Cleanup Weekend Report

dunefreak

Wow! What a fun trip. I had a great time. I was able to get a little bit of riding in, along w/ a whole bunch of partying! :rockwoot: :headbang: It was great to meet some new faces and see some familiar ones too. :headbang: We'll definitley have to do it again next year! The cleanup was a good turnout. Suspensions Unlimited did a great job sponsoring the event. Everyone picked up a lot of trash filling both dumpsters up. :finger: Thanks to Friends of Dumont Dunes and especially ynot for his hard work he put into this whole cleanup. Also thanks for plugging DDR a couple times over the mic. :woo_hoo: Cathi (glam_mom), you're awesome. It was nice to meet you and the rest of the SU crew. Thanks a bunch for coming over & helping out with the potluck and hanging w/ DDR. :unsure::D We were glad to have you guys. Everyone else in the DDR camp was great. You guys and gals were true dedicated DDR peeps with supplying some food, help, and most importantly: yourselves. It was a great time. Next year it will hopefully be TWICE as big. :rockon:

Here are a few pics from the weekend....

Fri AM, tres hermanos, me, and ynot all went on a fun buggy run to the north pole....

1e6e7a38.jpg

88160af0.jpg

hey, look what we found in the mailbox... :headbang:

6df713ac.jpg

camp as of Friday AM...(my new dune home on wheels)

b383dd5b.jpg

7e68258a.jpg

my "picking-up trash" mobile... :headbang:

c1451bed.jpg

look what i found in the dunes...

89aee954.jpg

:rockon: and these too :woo_hoo: ....

e20d1b65.jpg

duniemonkie found a driver's license in the dunes over the section of whoops going to comp too! :unsure:

dropping the dumpsters off...

afc49728.jpg

One of the Suspensions Unlimited Demo Ride Cars...

2b9b1a94.jpg

Raffle/ prize givaway/ FoDD lunch...

c32e9b5b.jpg

ac69fac8.jpg

67d5bf6c.jpg

619133ea.jpg

4d2c9cbc.jpg

5a59c40e.jpg

b39c6db0.jpg

fd4f3efd.jpg

de309071.jpg

DDR potluck...(these are the only pics I have- it was dark out :rockwoot: )

c1cedb3b.jpg

2528044e.jpg

The DDR cake that Don29palms brought out. :finger: Thanks again, Don. :D

7fa68a08.jpg

serving it up...

ededabd7.jpg

just wanted to say had a great time. i didnt pick up as much trash as i should of, but i tried. was hard to carry the bag out in the dunes while riding, and stopping, and riding and stopping. :( ill try harder next year. i look forward to doing it again. hey i did manage to get most of the glass & beer cans out of our fire pit!!!! good times were had by all. gotta say sorry to dct for blowin the horn in his ear, hopefully he isnt still deaf. :( sowwwy. glad to finally camp and party with the ddr group. i had a great time. next time i gotta get in line early for a ride in dons rail!! hopefully him and tim both get their cars fixed quickly!! thanks for the hookup on the stickers pete. look forward to doing it again next year.

It was good times. Got a couple of good buggy rides in. Only had a minor little setback when I broke a heim on my lower control arm. Took longer to drive around to get parts and tools then it did to fix! All in all it was a great weekend. Cant wait to go again already.

I wanted to thank everyone at the ddr camp, I had a great time Saturday night :rockwoot:, and it's ok Stacey I can almost hear today. :headbang:

Edited by DCT

sorry we could'nt make it this time but we will come 4 the next one :hug:

It's an 8 1/2 hr drive 4 us :huh: :huh: but we did stay 2 days after Pres weekend and picked up trash left by :thumb::blury: :angry2:

:rockwoot: Good job to all of u :rockwoot:

we at jessmotorsportsoffroad.com thank u all and we will be ther 4 the next one :thumb:

post-541-1142913590_thumb.jpg

sorry we could'nt make it this time but we will come 4 the next one :hug:

It's an 8 1/2 hr drive 4 us :huh: :huh: but we did stay 2 days after Pres weekend and picked up trash left by :blury: :angry2: :thumb:

:rockwoot: Good job to all of u :thumb:

we at jessmotorsportsoffroad.com thank u all and we will be ther 4 the next one :huh:

you got it jms :huh:

so pete how did my marinated bbq short ribs turn out?? too bad i didnt show up but i wished i was there.. i hadda pick up my litto boy from tha grandparents but i'll make it out for the next trip...

Oh yeah, sorry Dave I forgot to thank you for that. THANKS A BUNCH! Those were friggin tasty! Very good job! Keep up the good work Mr. DDR chef! :rockwoot: You rock. :fro:

PSSSTTTTT. aren't we supposed to tell everyone Coral Pink is fake and doesn't exist? :grin:

oh yeah...shh sorry :icon_twisted: yeah ...uhh... we are just going to go riding looking for some pink coral...yeah...that's what I meant :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay sorry is in order, first off. :) Pictures were in the camera for a week. Just got over to my website guy and he will have them up by this weekend. http://www.suspensionsunlimited.net

Under photo gallery and Dumont Cleanup.

The group photo I took will have many of you in it. :)

Ah the memories.

Thanks everyone for having us~ We sure enjoyed meeting some really fun folks and laughed a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DDR camp definatly friendly.

My kids in the wagon... oh man... they had a blast. Thanks !!

The cake was really nice Don29Palms...

Food was good!! Great meat all of it. Appreciate you all doing that.

Chili... was too tomatoeeee - I will make sure it is better next time.

But you all ate it. WOW!!

Can't wait for you all to see yourselves in the photos. So keep an eye out. Thanks for posting some photos on here as well. I found myself in one too... wow, I never get in them cuz I am always taking them.

I am in the red S/U hat black and white shirt on right of S/U trailer.

Thanks all for a great cleanup and to new dune friends.

Next time we need more duning time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all who took Demo rides.. awesome and thanks for coming by.

All I can say is free shirt, free prizes, free food and shelter from rain next to your dune brothers and sisters.... shame on you if you weren't there. Better have a good excuse. ha ha.

(also.. my lateness is due to a fellow dune brother having a injury and needing surgery to fix it) Unforeseen accident on a dirt bike. Lovely.

Have a great weekend ya'll.