12-8-07 trip report

Randog

Awesome trip regardless of the weather. :thumb::ken: It was pretty cooperative though.

Lou,Whitney and I got there Thursday night.

The road in and out is in great shape. :thumb:

They added some soft arse sand just after the pay station on the hill. I had to put it in 4X4 to get up it Thurs night. WTF :think:

Warm, I was wearing a tee shirt at the fire till it started raining @ 2am Friday morning.

Then it poured like hell. Then it blew like hell. Kept me up till about 5:00. :shake:

Woke up Friday and went on a killer buggy ride. We were hookin' the F up.

Wheelies on demand. Dunes were wet but awesome.

However the top of each dune was like RazerWhoops. Knarwly. :blink:

Lou and I took the quads about 5miles up Sperry wash.

I never knew there was cool riding areas over there. We cut through and duned back.

It was nice to be back on sand and the throttle. :blink:

Didn't rain all day till Friday night. DejaVu weather: Rain and wind but cold now.

PaulyPaul and JJ showed up at like 3 or 4am. :dunno:

Saturday was a great day, but the dunes were rough.

The sand was drenched.

I was taking dirtklods to the mellon following Lou too close . :beat:

The Wars seemed kinda small. I didn't stop over there, but the Video posted on here looked sweet. :MBdance:

We had a pretty big camp. :dope::clap::bs:

Whitney and I, Lou, Stu, Pauly, JJ, a buddy Andrew and about 7 trailers full of his friends.

Jager blasters, a constant flow of beer, and a killer fire in camp kept us away from the hill every night.

Today's weather was really nice. Stu and I went on a killer ride till his son lost an oil plug out of his YFZ. :dope:

Stu towed him back while I went over and blasted the hill a few last times. Too much fun. :ken:

I got some pics and observations I'll add soon.

R-

Some pics:

Coolin' off during Friday's ride.

post-591-1197262585_thumb.jpg

Quiet weekend. Saturday pics.

post-591-1197262427_thumb.jpg

post-591-1197262503_thumb.jpg

4 stoke wars

post-591-1197262384_thumb.jpg

All my chit mang.

post-591-1197262685_thumb.jpg

Pauly waiting to ride Saturday. :dunno:

post-591-1197262736_thumb.jpg

Our break on Saturday's ride

post-591-1197262797_thumb.jpg

This guy with red wheels was rippin' around pretty good during our break. :dope:

post-591-1197262772_thumb.jpg

Cool sunset from camp Saturday.

post-591-1197262822_thumb.jpg

Edited by Randog

Great write up and pics Randog!

We saw these two rails coming up and over comp, looks like fun man

Thanks Mang. :dope:

Shoulda flagged us down.

I kept an eye out for your quad all weekend.

Wanted to meet you and go for a ride.

We'll hook up next time.

:dunno:

R-

Looks like you guys had great trip. It’s always lots of riding when the dunes are that quiet,

Wish we could have made it out there I love the way the paddles hook up in sand like that.

:bs::MBdance::dunno::dope:

Yeah, No Doubt Davey.

Wish you were there. :clap:

Quiet is nice.

There was surprisingly a lot of peeps in the dunes, considering the overall turnout.

The whole time, I kept thinkin' I had flat paddles again. Sounded weird in the wet sand.

My Dumont write up....

Got there friday night around 9:30, set up camp and went for a quick night ride. Love the handle bar mounted lights, I can finally see where I'm going. A little rain through the night soaked our chairs and a few people woke up with soggy boots (suckers). The dunes seemed almost empty, fresh untracked sand. It was hard pack all weekend but great for wheelies! The ATV races were pretty sweet, but I only watched a little of them....The video on here is awesome. Lost one of my lights on saturday night, wheelies up comp at night fun, but probably not the brightest idea (pun intended). Today was perfect, blue sky's, the sun was out It was a shame we had to leave...coulda spent a couple more days out there.

My observations:

Off weekends are awesome

always put your riding gear inside at night

plastic bags make great liners for wet boots

seeing some one go down behind a dune, then boots and a helmet come flying over the dune as the quad ghost rides off makes for a pretty funny sight (the guy was ok)

Leaving the women at home makes for a great weekend and faster rides

The guy with the red hoodie and yellow quad (honda?) is fast and now I have to make mine faster

Drunk people playing with fire makes for an entertaining night

a beercan full of gas will make a large fireball

hot exhaust pipes will melt almost anything

On a clear night the stars at dumont are incredible

Thanks Mang. :clap:

Shoulda flagged us down.

I kept an eye out for your quad all weekend.

Wanted to meet you and go for a ride.

We'll hook up next time.

:dunno:

R-

haven't been in a rail out there yet. would you take payment in beer? :dope:

I of course forgot my camera again, but hopefully the other guys got some good pics and i think a video camera came out at some point.

Ggrreeaatt weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't done that much ridding in along time! No, not in the ranger. I was on my 800 lb. tank. JJ NICE MEETING YOU, Randog would have been over there Saturday night but Rescue Me was pretty darn good. Saw you in the back of your truck Sunday morning when we were trying to get Pauly up (10am). Pauly and JJ, I know you liked my horn!

Charlie said he counted maybe 80 trailers in the whole place. I think Randog's camp was the biggest camp out there. We even parked over by OH #6 instead of way out in the SO. 40. Thats a first.

Neener Neener Neener! Should have been there.

Edited by BALL-N-CHAIN

I knew I would regret not going!! :beercheers:

:laughing: We actually talked about calling you sat and rubbing it in. But we forgot. Then you said last night you would have come out for Sun. Damn! I guess we should have called! Maybe next time bro! It was a great weekend. Haven't ridden my quad that much in a long time. I am sore as hell.

:beercheers: We actually talked about calling you sat and rubbing it in. But we forgot. Then you said last night you would have come out for Sun. Damn! I guess we should have called! Maybe next time bro! It was a great weekend. Haven't ridden my quad that much in a long time. I am sore as hell.

:laughing: Hey Craig, they really did TALK about it. I heard them. :D:D:D:D

Edited by BALL-N-CHAIN

what up randog???

nice pics there coolio.......wish i was there

what did the hill look like after the event? any trash left?

Sup McCheezzzzzle?

Fun stuff mang. :laughing:

Comp had some trash in areas, but the event was held on Banshee hill.

I didn't see any trash there. Small turnout and I think they took care of our D. :DDRrocks:

I was just there yesterday and it already seems like an effin' week. :beercheers:

Ggrreeaatt weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't done that much ridding in along time! No, not in the ranger. I was on my 800 lb. tank. JJ NICE MEETING YOU, Randog would have been over there Saturday night but Rescue Me was pretty darn good. Saw you in the back of your truck Sunday morning when we were trying to get Pauly up (10am). Pauly and JJ, I know you liked my horn!

Charlie said he counted maybe 80 trailers in the whole place. I think Randog's camp was the biggest camp out there. We even parked over by OH #6 instead of way out in the SO. 40. Thats a first.

Neener Neener Neener! Should have been there.

Hey Jill,

Yeah, I was tellin' Charlie to go get you that night. But, no :DDRrocks: ......... TV? :beercheers:

:news: Next time :laughing:

He's a cool dude, although he lies about his age. I called :laughoff::laughoff:

Fun hangin' out at the fire with him, JJ, and ChemicalAli ChemicalPauly. :laughoff:

:laughoff:

Edited by Randog

Very very little trash left over after the races and what was there I picked up. Lots of older stuff unearthed from the traffic but I didn't mind getting it at all. The forecast kept alot of folks home but they missed one helluva weekend.