top 10 cars

barneycar

Pete I hope he make it past the 200mph out there it will be in a controled invirament

Controlled environment or not, we hope he can do it too. They are telling him he is gonna "hit a brick wall" at 170 mph and it won't pull any faster than that. We shall wait and see. :flipoff:

I think the man with the deepest pockets has the fastest rail. But it doesn't mean he can drive it. I have seen some very fast cars, but the driver was no good. HP is a big part of it, but skills makes up a larger part!

Edited by Jusdune

Controlled environment or not, we hope he can do it too. They are telling him he is gonna "hit a brick wall" at 170 mph and it won't pull any faster than that. We shall wait and see. :lol:

yeah.... even lowered to the weeds and with skinny tires the car is still about as aerodynamic as a barndoor :flipoff::D

my biggest concern is the front end "lift" of the skidplate...... :lol: maybe we need to fab up a air dam or nose wing :laughoff:

27 posts and not one nomination! That's actually pretty coooool! If this were gd.com, this thread would be on page 4 with lots of bickering by now.

AMEN to that :lol:

....would be on page 4 and LOCKED; too many ego problems and personal attacks :flipoff:

Edited by spooner

Doesn't BigRick have a really fast car? The plum colored one with the front motor.

if your talking about the purple sand rocket i raced it at comp and beat it

but then again i have a new motor now so who knows.................................................

Edited by barefoot bob

I think the man with the deepest pockets has the fastest rail. But it doesn't mean he can drive it. I have seen some very fast cars, but the driver was no good. HP is a big part of it, but skills makes up a larger part!

exactly :mischevious:

I think the man with the deepest pockets has the fastest rail. But it doesn't mean he can drive it. I have seen some very fast cars, but the driver was no good. HP is a big part of it, but skills and balls makes up a larger part!

Fixed :mischevious: :stirthepot:

I don,t think that you half to have the deepest pockets. Just a well tuned car if the motor is tuned and so is the suspension than i think the car will do were good and hold its own. As aposed to a car that has all the power and no suspenion and no driver . the driver is most of the equasion in my opion.

Controlled environment or not, we hope he can do it too. They are telling him he is gonna "hit a brick wall" at 170 mph and it won't pull any faster than that. We shall wait and see. :grin:

what jack lufkin said was he doesnt think it will do much over 200 mph, but at 170 is where everything changes! the reason he told me that is because i had t-rex to 168 mph and i still had pedal left( i thought it would easily go 200 mph but they dont think so )

so how much motor does it take to go to 200 mph

in one of the other posts you had the car at the tuner but did not tune it to its utmost why

I think I can answer that for him. :offtopic:

Not sure exactly how much motor it takes, but I heard in the neighborhood of 1200-1400 HP (at the motor). The car should make that or close to it. They think aerodynamics may be an issue as the front A-arms might create a vortex of air slowing the car down.

As for the car being tuned. It was tuned twice. the 2nd time it made more power, but it was tuned using 91 octane and not full boost. he wants it to be reliable. He can turn up the boost and run race gas and it should make numbers close to what it needed when the time comes for space shuttle lift off. :grin:

Think we should split this topic? :offtopic:

cartmangoinghome.jpgDannyDuneBuggyEdit.jpg

Has anyone seen this Red Front Engine Car at Dumont?

It is my Brother-In-Law Danny's Car. (600 HP or so)

His friend Ryan(?) has one also. (1,200 HP or so)

He says it is one of the Better Sand Cars.

I do not know, I was in a Major Accident and suffered neck, back, and near decapitation, therefore I am a little afraid of "speed."

I tend to putt around on my Raptor and take it "easy."

We Love Dumont and Hope to get back into the Groove Soon.

Thanks DDR Members. :grin:

cartmangoinghome.jpgDannyDuneBuggyEdit.jpg

I do not know, I was in a Major Accident and suffered neck, back, and near decapitation, therefore I am a little afraid of "speed."

Thanks DDR Members. :grin:

Danny's buddy Ryan is the same Ryan we have been talking about (flyin ryan). ;)

Danny's car was built by the same builder, V8Rail (spooner and V8Rail here on DDR). They defintinly have done their homework and build some sweet cars.

why split? .... Ryans car is at the top of my top 10 :D ...(maybe im a little biased :offtopic: )

i think many will ask why so much engine, why so much hp, why try to go 200 in a buggy, why..... :offtopic:

IMHO the answer is a simple one:

for the challenge of it

George Mallory, mountaineering legend, answered similarly when asked why he climbed mount everest: because it was there :grin:

Thanks DDR Members. :headbang1:

Timothy

say hallo to Danny for me :headbang1:

heck, im afraid of speed as well. im just a regular guy that likes to drive around and have fun :headbang1: . to be honest; i think driving Ryans car would scare the shiat out of me :drinkbeer:

IMHO Ryan is a very talented driver (maybe sometimes a little over-agressive :headbang1: :beer_bang: ) and im positive he can handle his very high HP car..... its more the guys with the fast cars that think they are good drivers that i fear.....the wannabees or hasbins or neverbeens (sp?...sorry, my spelling sucs) :laughing:

for me a TOP 10 car is a car with a good driver in it... regardless of the HP

to show off good driving skills you dont always have to be fast; a good driver knows when to go slow as well (like in camp)

Edited by spooner