Normal.

11. Daniel’s Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, BPM (Breaths per Minute) Hey another acronym, and Lung Volume has remained steady all day.

12. Daniel stayed awake quite a bit today. Dawn said his eyes are very clear & he seems to be following verbal commands. (He sqeezes her hand when asked.)

13. The Nurse said that Danny & Dawn needed to get plenty of rest, because in the next few days Daniel will begin to move around more and more. He will need the Comfort and Calming Effect that Only a Mother’s Love can Provide.

Your Prayers and Positive Thoughts are not going unnoticed.

Thank you all,

Sleep well my little man.

Keep the Faith

Stay Strong

P.S. You can follow this link to my Photo Bucket site and see Pictures of Daniel and his Family. The Password is "letmein."

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l6/timot...vitt/Danielson/

DanielAmber.jpgDanielAngry.jpgDanielsChopper.jpg

Wow so good to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It gave me chills to read about the recent progress. Way to be a fighter Danny keep fighting!!! What a Christmas present!!!! Let's not forget the dedicated medical staff, for what they do every day to save lives!!!

Ditto!!!

The news just get brighter and brighter everyday......... :beerpint::MBdance: Keep up the good work there Lil' Man!!!!

I think everybody needs to do a little celebratory dance for Daniel............ :dance: :cry::thumb::laughoff: :fro_smokin: :laughoff::laughing::duniemonkie:

I'm still having good thoughts for the guy, and it sounds to me like he is at the end of the woods at this point which is AWESOME!!!!!!

updates from the caringbridge website as of today...

Hello All:

I talked to Dawn tonight and we discussed Daniel’s next step in His Recovery Process. We talked about what I should tell everyone. She said she wants you all to know what is happening. She has said in the past that “this is life, this is the Reality.”

Before I get Started, I want everyone to sit down, which you probably already are, and breathe. Take a few good deep breaths. Breathe in, Breathe out, Breathe in, and Breathe out.

I want to Start by saying, first, do not panic, everything we are going to go over is “typical” for people after they come out of a coma.

1. Daniel is not 100% Conscience. Daniel Does respond to verbal commands and likes to watch Avatar. Daniel does recognize Danny, Dawn, Leanna, Amber, and others who have visited.

2. Daniel has very limited motor skills. Daniel cannot sit up or walk. He moves his arms and legs. Daniel has reached out to his nurse and attempts to give “High Fives.”

3. Daniel cannot talk at this time.

4. Daniel still has his neck brace on for precautionary reasons. The Initial MRI showed swelling on his spinal column. The Doctor cannot ask Daniel if his neck hurts, so they will not remove the neck brace. The Doctor said he might have to do another MRI to check the Swelling. The Good news is that Daniel is Moving His Arms and Legs.

5. As I said in my previous journal entry, Daniel is able to Swallow. This is good because in order to go to Rehab, he has to be able to eat.

*This Is Daniel.

*The Doctor Hopes to Release Daniel to the Rehabilitation Center sometime this week.

*Danny asked the Doctor very Pointed Questions. “What can we expect?” “What are the Possibilities of Daniel Recovering from the Brain Damage?”

Daniel had bruises on the Left Side of the Brain and on the Right Side.

He had a Minor Brain Bleed on the Right Side of the Brain. (Can we say minor?)

He had a Major Brain Bleed on the Left Side of the Brain.

Daniel was Lucky because his body was able to stop the bleeding without surgery.

Now, to get to the answers Danny Received from the Doctor.

The Doctor Told Danny that Daniel’s Brain has the Capability to Bypass the Damaged Areas & to Reroute the Signals. He said this is why it is important for Daniel to get to the Rehabilitation Center as soon as possible.

The Doctor has done everything Medically Possible for Daniel.

The Rest is Up to Daniel & his Therapist’s.

Daniel will be getting a Physical & Occupational Therapist.

I will Sign Off for now and we will Discuss the Different Therapy after I Research the Subjects.

Again, It has been your Prayers & Out Pouring of Love which has carried Daniel & His Family this Far.

We have a Long Road Ahead of us. Please do not give up. You are all Needed More Now than Ever.

Stay Strong

Believe

To the Murphy family:

Stay strong and be there for him. You have many people thinking about him and praying for him. Time will heal Daniel. I know how exhausting it is waiting for a loved one to go through the whole process of recovery. It's very nerve-racking and it can even make you sick at times. You just have to continue to be there for Daniel. Your presence will only strengthen his efforts and improvements to get better.

Keep up the good work, Daniel!! :D

I truely believe that Daniel will make a full recovery from this because he has age on his side. I say this because at the age of 14 I was hit by a dune buggy in the Mojave Desert. Along with various other injuries, I had "minor" bleeding and bruising on the right side of my brain and my brain did swell also. Now some 23 years later, the modern medical technology is amazing.

I truely hope and believe that Daniel will make a full recovery from this and it is reassuring to know that he has a great family base to stick it out with him.

Stay strong for Daniel..................... :lol: :freakin_nuts: :lol::lol:

I just read more good news on the caringbridge website :D

post-3-1198048915_thumb.jpg

Good mid-morning everyone!

I just received a call from Dawn with exciting news!

Dawn walked into Daniels room this morning and the nurses had him sitting up in a chair under the window. Daniel liked looking up at the sunlight as it was peeking through into his room.

Daniel ate real well this morning. He ate his oatmeal and eggs. As a result of his eagerness to eat he was able to get the doctors to ditch the feeding tube that was running through his nose. (Way to go Daniel! )

As of this morning Daniel:

1. Has completeed his antibiotics.

2. Has ditched the feeding tube.

3. Sitting up right in a chair.

(with the help of pillows for support)

4. Has gone off all of his IV drips.

Daniel is officially ready for REHAB!!!

He will be checking into rehab tomorrow.

Thank you for all the support you have so lovingly gave to Danny , Dawn, Leanna, Amber and Daniel.

Christmas this year for Daniels family has a completely different meaning. The hustle to shop, beat traffic, get cards sent and fight the family to smile just right in the studio for the perfect family Christmas picture all feels secondary this year.

Christmas this year for Daniels family is Daniel opening his mouth for a kiss from mom and dad.

Christmas this year is a one room apartment near the hospital for a family of four.

Christmas this year is the sweet messages you send Daniels family for daily support.

Christmas this year is Daniel.

With love to all,

Aunt Pam

DSCN3708.jpg

I just got home from a LONG and WET day at work. The traffic really got under my craw.... :isbb: But coming home and reading this development is the best news I have heard all day. MAN, I am so happy for Daniel and his family!! :beer_bang: :laughing::idea::bump::dope::dope: :fro_smokin: :hello: Daniel has now officially taken his first step OUT of the woods and the sun only gets brighter from here on out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it to 'em Daniel!!!!!!

How about a standing ovation for the little guy!!

:MBdance::rockon::thumb: :xmas8: :chug: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2007 11:49 PM, PST

Hello Everyone:

Happy Birthday Amber!!!

1. As Danny was Feeding Daniel Today, he was getting food on his face. As we have learned from Carl’s Junior’s, If it doesn’t get all over the place, it doesn’t deserve to be in your face.

2. When Danny finished wiping Daniel’s Face, the Doctor told Danny that he does not want him cleaning Daniel’s Face while he is eating.

3. The Doctor said it was good to get food on Daniel’s Face and to leave it there. They want Daniel to use his Tongue to clean off the food. As Daniel Uses his Tongue, it will teach Daniel Control of his Tongue which will aid in the Development of his Speech.

4. After the Doctor told Danny this, Daniel reached up with his forearm and Wiped his Face Clean.

5. When Daniel was done eating dinner, Dawn told Daniel to give her Five. He reached out with an open hand and spread his fingers. Dawn then gave him Five.

6. “That's one small step for mankind, one giant leap for Danielson."

7. These Steps may seem trivial to us, but for Daniel, they are huge, colossal, massive, immense, gargantuan, monumental……You get the drift?

8. These Steps are Showing the Doctor that Daniel is taking in Information, Processing the Information, Understanding the Information, and then Acting Upon the Information he has Processed.

9. Dawn said Daniel is eating more now that he ever has. It is as if he is Experiencing Food for the First Time and has decided that Food is Good. Dawn said that he really Enjoys his Pudding.

10. We Think it could be a Combination of Enjoying his Food and Remembering that his Dad told him the Doctor said he could not be Released from the Hospital unless he Starts Eating all of his Meals. Either way, Daniel is doing a Great Job Eating his Meals.

11. I hope that the Next Journal Entry will include a Story about Daniel’s new room in the Rehabilitation Center along with some new pictures.

Stay Strong

Stay Confident

Keep the Faith

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2007 09:41 AM, CST

Good Morning,

I just spoke with Dawn. Daniel will be checking into rehab this afternoon.

Today is a very good day for Daniel. He ate a hearty breakfast. he is now kicking it in his chair, watching cartoons.

As most of you may know, today is Ambers birthday. Amber is 14.

Happy Birthday Amber . We love you.

This move to rehab will be exhausting for Daniel . The family is requesting no visitors today. Danny and Dawn would like to have a quiet family day in honor of Ambers birthday.

Visitors can be scheduled to visit Daniel after today. At this time we are not sure of Daniels rehab daily schedule. As soon as it is available we will let you know. This will allow you to schedule a time that is best to see Daniel.

The family plans to spend Christmas day with Daniel in his room. It will need a tree. Oh, Ms. Coopers fourth grade class has a tree for Daniel. I guess this puts Ms. Cooper first on the list to visit. I can't bring presents to the family with out a tree. So Ms. Cooper, please bring the Christmas tree.

Danny would like to send a message personally to all of you.

Danny spoke to me yesterday in reference of the support the family has received. As he was speaking is throat choked up and he had to take a minute to gather himself.

Danny has missed work for nearly 4 weeks. In this world most of us are one paycheck to homeless. This is no different for them. Danny has been able to be by Daniels side every step of the way as result of the financial support from loved ones.

This financial support goes against the grain of Danny. He is humbled by the love, compassion , and support that has been unselfishly given to his family at this time.

Danny claims he is not good with words, therefore he asked me to relay this message on to you.

I must tell you he is wrong. Danny is always so full of gentle words. His heart is bigger- than his chest is wide.

Each night we visit Danny and Dawn I go home charged. I get my strength from them. They get their strength from you. And so a circle begins.

Danny and Dawn would like to personally thank J.G. Johnson Elementary School for the penny war fund raiser. A personal thank you to Rene' Lingrin as she is planning a benefit dinner. This is all "over the top".

With Love.

The Danny Murphy Family.

:mc_smiley:

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2007 07:08 AM, PST

Good Morning Everyone:

1. I will Post the Results of the Penny War as Soon as they are Available.

2. Daniel completed his First Day of Rehab on Thursday, 12/20/07.

3. Speech Therapy: Success was Inevitable. You will see the Results as you Read On.

4. Physical Therapy: Daniel Walked 23 Feet with the Therapist’s Assistance.

5. Dawn put the New ADIO Skateboard Shoes on Daniel for the First Time. He immediately tried to get up and Walk Away. The Physical Therapist was impressed with Daniel’s Eagerness.

· Pam & I took the Girls to see Daniel.

· When we arrived, Dawn told Daniel that Uncle Tim was there. She asked him if he had anything to tell me. Daniel looked up at me and gave me the “L” Hand Gesture. (Looser!) He then Started to Laugh.

· Dawn said the Speech Therapist does not want them to Encourage Daniel to Use Hand Gestures. If Daniel uses Hand Gestures too much, then he might start relying on them and could result in him not advancing as quickly with his speech therapy.

· Daniel thought the “Hot Pink” Christmas Tree was Cool.

· Pam asked Daniel who was the coolest person in the Room & he Pointed at Brittany.

· He then Pointed to Rachel in Response to Who was the Most Annoying.

· The Biggest Loser in the Room? Amber Received the Honor.

· Daniel was Smiling as he Gave us his Answers.

· Daniel Gave Pam “the hand” when she asked him if she could give him a Kiss.

· Pam Settled for a “Hand Squeeze.”

· Daniel Laughed and was all Smiles As the Girls Recounted Stories about Daniel. One Story in Particular, had Daniel Frustrated. The Girls were telling the Story about the day Daniel Broke the X-Box Stand. Tiffany & Amber were playing Crash Bandicoot when Daniel came into the Room and informed them that He Wanted to Play the X-Box. They Told him he had to wait his turn. Daniel was mad so he stood between them and the TV. He then leaned on the table the X-Box was on and it collapsed. It was Obvious Daniel Desperately wanted to tell us his Version of the Story because he started Moving his Mouth and was trying to Talk. We could almost Read his Lips.

· Daniel remembered all of the Stories that were Recounted. I know this for sure because as Pam & Amber were talking about Daniel Racing his Cousin Jessicca down the Street as she pushed MaKayla in her Stroller, he looked up at them and Started to Laugh.

· He also Recognized Pictures of MaKayla & “Drakey Don Pooh,” He Responded to the Pictures with a Smile.

· As the Night Came to an End, Pam told Daniel that it was Time for us to Leave. Pam asked Daniel to Raise his Hand if He wanted her to leave. Daniel Raised his Hand. She asked him if He wanted Rachel to Leave and he Raised his hand again. Pam said Daniel then looked away from her and had a Sad Look on his Face. This Confused her because he Just let her Know he Wanted her to leave. So then, she asked him if he wanted Brittany to leave, he took his arm and pulled it in tight to his chest. Pam asked him again, and he pulled his arm in tighter.

· I had to Tease Daniel a little bit. I was sitting across the Room from him and he looked up and was Staring at me. I told him not to mess with me. With a few words of Encouragement from everyone in the room, he Raised his Fist to Me. I Flexed what Muscles I do have and said, “Do you think you can take on these guns?” He then responded by showing me his “guns.”

· As I left, I walked over to Daniel and asked him if he wanted to feel my beard. He pulled his hands away from me and turned his head, so I put my face real close to him. He reached out and started to rub my cheek. We told him that when he gets better we were going to let him take the “Buzzers” to my Hair. He thought that was a great idea.

· In Summary, Daniel is Doing Very Well.

· He Still has Very Limited Motor Skills that are improving as each day passes.

· Daniel has crossed the Finish Line of his First Marathon.

· His Prize? Being Released from the P.I.C.U. at UMC.

· Daniel and the Family are now being asked to Start a New Quest.

· Without being Given any time to Rest from the Marathon, they have been thrown into the Middle of a Triathlon. (Speech, Occupational, & Physical Therapy)

The End (for Debbie)

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2007 11:24 PM, PST

Benefit Spaghetti Dinner

For: Daniel Murphy, II

When: Thursday, January 17th

Time: Dinner Served Between 5:00 to 8:00 PM

Where: J.G. Johnson Elementary School

Cost: Free. Donations will be Accepted

There will be a Cake Auction During the Dinner

The Cakes are being Prepared by Daniel’s Classmates & Tamara Trudeau.

*A Special Shout Out goes to Mrs. Lindgren for SpearHeading this Event.

*I Would not Know Where to Start Thanking Everyone because there are so many people involved with this event. Thank you.

Please Contact the Following People with Any Questions:

Gege Murphy gegejeff@yahoo.com

Sally Murphy sally@ronmurphyconst.com

Renae Lingren No Contact Info @ this Time