Big Red reporting from Dumont! (until Christmas)

Big Red

Woooohooo I made it!!! I figured if Pete doesnt mind I will give a little report everyday in this thread.

Stopped by Valero's last night to do some filling up. Asked to by the season pass, didnt have it. Had to get a weekly. :dance: I told the guy there that they were supposed to have it, he said he hadnt heard a thing. So not sure whats up with that. I also decided to leave my gas cap on top of the pump, so now sitting here without a gas cap on my hauler. :broke: Hey bob if you are klm can swing me one out I will reimburse.

Road coming in is a bit choppy and washed, but not to bad. I hugged the left side on the way in and that seemed to do the trick for most of the ride in. The river crossing had just a little water running over it, not bad at all. The reported soft sand after the rangers station going up the hill, looked like it had gravel laid down over it. So that wasnt bad.

When we pulled into our camp area, they had the coyote welcoming comittee here. I did a couple circles trying to get my bearings, darn coyote stayed out in front of my truck lights doing circles with me. My girl didnt want to get out of the truck cause she was spooked by that.

There is only about 10 rigs out here from what I can tell. Pretty much have the place to ourselves as of now. The wind is starting to pick up today as forecasted, and suppose to get some rain. We shall see. Time to unload the buggy and go do a little site seeing. Safe duning! :thumb:

shiznit. tried to crank the buggy and a no go. this happened to me last trip and thought it was the battery, so have a new one in there. it has a good ground. maybe its a short??? anyone have any ideas? this totally suxors. :dance:

I figured if Pete doesnt mind I will give a little report everyday in this thread.

Why would I mind? Of course you can, Red. :laughoff::thumb:

I think everyone likes the live updates from Dumont. :dance:

As for the season pass, the vendors aren't selling those...only the BLM. That info is on the pass page. :broke:

Thanks for the update...keep em coming! :D

Thank you pete.

I am thinking there is a draw somewhere on the battery. Just gonna leave the battery unhooked when not riding. Should make it the rest of the trip.

Just got back from a morning ride. Sand is really soft, with just a thin film of wetness. Was a very nice ride and about to go do it again. Temp is 58 degrees. Winds starting to blow pretty good.

Anyone know if doghouse will be our here this weekend? Need to get a filter for my buggy.

Woooohooo I made it!!! I figured if Pete doesnt mind I will give a little report everyday in this thread.

Stopped by Valero's last night to do some filling up. Asked to by the season pass, didnt have it. Had to get a weekly. :beercheers: I told the guy there that they were supposed to have it, he said he hadnt heard a thing. So not sure whats up with that. I also decided to leave my gas cap on top of the pump, so now sitting here without a gas cap on my hauler. :lol: Hey bob if you are klm can swing me one out I will reimburse.

me of bob will have you 1 no problem...

Capt

Anyone know if doghouse will be our here this weekend? Need to get a filter for my buggy.

It looks like he will be out there this weekend on the 22nd.

http://www.doghouserepair.com/dumont.php

Our planned days for being at Dumont:

Saturday morning the 22nd of December through Sunday the 23rd.

Wednesday evening the 26th of December through Monday the 31st, or until I run out of gas!

let me know what filter you need and i can pick it up also :D

Capt

Its the air filter. I was messin round this morning thought I would check out the air filter..... And its not there. :laughoff: on the top of the filter box its says "FTE" and its around 4 1/2 inches long, by 2 1/2. Not sure if that will help. Its a volkswagen engine. I made a makeshift filter that should last. So dont make a big deal of it and run somewheres out of that way. If anything I will get it from Phil. Cant believe i didnt have an airfilter. geeeez :thumb:

Wind is kicking up really strong. Done riding for now till it dies down. Hooked up with an ole timer out here and we took a pretty good spin. :beercheers:

Thanks for the help everyone, it is sincerely appreciated. Duners rock!!!!! And..... :lol:

well, my wifes grandma just died . :( my wife flew out to tennesee so i have myself and the kids coming and when im mr mom my head goes right up my :laughing: so do you have enough firewood im not going to have time to get any.......................................................

well, my wifes grandma just died . :( my wife flew out to tennesee so i have myself and the kids coming and when im mr mom my head goes right up my :laughing: so do you have enough firewood im not going to have time to get any.......................................................

SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSS BOB.

I am getting some in the morning Bob so ... dont worry ... be happy!! Need any cigerettes :D ? (inside joke)

Capt

I think we should have enough bob. no worries. I am sure I have at least 2 nights worth.

just woke up, its 44 degrees outside. wind still kicking pretty good, not as bad as yesterday. really hoping it dies down soon.

went on a super kick butt ride yesterday before dark. hooked back up with the ole timer. he told me to lead and i got a a super good rythym there for a while. felt like ballet on the sand. :mc_smiley: :blah::wub::beerpint:

The wind is doing its job. Its a clean slate out there. Me and the ole timer are the only rail tracks on the sand. :mc_smiley: We had 4 quads riding with us, saw another 4 pack out there. One guy on a nice atv. And one guy that stayed on all the flats all morning in a rhino type ride.....he was picking up trash. :beerpint: And well thats about it. I will try to post pics later. :xmas4:

Edited by Big Red