ltr450

ltr450

:stirthepot: my ltr is a great duner, but when it come's to drag raceing it up banshee or comp hill.It falls behind the other 450's.the only thing done to the bike was removing the baffle and installed a cherry bomb.don't know if installing a different exhaust will help that much or not. The ltr's are great at low and top end,but mid end fall's on it's face.It's not that i'm a heavey guy and all at 185 pounds.but it would be nice to have more pep in it's step. Edited by ltr450

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SELL IT...JK

Pipe, intake, paddles(6 paddles or Brats), run a smaller sprocket like a 13 and she will run alot better. if you ditch the heel guards, lights and all the plastic under the seat that will get her lightned up a little, just some stuff you can do for free. the intake and the pipe are going to cost money..

:flipoff:

tires, tires, tires, like 1badyfz said the 6 paddle extremes or padla brats,

I picked up 6 bike lengths by changing tires and went to a 13th front sproket. from your picture it looks like your running sand stars right? if you are you might as well race with the parking brake on....

It make a +3HP gain with the DASA Pipe and another 2HP with the Velocity air filter. Drop one tooth in the front to 13T. This will keep you ahead or even with the other 450's. Your LTR needs to Breath. :flipoff:

thanx sounds like 13t on the front sprocket is the ticket.I'v installed a k&n filter allready.i'm running with sand star tires at this time.how do you like that dasa pipe.thanx guys for all the help

SELL IT...JK

Pipe, intake, paddles(6 paddles or Brats), run a smaller sprocket like a 13 and she will run alot better. if you ditch the heel guards, lights and all the plastic under the seat that will get her lightned up a little, just some stuff you can do for free. the intake and the pipe are going to cost money..

:flipoff:

if you want to go faster up the hill get better paddles. You can sell

your sandstars and only come out of pocket $150. Its far cheaper than a

dasa and an intake. You could have a 60hp motor

and because of your sandstars you would still lose up the hill.

:afro:

best bang for the buck = new tires I recomend the 21x12x8 7 paddel hauler, with a 13t sprocket. with the air box lid off, butt plug removed and the cherry bomb this will put you infront of most honda and yfzs with pipes guarenteed

They've hit it on the head.

Change your paddles without going too much into the motor along with dropping a tooth in the front.

The V paddles are great for playing in the dunes, while the straight cuts are better for hill shooting.

You'll grab a few bikes lengths just by changing paddles.

Stay with the Extremes though if you go Skat Trak because its a reinforced paddle, the Haulers are rated for smaller cc bikes and will cavitate under bigger bore machines.

Get Brats. No matter what anyone says get brats.

For a bolt on 450 bike it will be the fastest tire.

Go one the LTRHQ. Their fastest built Ltrs all run brats.

Even at banshee hill the fastest ltr (John H) runs them.

Change your paddles without going too much into the motor along with dropping a tooth in the front.

The V paddles are great for playing in the dunes, while the straight cuts are better for hill shooting.

Stay with the Extremes though if you go Skat Trak because its a reinforced paddle, the Haulers are rated for smaller cc bikes and will cavitate under bigger bore machines.

Actually extremes will cause more drag with the paddle flexing less.You are better off with regular haulers.The haulers are not for smaller bikes either,every drag bike you look at out there including mine run regular hauler cups.The stiff cups on extremes cause more drag and will slow a lesser horsepower bike down if anything.Any bolt-on type 4 stroke(IE..Pipe,intake,programmer,etc)will be better off running 6 cup comp cut Sandtires Unlimited Padla Brats.They are the lightest best performing tire you can put on a stockbore type 4 stroke.The extremes are probably more dureable than a regular hauler cup,but unless you are roosting all across the hardpack regular hauler cups will hold up great.Another thing also,if you do get haulers dont get 7 cups,get 6 if anything.7 cups is overkill if your bike isnt really hooked up.21x12x8 6 cups on 8x7 blue labels.

Edited by Sand_YFZ

Extremes are heavy and overboard. 6 cup regular haulers are more than enough.

Fastest tire this guy can get for his set up are 6 paddle Brats on blue labels. True Story.

Get Brats. No matter what anyone says get brats.

For a bolt on 450 bike it will be the fastest tire.

Go one the LTRHQ. Their fastest built Ltrs all run brats.

Even at banshee hill the fastest ltr (John H) runs them.

They are faster, but cost twice as much!

best bang for the buck = new tires I recomend the 21x12x8 7 paddel hauler, with a 13t sprocket. with the air box lid off, butt plug removed and the cherry bomb this will put you infront of most honda and yfzs with pipes guarenteed

:rockon: thanx for all the help. this is much better than going to a bike shop and asking a teen age kid for advise and he give you a stupid look or, um.......I dont know dude.Today went to the bike shop and picked up 13t sprocket,and a friend that we camping with has a set of haulers 6 padles.going to use them on the next trip.just don't know if i'm going to spend 4 to 5 hundred on a exhaust wright now :DDRrocks:

Just like a Porsche costs twice as much as a Mustang....theres a reason for it. You get what you pay for.

I agree.Ive done quite a bit of testing with tires.If you are comparing apples to apples brats arent much more than triple buffs.

Edited by Sand_YFZ

I have to disagree, check out the ltrhq and its proven that the tires will make a difference, there are stock pipe ltrs beating piped yfzs hands down.

:thumb: Stock piped LTR's beating piped YFZ's hands down huh? :lol::laughoff:

Actually extremes will cause more drag with the paddle flexing less.You are better off with regular haulers.The haulers are not for smaller bikes either,every drag bike you look at out there including mine run regular hauler cups.The stiff cups on extremes cause more drag and will slow a lesser horsepower bike down if anything.Any bolt-on type 4 stroke(IE..Pipe,intake,programmer,etc)will be better off running 6 cup comp cut Sandtires Unlimited Padla Brats.They are the lightest best performing tire you can put on a stockbore type 4 stroke.The extremes are probably more dureable than a regular hauler cup,but unless you are roosting all across the hardpack regular hauler cups will hold up great.Another thing also,if you do get haulers dont get 7 cups,get 6 if anything.7 cups is overkill if your bike isnt really hooked up.21x12x8 6 cups on 8x7 blue labels.

i know you your bike is really fast because i've seen you run but my bolt on ltr LOVES the 7 blade 21x12x8 haulers (68" r/o) they were the best money i've spent.

Sand yfz, if you have someone in your group with a piped yfz and would like to run a ltr with stock pipe we will be there for pres. weekend, I promise you will not be let down. I am talking piped only, no cams ext.

Sand yfz, if you have someone in your group with a piped yfz and would like to run a ltr with stock pipe we will be there for pres. weekend, I promise you will not be let down. I am talking piped only, no cams ext.

I,m going to be out for pres-weekend. With new set of tires and 13t sproket,If this helps out mite have a fighting chance against the other 450's.ltr's are great in the hole shot but lack of power in the mid's