eyeball fabrications

jackpunx

Anyone have any experience with these cars?

This is the description.. I should get more details tonight

Any thoughts would be great

also.. this one has a new motor.. Just did a full rebuild after thanks giving.. He gets it back tomorrow

thanks

Mark

2005 Eyeball Fabrication, Long Travel, 3-Seat Sandrail

Carcraft 2016 VW, Turbo Charged w/Adjustable waste gate and all the good stuff

The Wright Gear Box fully built 091 tranny with short throw shifter

Air bags on all four corners w/ chromed King bypasses on all four corners

Onboard compressor to adjust airbags on the fly

Unequal length, chromed. chromoly tig welded a-arms

Chromed, chromoly, boxed 2" hollow spindles

Chromed, chromoly trailing arms

Gear One axles, hubs, disc brakes, quick release steering wheel, and race prepped 930 cvs

Autometer gauges

Four Laser Star front lights and two LED rear lights

Beard bench seat

Sealed switches

Gorgeous blue paint with custom airbushed graphix

Edited by jackpunx

barefoot bob has an eyeball fab car and absolutely loves his! They are badass cars :D

I just called the manufacture and asked him about the airbag system.. I guess they did it that way so the guy could load it in a low trailer.. He said its a duning car.. not for jumping and that the airbags were only to adjust the ride height.. very interesting

I know funco's have airbags and they seem to work really good for them..

i have the 4 seat phantom . its my second one . i swear by them. fantastic car.

car craft biulds excellent vws ( i had a car craft motor and turbo in my mid engien my last beam car) ed over there knows his stuff

wright gearbox biulds strong trannies ( ricky is a great guy)

im suprised it has gear ones and not wild woods however :laughing:

that car must have been biult just before mine

mine was started in july 05 i got it oct 15 05

and matts car was biult next so it must be an early 05 car.

it was probably biult light for the vw motor ( chris really beefs em up if you go high hp or tell him your jumping it)

there hand biult by chris and paul

service by them is great they take good care of me.

thats my eyeball in the pic below and yes i love my eyeball.

my suspension is awsome but i have kings with his valving in them. and by passes but i know two guys with the 2 seat getter car and they love them.

thanks for the reply Bob,

I sent you a PM

i have the 4 seat phantom . its my second one . i swear by them. fantastic car.

car craft biulds excellent vws ( i had a car craft motor and turbo in my mid engien my last beam car) ed over there knows his stuff

wright gearbox biulds strong trannies ( ricky is a great guy)

im suprised it has gear ones and not wild woods however :laughing:

that car must have been biult just before mine

mine was started in july 05 i got it oct 15 05

and matts car was biult next so it must be an early 05 car.

it was probably biult light for the vw motor ( chris really beefs em up if you go high hp or tell him your jumping it)

there hand biult by chris and paul

service by them is great they take good care of me.

thats my eyeball in the pic below and yes i love my eyeball.

my suspension is awsome but i have kings with his valving in them. and by passes but i know two guys with the 2 seat getter car and they love them.

hi tim !! i was looking for you new years i made it out.

ive never been in the "getter" car. theres two guys in the eyeball group that have them and chris was driving one when he biult my car. but it is similar to mine except the backseat area was eliminated, and of course this one has speacial order airbags.

I know rig air bags would work but if you ever were to try to even use them as a shocking system of any kind you may as well say bye bye to good old back. They also have allot of sway and roll to them I know first hand from when a buddy and I put air bags in the back of his old dodge.

No coils no springs made a special rail set up that went from the front spring hangers down to the rear axle. He also went through allot of U joints due to it wobbling all over the place but the ride felt cool but then again it wasn't aired all the way up either we tried that one to our surprise I swear we felt every little bump in the road.

We did end up refining the system so there were no U joints being blown or anything only problem was when he carried any weight in the back of the truck any corner you went around it would lean real bad to that one side. The truck is now back to the way it was with leaf springs under it with just regular ole shocks for absorption.

So I could see an air bag set up working to a degree but as far as jumping one of them rails and using the air bags to absorb the shock I am not really sure if that would be such a great idea or not but who know's anything is possible.

I know rig air bags would work but if you ever were to try to even use them as a shocking system of any kind you may as well say bye bye to good old back. They also have allot of sway and roll to them I know first hand from when a buddy and I put air bags in the back of his old dodge.

No coils no springs made a special rail set up that went from the front spring hangers down to the rear axle. He also went through allot of U joints due to it wobbling all over the place but the ride felt cool but then again it wasn't aired all the way up either we tried that one to our surprise I swear we felt every little bump in the road.

We did end up refining the system so there were no U joints being blown or anything only problem was when he carried any weight in the back of the truck any corner you went around it would lean real bad to that one side. The truck is now back to the way it was with leaf springs under it with just regular ole shocks for absorption.

So I could see an air bag set up working to a degree but as far as jumping one of them rails and using the air bags to absorb the shock I am not really sure if that would be such a great idea or not but who know's anything is possible.

LOL

What's up bob?

Never seen a 3 seat layout like that. Is it roomy or are you snug in there?

it hold 500 lbs comfortly,

me @ 210 wife 107 son at 135 worked good.

my car is not for sale,

it rides and handles unbelieveable,

the air ride is the best part

I hooked a seperate line to each bag

and did away with all the switches